Post-Game Talk: GAME 60 If you went to bed early - too bad - BRUINS 6 San Jose 5 F/OT

Emerz

#1 PLD Fanboy
Jun 5, 2013
Nova Scotia
Leafs are a bit upset that their super team of soon to be 3 10.5M+ players still isn't as good as the Bruins are, it's okay I get it I'd be sad too. Hearing constantly from the media how amazing the season is going to be and oops, you can't even get home ice lol.

Reactions: gillesgilbert

Chief Nine

May 31, 2015
I thought about that, but I don't even want civil Leafs fans here tbh. I could not possibly care less about what they think of our team

I agree and they couldn't care what we think about their team on their board. I don't understand why anyone with half a brain would go to any team's board and post crap like that. (I think I just answered my own question)

Anyway, the mods swept those insightful posts out with the garbage so it's all good

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
Is Toronto really that freaked out by Boston that they have to make a thread on the main board about a game the majority of them didn't watch?

Good lord.

For the record, I loved it when Z punched Pavelski in the face

Otherworld

Oct 26, 2016
Just a barn burner of a game. The Refs were a complete mess !!!

The hockey Gods were watching this one for sure !!!

When I saw Kane shoot the puck into the net in OT I knew that would bite him and after McAvoy battled him in the corner Kane goes for a change and MAC blasts it home !

mikelvl

Aug 6, 2009
Newton, MA
We can hate sports radio for a lot of things, but the Morning shows start at 6:00 am. Can't really expect them to stay up past midnight. Midday and Afternoon shows are a different story.

Agreed, but at least know the score, and that they won in overtime. Should have said I don't necessarily expect them to watch the late game.

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
Two more pages since I last checked the main board thread, so it looks like the Leafs garbage got swept out of here and landed there.

Sevendust

Jan 11, 2010
Munich, Germany
Bruins goal (bad call but some people are saying it was in off the high stick)

D5ZYoVW.jpg

Clearly no goal:sarcasm:

Zillah

Bleed Black and Gold
Apr 4, 2011
West Kelowna B.C.
Sportsnet Hockey Central spent five minutes talking about the bad officiating in the game, went on and on about the high stick goal and a little bit about the net been off when San Jose scored but nothing at all about the no goal or the weird penalty shot ... no surprise

JCRO

At least I'm safe inside my mind
Sponsor
Mar 8, 2011
H8rs gon' h8.

One more late game for the boys then it's back to the norm. So happy. Didn't even make it to puck drop last night.

They also get some rest even if they remain on the road. They're playing tomorrow then don't play again till Saturday.

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
Sportsnet Hockey Central spent five minutes talking about the bad officiating in the game, went on and on about the high stick goal and a little bit about the net been off when San Jose scored but nothing at all about the no goal or the weird penalty shot ... no surprise

I saw that.Super great though watching Leafs Nation panicking.Blues will beat them tonite wait and see.lol

Reactions: Zillah

Glove Malfunction

Ference is my binky
Jan 1, 2009
Pleasantly warm, AZ
HOw did they allow that wagner goal?
It's easy Lou, Wagner played the puck to the ice with a stick not above his shoulders (looks pretty close to AT, but NOT ABOVE), which is legal, then he shot the legally played puck into the net. Had it gone directly in, the height reference changes from his shoulders to the crossbar, at which point it would have been no goal. At first I thought it was a bad call in the Bruins favor. But now I actually think they got it right in real time.

Glove Malfunction

Ference is my binky
Jan 1, 2009
Pleasantly warm, AZ
That was one of the worst ref games in the history of hockey. So many mistakes and I feel bad for the Sharks. They were jobbed. Happy the Bs won but if the shoe was on the other foot I wouldn’t have slept at all.

High stick was bad enough, but not to fix the net when the play went down the other end is incompetent. He saw and ignored it.

Disgraceful

But again glad the Bs won they never gave up but the refs handed them the game at the end.
Not incompetent at all. A ref is not going to ignore play to get a net fixed when it requires him resetting the plastic net holders, which is what happened. If you can slide it back on, you do, but if you can't then you don't. Since Kane was the reason the net came off, he waited until the Sharks had possession, then blew play dead. he did this one exactly right.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad