GDT: Game 60 - Winnipeg Jets @ Buffalo Sabres - Sunday, March 3rd, 2024 - 6:00pm CST - TSN3 - CJOB/Power 97

Status
Not open for further replies.

SUX2BU

User of registers
Feb 6, 2018
Canada
Thanks @macmaroon

Would like to see Nino go on a heater to take some heat off our top guys.

Go Jets go!

Trip update: We are in now in Kentucky, surrogate birthplace of young KFC.

Is this your tour guide? :laugh:

1709484855901.gif

TheDeuce

Halak, Ryder, and a second.
Feb 22, 2009
Comrie's having a rough season:

1709485704246.png

I'm surprised at Bodog's odds today. Jets paying 1.855:1 and Sabres paying 1.971:1. Both teams played yesterday; maybe the oddsmakers are putting a lot of weight on the Jets having travelled yesterday? Or the Sabre's having scored seven against the Knights?

m.

SensibleGuy

Nov 26, 2011

View attachment 828657

I'm surprised at Bodog's odds today. Jets paying 1.855:1 and Sabres paying 1.971:1. Both teams played yesterday; maybe the oddsmakers are putting a lot of weight on the Jets having travelled yesterday? Or the Sabre's having scored seven against the Knights?

m.

Just factoring in the fraud element. lol

hn777

Apr 22, 2019

View attachment 828657

m.
Buffalo has been good lately, playing at home, and still not completely out of playoffs. I expect a difficult game against a desperate opponent.

Last edited:

raideralex99

Whiteout Is Coming.
Dec 18, 2015
West Coast
How long can these frauds play well?

It was Ryan Hartman who said it.
Nope it wasn't.
He said currently in a playoff spot ... so it can't be the Wild.
The next question he was asked is if they could play the Jets in the playoffs he said "yes" which was followed up by ... if they meet in the first round and would he mention the team and he answered "no". So that could mean no they won't meet in the first round or no he won't mention the team.
My bet is ... its a Dallas player because this was posted March 2nd and since the Stars just have beaten the Jets soundly and are 3-0 against them.
I hope this gets back to the Jets and is played before every playoff game.
I can't wait for the next Stars game either.

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
I thought the player that said the Jets were a fraud was from a playoff team in the conference, the Wild are not even close
It was Kevin Hayes when the blues were in the PO's :laugh:

Or PLD :naughty:

Last edited:

DharmaBum

Just like a young Dave Ellett
Nov 14, 2010
Winnipeg
Some hard luck in the W/L column for Brossoit vs the Sabres.
Laurent Brossoit has a 0-2-1 record in 3 games with a GAA of 1.65 and a SV% of .941 against the Sabres in his career
CaBdDAJ.png

The Sabres are 9-9-8 all-time on March 3
The Jets record is 3-1-1 on March 3 with one of those wins coming against Buffalo
CzBXkik.png

Sabres are 3-5-0 in the 2nd of B2B games
Jets are 5-0-0 in the 2nd of B2B games

Jets record on Sundays 4-1-0
Sabres record on Sundays 3-2-0

Buffalo has played some good defense since Jan 1 but it has only resulted in 12 wins in 23 games.

Since Jan. 1, Buffalo has allowed just 50 goals in 23 games, the fewest goals allowed in the NHL in that span.
• Buffalo has allowed the fewest third-period goals since Jan. 1 (12).
• Following Buffalo’s game last night, the Sabres had allowed the second-fewest goals among all NHL teams at 5-on-5 (30) since Jan 1

Winnipeg is 4-1-0 in their past five visits to Buffalo… Winnipeg has allowed two goals or less in four consecutive road games against the
Sabres.

Sean Monahan leads the Jets in career scoring against the Sabres with 21 points (8G, 13A) in 21 games… Nino Niederreiter has two of his four
career hat tricks against the Sabres… Kyle Connor has five points (3G, 2A) in his past four games against Buffalo.

Mason Appleton has 4 goals in 6 games vs Buffalo.

Mark Scheifele needs two points to reach 700 for his NHL career and needs one power play assist to reach 100 for his NHL career.
Scheifele has decent stats vs Buffalo (16Gp 5G 8A 13Pts) so I say he hits both marks tonight.

Nate Schmidt playing his 200th game as a Jet tonight (assuming he plays)

Bit of a back and forth record vs Buffalo in recent games.
Asc0kGF.png

The Charlie Brown of the NHL.
Jeff Skinner has played 985 NHL games and assuming he stays healthy will hit 1000 career NHL games this season. He has never played a single playoff game in his NHL career and it doesn't look like Buffalo will make the playoffs this season. Some bad fortune for Skinner as Carolina has made the playoffs every season since he was traded.

Skinner's 985GP without a playoff game is the current NHL record.

I believe the previous record was Ron Hainsey at 907.

Inanna

Maybe this year...
Sponsor
Aug 29, 2022
Anyone know the lineups? First line Ehlers is really going to influence my desire to place some dough on the game.
I haven't seen any lineups, but it would appear that if Brossoit starts in net, our chances of losing will just about double.

Reactions: Stumbledore

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Buffalo-NY.jpg

We all know that Buffalo is home to the Sabres and the Bills, but what other fascinating facts will we find about “The City of Good Neighbors” in the latest installment of...

View attachment 828575

Buffalo has been a pioneer in many aspects, not only in its architecture: Thanks to its proximity to the powerful Niagara Falls, it was the first city to feature electric street lights in 1886. The Hotel Buffalo (originally known as the Statler Hotel) was the first hotel in the world to have a private bath in each room, and grain elevators were invented in Buffalo in 1842. Buffalo was also home to the biggest office building in the world, the Ellicott Square Building, which opened in 1896 and held this title for 16 years...

electric-streetlight-buffalo.gif

The Herschell Carrousel Factory Museum is the only surviving historical carousel factory in the world still open to the public. In North Tonawanda there were once four carousel factories where thousands of carousels were produced. There are less than 150 all wood carousels left in the world. One is housed in The Herschell Carrousel Factory Museum...

the-kiddy-carousel.jpg

Theodore Roosevelt was inaugurated in Buffalo, New York and not in the nation’s capital. An inauguration that doesn’t take place in Washington, D.C. is very rare, and Roosevelt was sworn-in in Buffalo because President William McKinley was shot while visiting the 1901 Pan-American Exposition in the city. After McKinley died from his mortal wounds, Roosevelt was inaugurated as the 26th President of the United States in the Wilcox Mansion, which is now a museum dedicated to the inauguration and other happenings from that era. The beautifully restored mansion combines old and new by displaying exhibits from the Pan-American Exposition and offering some fantastic interactive features that make it fun to learn more about the inauguration and the events surrounding it...

Theodore-Roosevelt-Inaugural-National-Historic-Site_b3cea558-0807-56d1-04da434aa85168ff.jpg

This was one of the most surprising Buffalo facts I learned: In the early 1900’s, Buffalo had more millionaires per capita than any other city in the United States! That was around the time when Buffalo was an important railroad hub and stop along the trade route from East to West, plus the largest grain-milling center in the United States. When the St Lawrence Seaway was opened, replacing the Erie Canal as the most significant waterway in the region, and Amtrak rerouted trains to nearby Depew, the steel industry and grain milling declined and consequently, Buffalo’s prosperity dropped. But you can still see many of the millionaire’s mansions along Delaware Avenue, which was known as Millionaires Row back in the day...

View attachment 828578

The electric chair was invented in Buffalo and created quite the buzz (pun intended) in the execution industry… if there is such a thing. Buffalo dentist Alfred Southwick saw his invention as a humane way of ending one’s life. The verdict's still out on that one...

dPIx-pN4Wnl2zXxdSkIyd60Ym20D7UlTnvEf_zLiHvqylyy9wFHYwDAp62zWgFkfb2rT4o5xt8eYV4yr6zMNJzSvJHiD4XHQNLJ9RgUFiv28o1hlhE0cALr24DdZzLFGWexXaT1KZhA03ZseM_rG4bHW8Xu1UNH62BFJp83uDW00QTyBvMM81iMGyAa2ZFIUWeKW3FCccyrfa-k6i9suyLF_4JNpejNDtxuWWwpjQddb

It is illegal to throw a snowball intentionally at someone's head in Buffalo...

attachment-gettyimages-1230766409.jpg

Due to state laws, a fine of $25 can be issued for flirting in public on a Buffalo street...

attachment-gettyimages-1322172011.jpg

Spittoons are required by law in every Buffalo business...

attachment-gettyimages-142975014.jpg

No summer days in Buffalo have hit triple digit temperatures, as the highest local temperature ever recorded was 99 degrees on August 27, 1947...

attachment-gettyimages-1338898391.jpg

Let's hope the Jets are “hot” tonight against the Sabres! Go Jets Go! :hockey:

Thanks to: 10 Surprising Facts About Buffalo, New York, 19 Facts About Buffalo You Never Knew Were True, 57 Fun Facts You Might Not Know About Buffalo

As a life-long learner, I always enjoy Learnding With Mac.
Contrary to popular belief, you can teach an old dog new tricks.
The good thing is that you can teach him the same ones again tomorrow and he'll never know it. :laugh:

Another great GDT @macmaroon . Really appreciate your work. :thumbu:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad