missing nine games.

#CBJ lines vs #NJDevils today: Foligno-
Johansen-Clarkson; Hartnell-Wennberg-
Atkinson; Gibbons-Anisimov-Dano;
Tropp-Letestu-Boll.

Columbus Mike

2015-16 CBJ
Feb 21, 2008
5:00 start. Since we usually don't show up until about 7:30 most nights, this doesn't bode well.

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
5:00 start. Since we usually don't show up until about 7:30 most nights, this doesn't bode well.

:laugh: 7:30 at best - lately its been closer to 8

I was going to say the Devil(s) we knew were probably better than the Devil(s) we are getting (minus Jagr) but he wasn't playing much anyway.

A loss tonight sinks whatever playoff chances some still cling to but would help the draft position.

Another thought just occurred to me - people can now quit *****ing about the Horton deal. We got a 1st liner out of it.

EDM

Mar 8, 2008
Actually, I will be kind of annoyed if we win this game. Hate to say that. But I am really feeling defeated and deflated by the hockey gods right about now.

aRussian

Oct 21, 2007
Ohio
Clarkson will play a great game, get us excited then level off in a few games

I feel like many of our acquisitions do that. Last I remember is everyone getting crazy about how good Cotton was at first.

Over/Under on how many posts into the GDT that someone flirts with the idea that he'll be a close to 30 goal-scorer with us due to his "change of scenery"?

alphafox

Jun 14, 2011
First of three with the Devils to end the year, also two with Carolina, and 2 with Edmonton. We've got a long tank battle to finish the year and it starts tonight.

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
I feel like many of our acquisitions do that. Last I remember is everyone getting crazy about how good Cotton was at first.

Over/Under on how many posts into the GDT that someone flirts with the idea that he'll be a close to 30 goal-scorer with us due to his "change of scenery"?

I'll take 2 from yours and say that I'm sure he'll score 30 for us. Just might take him 3 or 4 years. :laugh:

EDM

Mar 8, 2008
If he is with us for the full season next year, I think Clarkson gets 20 goals.

punk_o_holic

Mar 1, 2002
N. Vancouver, B.C.
I think Clarkson scores a goal, maybe 2. One will be of him cleaning the garbage. He stands by the crease and pops in a rebound. Another will be where he is open and Johansen finds him with a sweet pass.

4-2 Columbus

Columbus Mike

2015-16 CBJ
Feb 21, 2008
The most appropriate thing to have happen involving Clarkson is for him to get hurt tonight. That's more likely than him getting on the scoresheet.

We Want Ten

Make Chinakov Great Again
Apr 5, 2013
Columbus
I could not be any less enthusiastic about this game. Hope Clarkson does well against his old team though. Really hope we don't see Bob.

thebus2288*

If these are the lines, be prepared to see Wennberg "leading the league" after tonight. And by "leading" I mean he'll have the HIGHEST negative number in the +/- column.

Big steps into becoming that "elite" 2 way center.

Quite revolutionary tactics for a 1st year rookie coming over from Europe. Instead of learning what to do to be successful in the NHL or on small ice, Wennberg and the FO have decided a completely different development plan. This 1st year, at the complete detriment to the team, is being used so Wennberg can "learn" or do exactly what he shouldn't do for the rest of his career. I'd say he's done a pretty good job at THAT. So good that I'd have no problem considering him elite anymore.

Dr. Fire

What, me worry?
Jun 29, 2007
Jacketstown, Ohio
First of three with the Devils to end the year, also two with Carolina, and 2 with Edmonton. We've got a long tank battle to finish the year and it starts tonight.

We managed to lose the first two to the Canes, and I have the utmost confidence we can do the same with the next two.

DJA

over the horizon radar
Sponsor
Apr 17, 2002
Beyond the Infinite
I'm actually looking forward to this one. I don't like the Devils or their fans so I would love to see Clarkson do something tonight.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
If these are the lines, be prepared to see Wennberg "leading the league" after tonight. And by "leading" I mean he'll have the HIGHEST negative number in the +/- column.

Big steps into becoming that "elite" 2 way center.

Quite revolutionary tactics for a 1st year rookie coming over from Europe. Instead of learning what to do to be successful in the NHL or on small ice, Wennberg and the FO have decided a completely different development plan. This 1st year, at the complete detriment to the team, is being used so Wennberg can "learn" or do exactly what he shouldn't do for the rest of his career. I'd say he's done a pretty good job at THAT. So good that I'd have no problem considering him elite anymore.

:deadhorse

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad