Post-Game Talk: GAME 60 If you went to bed early - too bad - BRUINS 6 San Jose 5 F/OT

LavioletteScores

Nov 20, 2011
ugly ugly win, but there's no such thing as style points.

getting the California Sweep is huge both in the actual standings and for the team's confidence.

sometimes winning ugly games where it seems like everything goes wrong is the best thing for a team mentally

I kind of expected a crazy game, too, with it being 3rd in 4 nights. That they kept plugging along in a game that was basically an extended powerplay, and took advantage of the breaks, is a very positive thing.

Plus, DeBrusk's goal....holy moly, just a cheeky lob into the top corner right there.

LavioletteScores

Nov 20, 2011
If I had a dime for every game the Bruins were screwed over the years I would be still counting how rich I am.

Boo F*** Hoo

giphy.gif

Krupp

Apr 6, 2012
Seems like Wagner knocked teh puck down, in the replay, onto the ice...

And THEN he tapped it in. Does that count as a high sticking? I'm legit asking, but it seems like that should count regardless.

Sucks for Sharks fans, but it's not like Boston hasn't been jobbed for who knows how many goals this year. I've honestly lost count of the disallowed goals

mikelvl

Aug 6, 2009
Newton, MA
Turned on 98.5 this morning and was pleasantly surprised to see them actually talking about the game last night (unlike EEI and their non-stop Kaepernick talk). But then I heard Rich say that they finally held onto a lead and got the win....guess who didn't stay to watch the game......apparently we ask for too much. SMH

Reactions: Strafer

4ORRBRUIN

Sep 27, 2005
boston
Turned on 98.5 this morning and was pleasantly surprised to see them actually talking about the game last night (unlike EEI and their non-stop Kaepernick talk). But then I heard Rich say that they finally held onto a lead and got the win....guess who didn't stay to watch the game......apparently we ask for too much. SMH

It would be long before sports radio will be a thing of the past. Why anyone lends their ears to these idiots on the radio is mind boggling to me.

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
Lost in all the hoopla over the reffing and the river of tears from Sharks fans is that amazing rush up the ice by DeBrusk in OT that resulted in the GW. Both he and McAvoy have a flair for the dramatic.

HockeyMomx2

Extra Medium Water, Hold The Pickles
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2008
The Most Beautiful Place In The World
I went from falling asleep on the couch with about 7 minutes or so to go to watching from bed almost asleep to sitting up and being wide awake in bed. What a roller coaster ride that game was. Holy bleep. Can't believe they've actually grabbed all 6 available points so far on this trip.

Reactions: Fenway

Rubber Biscuit

Sep 9, 2010
Long Island
Maybe it happened too quick and the ref didnt get a chance to blow the whistle and then decided to let it stand as a makeup for earlier in the game. Maybe the ref didnt see the high stick. Maybe the ref felt it was under the crossbar from his angle. Maybe the ref felt calling it at that point in the game would rob a team of a point and didnt want to be the deciding factor in a close game down the stretch.....

I think the ref had trouble determining if it was played with a high stick. Since Wagner tapped the puck in off the ice after he knocked it down, the high stick level is shoulder, not cross bar. And since that possible high stick didn’t score, it isn’t reviewable.

HHHH

Feb 15, 2010
I thought it would be a good idea to fall asleep listening to the game with headphones...I was wrong, and was wired for most of the night but what a win for the B's!!

Reactions: HockeyMomx2

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011

And THEN he tapped it in. Does that count as a high sticking? I'm legit asking, but it seems like that should count regardless.

Sucks for Sharks fans, but it's not like Boston hasn't been jobbed for who knows how many goals this year. I've honestly lost count of the disallowed goals

Any high stick that is recovered by the team that committed the high stick results in a stop of the game. However, the refs didn't whistle the play dead and the shot that put the puck in was legal, and therefore the goal cannot be reviewed. Just a cluster of bad reffing and inadequate rules.

Reactions: lopey

JoeIsAStud

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
HOw did they allow that wagner goal?

How did they not allow the first Wagner goal??? Toronto supposedly had access to the feed that showed the puck clearly across the line. We saw that image.

In terms of the 2nd Wagner goal. From the angles we have seen it is unclear at exactly what point his stick made contact with puck. Most likely it was well above the shoulder, but the puck is obscured by the stick at that point. The first time it was clearly visible that contact was made, the stick was below the shoulder.

Reactions: missingchicklet

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
I fell asleep at the start of the 2nd and I watched the replay. Good thing I wasn't here because I'd be going off on the refs. Since we won I'll just say once again that something has to be done about that problem.

I'm glad we won and the highlights made the game seem very exciting aside from another blown lead.

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
This remains my biggest issue with these two and I'm not sure anything can be done at this point. They are who they are.

Perhaps nothing can be done at this point but FFS is it really to hard to figure out that you can't have both of them in the line-up when your playing the bigger teams. Meanwhile Moore is sitting, f***ing ridiculous choices here.

GoBs

Nov 21, 2009
USA
This remains my biggest issue with these two and I'm not sure anything can be done at this point. They are who they are.
After the Bruins were bounced by the Lightning Sweeney mentioned the lightning targeted the left side of Krug and Gryz. So he goes out and gets Moore who was brought in to play that left side. But now he is sitting weather you agree with that or not but you sign a guy and then sit him doesn’t make sense. Don’t trade Krug

HockeyMomx2

Extra Medium Water, Hold The Pickles
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2008
The Most Beautiful Place In The World

Yes, should have been called dead when he was first to touch it after he high sticked it. Missed call. Like the five bazillion others they missed.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston

It looks like Jones actually makes an attempted save on the initial high stick and then it bounces off him and Wagner puts in the rebound which is a good goal since it touched the opposing goalie first.

I could be wrong but that's how I interpreted Jaffe's explanation post game

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
After the Bruins were bounced by the Lightning Sweeney mentioned the lightning targeted the left side of Krug and Gryz. So he goes out and gets Moore who was brought in to play that left side. But now he is sitting weather you agree with that or not but you sign a guy and then sit him doesn’t make sense. Don’t trade Krug

The game wasn't tight like it was because Krug and Grizz were getting pushed around, it's because the Bruins were not executing breakout passes, mishandling the puck, not getting through the neutral zone clean and when they did, one and done in the o-zone. The crappy overall play had little to do with the size of Grizz and Krug. FWIW I agree Moore should be playing, just not in place of either of those guys, though of the two smaller guys, Krug is the far bigger defensive liability.

OV

Obstructed View
Sep 23, 2003
Niagara Falls

I think one of them needs to be out of the mix. Personally I'd love to see a hockey trade
involving the one that has the grand canyon sized defensive lapses on a regular basis.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad