it's zee best Canada in zee land.
Was thinking about this song today lol.

PitchDoug

Nov 27, 2011
Heard Hitch is going with:

Berglund - Backes - Oshie
Steen - Lehtera - Tarasenko
Schwartz - Stastny - Jaskin

Seems like the right time to mix it up and look for a spark, or better yet consistent play. We've seen BBO be successful. LGB

The Note

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 13, 2011
KCMO
I hope that the Blues can come out with a strong first period, and really just a good overall game. We're kinda in the dog days stretch of the season here, so a lull is to be expected, but it would be nice to see a strong win against a good team.

Oberyn

Prince of Dorne
Mar 27, 2011
If we can show up for at least half the game, then it's an improvement.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
I expect patches to abuse Allen again. Teams moral is killed before the 20min mark.

Now that the expectations are set....i can't be upset

High n Wide

Feb 24, 2015
St. Louis
I'll take a slump now instead of the playoffs - though I'd rather see us get back to playing a full 60 minute game again, though. Hopefully the Habs are a little thrown off with Sekac's trade or we just play our game and get a win either way. Side note: I don't see Hitch's new lines make it past the first period, regardless of how they perform.

Last edited:

Freyj

Oct 5, 2012
I'll take a slump now instead of the playoffs - though I'd rather see us get back to playing a full 60 minute game again. Hopefully the Habs are a little thrown off with Sekac's trade or we just play our game and get a win either way. Side note: I don't see Hitch's new lines make it past the first period, regardless of how they perform.

Until Nashville slumps, we can't afford to. I really think an easier first round would do wonders for this team's morale in the long run.

High n Wide

Feb 24, 2015
St. Louis
Until Nashville slumps, we can't afford to. I really think an easier first round would do wonders for this team's morale in the long run.

Agreed, although I think on some level I've accepted that we aren't going to overtake them this season. They're playing complete games and their compete level is at an all time high. I like our chances far more in the playoffs, but I think the regular season is theirs.

KirkOut

EveryoneOut
Nov 23, 2012
USA
having a slump now does not have any bearing on whether we have a slump in the playoffs

High n Wide

Feb 24, 2015
St. Louis
having a slump now does not have any bearing on whether we have a slump in the playoffs

No, but I would hope a combination of repeated early exits have lit some sort of fire in our core group, head coach, and GM (even if its just to keep their jobs) that I hope will give us another gear in playoffs. I don't see us doing much if anything at the trade deadline and I think on a certain level the core group knows that this is their make or break year.

Freyj

Oct 5, 2012

It's a points game.

A Chicago -> Nashville route is as absolutely brutal as getting out of the Central gets this year, especially if both are as the lower seed.

There's an argument to be made for LA -> Chicago, but we'd at least have the higher seed against LA and I don't see them as the krypton they once were against the Blues.

MissouriMook

Still just a Mook among men
Sponsor
Jul 4, 2014

If not for bad luck, this franchise would have no luck at all. I can guarantee you (well, almost) that if we find a way to push past Nashville, Minnesota will find a way to push past Chicago and we'll end up playing the Hawks in a 1-4 matchup anyway.

KirkOut

EveryoneOut
Nov 23, 2012
USA
It's a points game.

A Chicago -> Nashville route is as absolutely brutal as getting out of the Central gets this year, especially if both are as the lower seed.

There's an argument to be made for LA -> Chicago, but we'd at least have the higher seed against LA and I don't see them as the krypton they once were against the Blues.

Unless Nashville really blows it I don't think we will catch them. The most important thing now is to et HIA against Chicago.

Freyj

Oct 5, 2012
Unless Nashville really blows it I don't think we will catch them. The most important thing now is to et HIA against Chicago.

With ~22 games to go, catching Nashville should be an attainable goal. If around 10 games we're still 6+ points out, then I'd be inclined to agree. If we don't start playing consistently this week, tonight even, I'd be inclined to agree.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
Well this team is going to have to go through Chicago regardless if it's the first or second round. And then will likely have to go through one of Anaheim or LA after that.

I get trying to find an "easy" route, but the fact is that in this Western Conference it just doesn't really exist, so no point in getting hung up about it. We can't control whether Nashville wins or loses and right now they're barely losing so that's just life. Blues are going to have to buck up and beat the big boys.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
IF the stars align and the Blues take Central. It would be WC 1&2 will be held by both LA and CHI :laugh: seriously...like BlueDream said, there's no easy route.

I'd much rather them take Chicago again. Familiarity and they weren't far behind last year. I don't think the team would take anyone lightly. But they will have a huge chip on their shoulder against the chickenhawks.

Like the old saying goes...."walk in and knock the crap out of the biggest dude in the bar."

elkranio

Jan 4, 2014
Since there were no habs fans asking to beat them merciless because "we need changes blah-blah", we might actually win this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad