GDT: Game #60 | St. Louis Blues vs. Montreal Canadiens

Status
Not open for further replies.

SweetyV

Apr 27, 2014
So frustrating. Even with Halak/Elliott, it seems neither goalie can be consistent

Lakewood

Nov 17, 2013
Really sharp road game for the Habs. I'd just as soon tank not get empty netters and late goals in games like this. That can get expensive.

Robb_K

Apr 26, 2007
NordHolandNethrlands
Who'd have thought The Blues would lose 3 out of 4 at home? Now they face 11 out of the next 14 games on the road. Not looking good for catching The Preds.

Meatball

2018-19 Stanley Cup Champions! :3
Jul 1, 2014
St. Louis
Blues in energy preservation mode for sure. :sarcasm:

Long road trip coming up. :help:

Better stock up on Jack Daniels.

Stopsight

Oct 9, 2013
Hawaii
never fun losing to the habs, they are pretty clearly a worse roster than the blues top to bottom barring Price, but these things tend to work out in the long run.

elkranio

Jan 4, 2014
I've got mixed feelings.
If they are really preserving energy and just don't want to fire all cylinders at this moment of the season - I am perfectly fine with it. Yeah losing sucks, but if we go into the playoffs injury free and relatively fresh I'll be happy like Ranksu when Lehtera scores.

But if it is another first round exit™ with soft uninspired game... I'll probably be too frustrated to go into rage mode.

I dunno what to feel right now. I wonder if a bottle of liquor can help me figure it out. What? What do you say? You want me to kill my neighboors? I dunno, bottle, maybe it's too much?

StLHokie

May 27, 2014
North Carolina
Our zone entries have not been good in general lately. Ever since we've started becoming a more skill-based team, we've all but stopped the dump and chase style that teams were forced to respect a few years ago. With our guys trying to carry the puck into the opposing zone every possession, there is no reason for teams not to just clog the blueline with 4 guys across.

Everytime we try to enter the zone we have 2 guys standing on the blueline while the 3rd guy is the one carrying the puck. If you watch Chicago and LA play, you'll notice that every line chips and forechecks if the opposing team isnt giving them the clean entry. Right not only the fourth line, and very rarely SOB, chip and chase. The other lines are all too foten trying to force something that isn't there. Even Tarasenko isn't capable of walking by 2 or 3 guys on every zone entry.

kagei

Apr 14, 2014
STL
I've got mixed feelings.
If they are really preserving energy and just don't want to fire all cylinders at this moment of the season - I am perfectly fine with it. Yeah losing sucks, but if we go into the playoffs injury free and relatively fresh I'll be happy like Ranksu when Lehtera scores.

But if it is another first round exitâ„¢ with soft uninspired game... I'll probably be too frustrated to go into rage mode.

I dunno what to feel right now. I wonder if a bottle of liquor can help me figure it out. What? What do you say? You want me to kill my neighboors? I dunno, bottle, maybe it's too much?

Have mercy and just kill the bottle

KirkOut

EveryoneOut
Nov 23, 2012
USA
I've got mixed feelings.

But if it is another first round exitâ„¢ with soft uninspired game... I'll probably be too frustrated to go into rage mode.

do they have Jameson in Russia? That's my recommendation.

Hrkac Circus

Dec 11, 2014
Vienna, IL
This is the kind of game the Blues facebook page always seems to follow up with some cutesy promotional post like "Do you wanna spend Mardi Gras with the Blues?!". It makes me want to scream "No I want them to play some decent hockey!!"

Fred Murtz

Jan 20, 2009
Michael Bournival out of penalty box breakaway wrist shot goal 4-1

Last edited:

TheDizee

Trade Jordan Kyrou ASAP | ALWAYS RIGHT
Apr 5, 2014
This isn't preserving energy.....it's simply getting outplayed.

yep. anyone who thinks they are "conserving energy" is just looking for a easy way out. this entire month, the blues decided to play maybe 30 minutes a night. it was "working" for them because their goalies were winning them a few games (TB/BUF/ARI/FLA) but they were still being outplayed and usually outshot.

this homestand was a complete joke. outside of 1 good period vs a AHL goalie, they were outplayed in every period and it showed. 2 of a possible 8 points and they fall 9 points back of nashville.

sbet1998

Feb 12, 2012
Who'd have thought The Blues would lose 3 out of 4 at home? Now they face 11 out of the next 14 games on the road. Not looking good for catching The Preds.
Nope certainly not. The backend of this team is utterly pathetic. The transition game has gone to **** unless one of the forwards are back. Gunnarsson, Bouwmeester, Linbohm and to an extent Cole are so content to just throw the puck away up the boards that they dont even look for an outlet when they have the time most times. They are completely oblivious to any kind of a possession game. Most of the time it just ends up on the oppos sticks in the N zone and comes back in their zone in a heartbeat. Kills possession and drives momentum for the other team. Not too mention the stupid mistakes and ill-timed pinches that lead to odd-man after odd-man.

My faith is waining here. Cup dreams are starting to turn into just another first round loss.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad