GDT: Game 61: Capitals @ Coyotes - 8:00pm - FSA, FSA+ - Smackdown Edition

moosemeister

5,000 strong
Feb 15, 2010
Mesa, Arizona
Picked up a contract job and gave my tickets away for tonight.

Hopefully they pull one off for my friend who is going to their first game ever.

I feel bad for having to punish him like this

Bondurant

Jul 4, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona
Bah. These modern era belts have nothing on the straps of old. Bring out the NWA title or Warrior's IC strap and maybe I'll care. Good for the kids, though.

We'll have an opportunity to witness Ovechkin hit 700. I've been to countless live sporting events and have witnessed only two significant events (Boise beating Oklahoma and Carey Price becoming the Habs wins leader). I'll settle for The Thrill doing something to earn a bit of that contract.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
Caps fans must love the 10 PM start time.

giphy.gif

Any idea who is in goal for you guys tonight? I'm rooting for the Coyotes to make the playoffs so maybe start a long winning streak after taking an L tonight?

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Bah. These modern era belts have nothing on the straps of old. Bring out the NWA title or Warrior's IC strap and maybe I'll care. Good for the kids, though.

We'll have an opportunity to witness Ovechkin hit 700. I've been to countless live sporting events and have witnessed only two significant events (Boise beating Oklahoma and Carey Price becoming the Habs wins leader). I'll settle for The Thrill doing something to earn a bit of that contract.
I was there for Randy Johnson becoming the winningest left hander ever. I was there for Garthers 700th. Wizards 1000th and DOANERS hat trick.

TheLegend

Megathread Gadfly
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
giphy.gif

Any idea who is in goal for you guys tonight? I'm rooting for the Coyotes to make the playoffs so maybe start a long winning streak after taking an L tonight?

Raanta will probably be in goal will Hill backing up. Kuemper was on the ice for the morning skate but that’s not a real sign.

Should know more in a while.

Edit: Now seeing Brad Richardson was not on the ice this morning. Barrett Hayton was on the ice.

More to come....

Last edited:
Reactions: AlexBrovechkin8

Dirty Old Man

So funny I forgot to laugh
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2008
Ostrich City
I was there for Randy Johnson becoming the winningest left hander ever. I was there for Garthers 700th. Wizards 1000th and DOANERS hat trick.

I was also at Gartners 700th, the end of Boucher's shutout minutes streak, Stephen Drew hitting for the cycle (first at Chase Field), and Scott Skiles setting the NBA single game assist mark, which still stands.

The cycle was interesting, as the 4th hit was a ground rule double that bounced into the bleachers near me - I went nuts, realizing what it meant, and no one else reacted, until they flashed it on the scoreboard.

PuckLife

Feb 26, 2015
So his only plan is tonight, and the guys are playing well enough not to put in Hayton? What planet is Toccett on?

Muppet

7th Round Pick
Mar 13, 2011
Another Hayton scratching streak begins. Poor kid.

Tocc took the blame for their poor starts in his last post game before Morgan jumped in and basically begged him to blame the players instead. We'll see how they start tonight.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad