GDT: Game #60 | St. Louis Blues vs. Montreal Canadiens

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
I'm fine with not catching Nashville and even playing Chicago. But IF this is the Blues we should come to expect then they are getting walked. Poor goaltending from both, forwards are in disarray, and th defense is bad. The worrying part is the the defense has been iffy all year. Granted they have never been healthy but it's been a constant in mediocrity.

Don't take this as a we need to blow it up or the sky is falling. This team dropping these home games in very bad fashion is a problem with the fundamentals of the team. I still feel they'll hit the ground running when it counts. It's going to be a rough bit here I guess

sbet1998

Feb 12, 2012
Think Im done giving Bouwmeester a pass. He does nothing to drive the offense and refuses to do anything other than throw the puck up the boards even when he has time to maybe look or stop, circle and find an outlet. Not all of the time, just most of it. All he does is stare at the ****ing ice with his head down.

Daley Tarasenkshow

Schennsational
Nov 7, 2012
St. Louis MO
Think Im done giving Bouwmeester a pass. He does nothing to drive the offense and refuses to do anything other than throw the puck up the boards even when he has time to maybe look or stop, circle and find an outlet. Not all of the time, just most of it. All he does is stare at the ****ing ice with his head down.

I just noticed today that he switched to wearing a visor, anyone know when that started? maybe thats why he's been off…lol.

Captain America*

Too bad he has a NMC.

The Note

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 13, 2011
KCMO
I got tickets for free to the game tonight, that was about the only positive for me. Poor game all around in this one. Maybe this 5 game road trip is coming at a good time for the team. Allow them to kind of hit a reset and simplify things on the road. I'd also go back to SOB, S(as in Schwartz)TL, as none of the flip flopping did much in my eyes.

sbet1998

Feb 12, 2012
It doesn't matter. The Blues are not catching Nashville this year.
Yeah, gave up on that about,.. well, tonight. Going out on the road with this defense? Think that dreams of the division are over with. NSH worked hard, good for them. They can crown themselves at this point. Not a Cup team, they remind me of the 2012 Blues just outworking everyone. When teams level up to them, its over.

Robb_K

Apr 26, 2007
NordHolandNethrlands

He's playing at 80%, and shouldn't be on the ice in games that count. You can see him hesitate to do many things he used to do because he can't get to a place on the ice, or is afraid of contact with a certain part of his body in the line of fire. For this season's playoffs, The Blues need to add a top 4 defenceman before the deadline. But, that might hurt them in the long run.

Fred Murtz

Jan 20, 2009
Brendan Gallagher wrist shot PPG 5-2

Brendan Gallagher 2 on 1 wrist shot goal 3-1

Last edited:

kagei

Apr 14, 2014
STL
Maybe I'm way off, but could have the SSS line of Stas Steen and Schwartz been Hitch giving Stas his choice of wings? Sort of like well lines aren't working well and today you can pick yours

LGB51

2019 STANLEY CUP CHAMPION ST. LOUIS BLUES!
Oct 9, 2013
Arcola, IL
Really glad I forgot The Blues had a game last night. Well there's 22 games left in the regular season, and this upgraded team still hasn't clicked or even played one game better than last years team. At this point it doesn't seem very likely they are gonna get their **** together. And though they will give it their all in the playoffs I don't see them magically gelling as a team when that is when they should be firing on all cylinders.

After having such high hopes, with acquiring most of this boards dream center in Stastny. (Remember all the "he's the perfect fit for our team" comments from last season.) Too now, when our 7 million dollar player, who we originally hoped would take Schwartz and Frank to new heights can't seem to find the game the team paid for with just about everybody on the roster. Well, not gonna lie. That's just a tad disheartening. At this point Paul is gonna have to be a scoring machine come playoff time, to justify the price tag. I just hope this is not all we're gonna get out of him for the duration of his contract.

They just don't play with a winners mentality or swagger like Chicago. You look at the Hawks, and even their scrubs have that way about their play. Just like any other sport having a championship mentality is all about playing smart, taking chances, and always being in the right position to give yourself the best chance to take advantage of scoring opportunities. This team rarely does any of those things this year, yet most of the Blues fans I know, still go on and on, and attribute just about every loss to the goal-tending, when our goal tending is good enough to get the main goal accomplished. It's the other 12 guys, that either aren't good enough, or are, but just don't play well enough, consistently enough to get a championship accomplished.

Chojin

Tiny Panger...
Apr 6, 2011
They just don't play with a winners mentality or swagger like Chicago. You look at the Hawks, and even their scrubs have that way about their play. Just like any other sport having a championship mentality is all about playing smart, taking chances, and always being in the right position to give yourself the best chance to take advantage of scoring opportunities. This team rarely does any of those things this year, yet most of the Blues fans I know, still go on and on, and attribute just about every loss to the goal-tending, when our goal tending is good enough to get the main goal accomplished. It's the other 12 guys, that either aren't good enough, or are, but just don't play well enough, consistently enough to get a championship accomplished.

Gee, I wonder why the Hawks play with a winning attitude... could it be their two Cups?

But seriously, the only way this team will ever get to that level is to have some success in the playoffs. It's honestly the root of all of our problems: see Stastny's comments about the team freaking out about losses and our recent history of choking in the playoffs after going up 2-0.

EastonBlues22

Nov 25, 2003
RIP Fugu ϶(°o°)ϵ
For all their "swagger", Chicago is 11-10-3 this calendar year with only 5 wins in regulation.

They are not playing consistently good hockey right now, and haven't been for awhile.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
For all their "swagger", Chicago is 11-10-3 this calendar year with only 5 wins in regulation.

They are not playing consistently good hockey right now, and haven't been for awhile.
And that's probably because they realize they can and it doesn't matter.

Funny how LA has all the sudden won like 8 in a row now. And people thought they wouldn't make it. :laugh:

These teams know the regular season is rather meaningless. They can pretty much dominate on command because when trying, they are the two best teams in hockey.

I am hoping most of the players deep down know that this little "slump" right now is meaningless. All about the playoffs.

EastonBlues22

Nov 25, 2003
RIP Fugu ϶(°o°)ϵ
And that's probably because they realize they can and it doesn't matter.

Funny how LA has all the sudden won like 8 in a row now. And people thought they wouldn't make it. :laugh:

These teams know the regular season is rather meaningless. They can pretty much dominate on command because when trying, they are the two best teams in hockey.

I am hoping most of the players deep down know that this little "slump" right now is meaningless. All about the playoffs.
For teams that can supposedly dominate on command, they sure don't seem to care to do that very often. Most of their fans aren't nearly as confident that their respective teams can "flip the switch" as some are here.

Kings are fairly healthy right now, and their play has improved, but they are far from playoff locks at the moment. Their chances sure look much better now than they did 8 games ago. Still a quarter of the season to go.

Losing Kane was a big blow for the Hawks. They might want to think twice about attempting to coast into the playoffs, if that's truly what they are doing.

RR10*

Didn't watch the game but saw the highlights. The defense is atrocious. They still keep skating backwards and let the forwards walk in and score. It worked against Galchenyuk and Gallagher I'm sure it will work in the first round against Toews, Kane and Hossa. Pietrangelo acts so smart when he backs up in the knees of Elliott.

Last edited by a moderator:

Captain Creampuff

Sep 10, 2012
Didn't watch the game but saw the highlights. The defense is atrocious. They still keep skating backwards and let the forwards walk in and score. It worked against Galchenyuk and Gallagher I'm sure it will work in the first round against Toews, Kane and Hossa. Pietrangelo acts so smart when he backs up in the knees of Elliott.

I mean, are you even trying anymore?

Last edited by a moderator:

anlongo13

Aug 6, 2014
Ottumwa, IA

Oh you didn't watch the game? By all means, let's all take your observations very seriously....

Your obsession with bringing Chicago players into every point you make is fascinating, by the way.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
For teams that can supposedly dominate on command, they sure don't seem to care to do that very often. Most of their fans aren't nearly as confident that their respective teams can "flip the switch" as some are here.

Kings are fairly healthy right now, and their play has improved, but they are far from playoff locks at the moment. Their chances sure look much better now than they did 8 games ago. Still a quarter of the season to go.

Losing Kane was a big blow for the Hawks. They might want to think twice about attempting to coast into the playoffs, if that's truly what they are doing.
Why should they care? They've each won two cups within the last 5 years. They are dominating when it matters (playoffs). They have let other teams (Canucks, Blues, Sharks, etc) finish at the top of the conference only to watch them fail. Their fans can be as non-confident as they want; their teams' track records speak for themselves.

The Kings are playoff locks no matter what math says. They aren't going to miss them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad