GDT: Game 61: Capitals @ Coyotes - 8:00pm - FSA, FSA+ - Smackdown Edition

cobra427

May 6, 2012
We only win those low scoring games. Cant image we won a game like 6-4, 7:6 etc...

So yeah, we have to get a great goalie performance.

You get your wins, but not enough to play hockey in april.
Low GAA gets you wins, and playoff wins if we get there. I had rather win 2-1 than 5-4 any day. No team can give up a ton of goals and expect to do well in the playoffs.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Rannta played great but so did Holtby, thought it was a wash. Chych miss played his man on the goal, and I know he lost his stick. He could be elite if he cleans up his D play. Team D was better and we had plenty of opportunities snuffed out by Holtby. The Richardson line was great tonight, shut down their top line and was tough on the forecheck. I thought the caps played well too. Maybe they took us a bit lightly at the start?

This team is pretty inconsistent with their execution, flips back and forth from poor to good on a whim. I am glad we got 2 points.
Raanta was better, can't dispute that. Any game where Ovi gets 8 SOG and no goal is huge, and that fourth line deserves much credit for shutting that line down. Chick made a mistake, but I don't change a thing about his play.

cobra427

May 6, 2012
Raanta was better, can't dispute that. Any game where Ovi gets 8 SOG and no goal is huge, and that fourth line deserves much credit for shutting that line down. Chick made a mistake, but I don't change a thing about his play.
I'll dispute it, pretty even goal tending. I would have Chych work on his D mistakes, just saying, he has had 3 games in a row with clear mistakes winding up in our net:)

Reactions: Coyotedroppings

AJ171181

Sep 27, 2019
Bochum
Low GAA gets you wins, and playoff wins if we get there. I had rather win 2-1 than 5-4 any day. No team can give up a ton of goals and expect to do well in the playoffs.

maybe, but whats a normal score per game!? No statistics at hand, but i think 7,8,9 per game?

watch our wins the last years, IF we win a game its like 2:0, 3:0, 3:1, 3:2 ...
as an nhl playoff team you must react after goals, maybe after 2 bad periods... but we are not the team can change a 1:3 into a 4:3 or something. Every teams needs a good Goalie performance, but for us it’s absolutely necessary. Raanta was awesome in this „special“ situations last night.
Like Darcy did! And we all now, Kuemper made much of this good first 40 games.

Some of my friends here are joking, we watch hockey through the night and the Yotes are coming as one of the last games (4am last night), and its always low scoring.

BTW: i hope u all can understand my language, i try my best and try to learn ;-)
School english was much easier than hockey conversation:))

Last edited:
Reactions: DOTS13

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
maybe, but whats a normal score per game!? No statistics at hand, but i think 7,8,9 per game?

watch our wins this the last years, IF we win a game its like 2:0, 3:0, 3:1, 3:2 ...
as an nhl playoff team you must react after goals, maybe after 2 bad periods... but we are not the team can change a 1:3 into a 4:3 or something. Every teams needs a good Goalie performance, but for us it’s absolutely necessary. Raanta was awesome its in this „special“ situations last night.
Like Darcy did! And we all now, Kuemper made much of this good first 40 games.

Some of my friends here are joking, we watch hockey through the night and the Yotes are coming as one of the last games (4am last night), and its always low scoring.

BTW: i hope u all can understand my language, i try my best and try to learn ;-)
School english was much easier than hockey conversation:))
Average goals per game is around 6.

Reactions: AJ171181

BUX7PHX

Jul 7, 2011
I was there for Randy Johnson becoming the winningest left hander ever. I was there for Garthers 700th. Wizards 1000th and DOANERS hat trick.

Over a four year span of regular season home games, I was able to make 158 oout of 164. Doan's hat trick was one of the ones that I missed. I was coaching at a lacrosse tournament in San Diego.

Reactions: DOTS13

Murf

Apr 10, 2007
WESTSIDE(of Gilbert)
I'll dispute it, pretty even goal tending. I would have Chych work on his D mistakes, just saying, he has had 3 games in a row with clear mistakes winding up in our net:)

The goal against was Goligoski’s brain fart. He’s just standing there watching until the guy he should spooning is already burying the rebound.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
The goal against was Goligoski’s brain fart. He’s just standing there watching until the guy he should spooning is already burying the rebound.

Tocchet talks a lot about guys not 'boxing out' and that was a prime example. Play the body, or clear the puck. Don't just stand there and waive your stick at the guy. Against Ottawa, he turned a routine dump in into an easy tap in goal for the sens because he stopped skating.

It's a routine with him and he should be gone come the summer.

Reactions: BigJCaRoach

Mosby

Fire Bettman
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
I'd like to see Hayton get into the lineup but Richardson played well last game. So who comes out? I know many will suggest Stepan but that's just not going to happen. Maybe Fischer?

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
I'd like to see Hayton get into the lineup but Richardson played well last game. So who comes out? I know many will suggest Stepan but that's just not going to happen. Maybe Fischer?

Has to be Vinny. Moving his feet but still making terrible decisions, took a bad penalty. Fischer had a good game.

justin323032

Oct 12, 2018
Seriously though, Kessel did make ONE nice play with Schmaltz and Keller which almost guarantees Hayton will only get third line minutes and talent. Before he was a shoe in for that second line but not at the expense of stepping on Kessel's tootsies. I keep playing the scenario through my mind. Would I rather Kessel get hot and carry us into the playoffs, or for him to continue to crash and burn so management will get their comeuppance?

cobra427

May 6, 2012
Chych went to the ice and slid out of the play, its on him.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Chych went to the ice and slid out of the play, its on him.
Two wrongs don't make a right. Raanta made the initial save, but no one cleared the rebound. It all started with Chick losing his stick though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad