GDT: Game #60 | Oilers @ Wild | FSN | 7PM CT, 3AM FIN | STREAKING & SWEEPING [Mod-Post 45]

Status
Not open for further replies.

BusQuets

Jul 16, 2010
But boy did Oilers play some exciting hockey there. Those chips to the center ice were some of the best since Masters.

gphr513

Watch the world burn
Jan 14, 2014
Minneapolis, MN
part of me knew we would lose it. we already won 2/3 of the series. law of averages blah blah blah. at least we are still in 8th

Well, that's nice to see, I thought we'd drop out with a loss.

Still a point up on Calgary and SJ, with a game in hand on SJ. Down 4 on WPG, but still with 2 games in hand.

WILDTATE10

Jul 24, 2005
At least Dumba was a boss again tonight. Really showed his physical side tonight. I want Dumba55 on the 1st power play unit. Bomb of a shot and very creative

iLLogik87

Jan 5, 2015
Antarctica
Well, that's nice to see, I thought we'd drop out with a loss.

Still a point up on Calgary and SJ, with a game in hand on SJ. Down 4 on WPG, but still with 2 games in hand.

Yep, still in 8th. And we are 4 points back on Jets with 2 games in hand and we own the ROW tiebreaker I believe. #silverlining

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
Started the game with no killer instinct....same as the other night. Difference is, this time they couldn't work their way out of it. They started the game like they thought it'd be an easy 2 points. Yes, they woke up in the 2nd and 3rd, but where was that early on? Let 2 points slip away.

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
Started the game with no killer instinct....same as the other night. Difference is, this time they couldn't work their way out of it. They started the game like they thought it'd be an easy 2 points. Yes, they woke up in the 2nd and 3rd, but where was that early on? Let 2 points slip away.

Have to think this will wake 'em up and they'll come out flying in the first next game.. too bad Nashville is now 26-3-1 at home.

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
Have to think this will wake 'em up and they'll come out flying in the first next game.. too bad Nashville is now 26-3-1 at home.
Exactly. That's why THIS game was so damn important. Winning in Nashville is beyond difficult.

So frustrating.

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
So they're due for a loss? :yo:

Doubt it. :(

Winning one of these last 3 @ Nashville would be huge. Not just for the standings, but if we end up playing them in the playoffs, that would have to help our confidence.

Especially since our road record in the playoffs the last two years is 1-9.

BurnsyMN

Mar 27, 2014
St Paul
Knew this would be a trap game. Nashville is incredible at home and it's on National TV. Please don't get crushed

Nharris31

Aug 9, 2013
I don't think the wild are just going to roll over and not play the way they did tonight minus the first period just because of Nashvilles record at home.

Wild Caniac

@WildCaniac
Jan 23, 2013
NC
my thoughts in almost haiku form

god ****ing damn it

we lost to the ****ing oilers

yay for bergenheim

Tyrolean

Feb 1, 2004
my thoughts in almost haiku form

god ****ing damn it

we lost to the ****ing oilers

yay for bergenheim

Every team except Buffalo says that when they lose to the Oilers. They have beaten quite a few good teams lately IIRC.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Just one of those doomed games. We were the better team by far, but bounces didn't go our way. Parise was almost comical in that regard. Tried hard, but every thing he did seemed to go wrong. Coyle sucked. Pominville invisible.

The only thing that really bothered me( and this is an old song) was the PP. Pominville is such an inferior choice on the point compared to options such as Scandella, Dumba, maybe even Folin. It is absurd that we have such hard shots back there yet we don't use them.

DeuceMN

Really?
Oct 1, 2011
Chi-Town, Il
Well, we couldn't win the rest of the season.

I had a bad feeling about that game, too bad it turned out to be right.

Did it have to be to the ****ing Oilers though:facepalm:

And the cherry on top is that it was ****ing Poiliot of all players!

Ick...

That was a truly pathetic first period. I hope the guys remember that fire they lit under their own ***** for a while.

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
I never post pre-game.

I think I jinxed them with my predictions. sorry guys

The last two periods reminded me of the playoffs. Pure possession domination, yet can't find the back of the net. Lame

Here I was blaming Yeo for his lack of imagination and ability to adjust in game, when it was really you all along.:cry:

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
Obviously, not enough Finns on the team. Thank God Bergenstein is coming.

I thought Haula played one of his best games in a while, but he only gets 6.5 minutes TOI? Coyle was crap, and he gets 3x that?

When it comes to crunch time, is Yeo's only answer to stick Koivu, Pominville, Parise, Suter on the ice?

Is I'll also say this. With Cooke, Carter, and to a lesser extent Zucker out, our physical play up front is next to non existent. We become easier to play against.

Last edited:

Paul Bunyan

Jul 5, 2012
Land of Ice and Snow
www.flickr.com
Knew this would be a trap game. Nashville is incredible at home and it's on National TV. Please don't get crushed

I thought Carolina was going to be the bigger trap, and of course I was wrong.

ONCE a friend backed out the night before I she gave me her ticket to this one I knew they were going to blow it.

Most disappointing game of the season for me live, even worse than the LA drubbing.

I think the highlight was them playing Finnish rap in the warm up. :yo:

youvegotit

Dec 10, 2011
Obviously, not enough Finns on the team. Thank God Bergenstein is coming.

I thought Haula played one of his best games in a while, but he only gets 6.5 minutes TOI? Coyle was crap, and he gets 3x that?

When it comes to crunch time, is Yeo's only answer to stick Koivu, Pominville, Parise, Suter on the ice?

Is I'll also say this. With Cooke, Carter, and to a lesser extent Zucker out, our physical play up front is next to non existent. We become easier to play against.

Really? He was directly responsible for the 2nd goal... He looks lost in the defensive zone and the one break he gets each game doesn't make up for the rest of his play. Going to be rather embarrassing for Haula to get pulled out of the lineup instead of Veilleux when Bergenheim gets here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad