GDT: Game #60 | Oilers @ Wild | FSN | 7PM CT, 3AM FIN | STREAKING & SWEEPING [Mod-Post 45]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sharppi

4 more years of Dub.
Jul 15, 2011
Finland
My GDT's are streaking! Wild is streaking! I'm not gonna be streaking!

:edmonton (17-34-10) at :wild (31-21-7)

TV: SNOL, FS-N, FS-WI

Season series: Justin Fontaine and Nino Niederreiter each have scored two goals as the Minnesota Wild defeated the Edmonton Oilers twice in the past month, each time at Rexall Place.

Oilers team scope: Edmonton skated at home Monday before departing for the Twin Cities. Forward Nail Yakupov left practice early with an ailment and did not return. Coach Todd Nelson said Yakupov tweaked something in Edmonton's game against the Anaheim Ducks on Sunday, and leaving practice was a precaution. He will be on the trip, but his status could be something to keep an eye on. The Oilers got some good news on the injury front as defenseman Jeff Petry is ready to return to the lineup. Petry has missed the past two games with bruised ribs.

Wild team scope: Minnesota had good attendance at an optional practice Monday, with all but six players hitting the ice for work. One of those six was defenseman Jared Spurgeon, who missed his second game Sunday in a 6-2 win against the Dallas Stars. Spurgeon has an upper-body injury after being hit in the chin with a puck last week in Calgary, and despite him feeling better Wild coach Mike Yeo said he will not play against the Oilers. Yeo hasn't ruled out Spurgeon for the two-game road trip to play the Nashville Predators and Colorado Avalanche this weekend. Goaltender Devan Dubnyk will get the start, looking for his sixth victory this season against his former team. He started each game against the Oilers for Minnesota and three others when he was with the Arizona Coyotes, accumulating a 5-0-0 record and allowing four goals total in that span. The Wild are 20-2-1 in the past 23 games against Edmonton at Xcel Energy Center.

2mCia3r.jpg

:wild Lines:
Vertical-parallel-lines.jpg

:edmonton Lines:
Lines.png

Go get 'em! Season sweep for us on the line tonight.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
I laughed way harder than I should have at the lines. I then tried to explain the hilarity to my girlfriend and she shook her head at me :laugh:

gphr513

Watch the world burn
Jan 14, 2014
Minneapolis, MN
Another workmanlike performance would be nice. I predicted 3-0.

But maybe we should let them score to at least give them SOMETHING to cheer for ;)

Wasted Talent

Sponsor
Aug 9, 2011
No wonder we've been doing so well against Oilers, they are playing four less lines than us.

Nharris31

Aug 9, 2013
We haven't been good against the oilers at home when we're in playoff push at home.(couple years ago lost really bad had to win in Colorado last year lost in a shootout.) Hopefully that changes today.

Last edited:

Sharppi

4 more years of Dub.
Jul 15, 2011
Finland
We haven't been good against the oilers at home when we're in playoff push at home.(couple years ago lost really bad at to win in Colorado last year lost in a shootout.) Hopefully that changes today.

Sure hoping for that again, got some money riding on this.

Sep 8, 2013
Toronto Nebula
Dubnyk's record against the Oilers this year: 5 GP, 5 W, 0.970 SV% and 4 goals total allowed in those 5 games.

jedisports

Jul 4, 2012
Thanks for the thread! :)

:laugh: The lines.

My only concern is that our team is a bit too overconfident, playing at home and, well, playing the Oilers.

Have to approach the game like any other one... you can't win unless you play hard and produce.

Let's do this!

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
Playing Edmonton is such a snooze fest. They have to have the most uninteresting team in all of hockey. I mean seriously, does anyone get excited about watching RNH or Benny Pouliot? I certainly don't. The only interesting thing about the Oilers is why Kevin Lowe and Craig McTavish are still employed. I just can't figure that one out.

Just get the two points and move on.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Thanks for the thread! :)

:laugh: The lines.

My only concern is that our team is a bit too overconfident, playing at home and, well, playing the Oilers.

Have to approach the game like any other one... you can't win unless you play hard and produce.

Let's do this!

I'm hoping that after the third period against the Stars, they realize they can and should dominate lesser teams like that. Don't need the stress that these 1-0 wins cause me in my life.

Spurgeon

Nov 25, 2014
MinneSNOWta
Man, those Oilers fans sure are adamant about us being a boring team.

Your team got shutout last game and you put up 15 shots. Pot meet kettle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad