GDT: Game 60 - Winnipeg Jets @ Buffalo Sabres - Sunday, March 3rd, 2024 - 6:00pm CST - TSN3 - CJOB/Power 97

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 24, 2006
Thanks for the GDT @macmaroon

giphy.gif
I remember this scene as a young lad, with ONJ showing up in that outfit. Needless to say it made me feel and warm and fuzzy in all the best places.

Just like I’ll feel if the Jets win tonight.

Crocket

Jul 14, 2013
Nope it wasn't.
He said currently in a playoff spot ... so it can't be the Wild.
The next question he was asked is if they could play the Jets in the playoffs he said "yes" which was followed up by ... if they meet in the first round and would he mention the team and he answered "no". So that could mean no they won't meet in the first round or no he won't mention the team.
My bet is ... its a Dallas player because this was posted March 2nd and since the Stars just have beaten the Jets soundly and are 3-0 against them.
I hope this gets back to the Jets and is played before every playoff game.
I can't wait for the next Stars game either.
Yup. I believe he meant that he wouldn't say, to not out the player. It's Matt Duchene

Last edited:

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013
So, Vilardi out, since he's here.
Dillon back in, Tree out I assume.
Perfetti in so barring a surprise illness I'm guessing Kupari sits again since slow Gus just came back.
In terms of straight line speed, slow Gus is faster than Scheifele, Appleton, and Morrissey. Those are the only 3 I checked.

Reactions: Mortimer Snerd

robertocarlos

Sep 19, 2014
Some hard luck in the W/L column for Brossoit vs the Sabres.
Laurent Brossoit has a 0-2-1 record in 3 games with a GAA of 1.65 and a SV% of .941 against the Sabres in his career
CaBdDAJ.png

The Sabres are 9-9-8 all-time on March 3
The Jets record is 3-1-1 on March 3 with one of those wins coming against Buffalo
CzBXkik.png

Sabres are 3-5-0 in the 2nd of B2B games
Jets are 5-0-0 in the 2nd of B2B games

Jets record on Sundays 4-1-0
Sabres record on Sundays 3-2-0

Buffalo has played some good defense since Jan 1 but it has only resulted in 12 wins in 23 games.

Since Jan. 1, Buffalo has allowed just 50 goals in 23 games, the fewest goals allowed in the NHL in that span.
• Buffalo has allowed the fewest third-period goals since Jan. 1 (12).
• Following Buffalo’s game last night, the Sabres had allowed the second-fewest goals among all NHL teams at 5-on-5 (30) since Jan 1

Winnipeg is 4-1-0 in their past five visits to Buffalo… Winnipeg has allowed two goals or less in four consecutive road games against the
Sabres.

Sean Monahan leads the Jets in career scoring against the Sabres with 21 points (8G, 13A) in 21 games… Nino Niederreiter has two of his four
career hat tricks against the Sabres… Kyle Connor has five points (3G, 2A) in his past four games against Buffalo.

Mason Appleton has 4 goals in 6 games vs Buffalo.

Mark Scheifele needs two points to reach 700 for his NHL career and needs one power play assist to reach 100 for his NHL career.
Scheifele has decent stats vs Buffalo (16Gp 5G 8A 13Pts) so I say he hits both marks tonight.

Nate Schmidt playing his 200th game as a Jet tonight (assuming he plays)

Bit of a back and forth record vs Buffalo in recent games.
Asc0kGF.png

The Charlie Brown of the NHL.
Jeff Skinner has played 985 NHL games and assuming he stays healthy will hit 1000 career NHL games this season. He has never played a single playoff game in his NHL career and it doesn't look like Buffalo will make the playoffs this season. Some bad fortune for Skinner as Carolina has made the playoffs every season since he was traded.

Skinner's 985GP without a playoff game is the current NHL record.

I believe the previous record was Ron Hainsey at 907.
All that money and 4 months vacation. He's a winner.

ThinIce61

Jul 11, 2018
They weren't traded for each like Vilardi and PL Hollywood were but for all his troubles and 1 point in 18 games Perfetti has 30 points on the season and Hollywood with an assist today has 27. Considering the difference in salaries and experience I think we are ok with Perfetti.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad