GDT: Game 60: Habs @ Avs | Wednesday, February 17th, 6pm MT | Toujours en vie

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Bodnarchuk/Redmond/Guenin/Gormley make me wish Brad Stuart's back wasn't made of wicker.

This times a million. Bigras-Stuart on the bottom pairing would probably be decent and Stuart would be a good mentor for Bigras on the bench. Any combination of the crap next to Bigras really just makes that pairing useless.

burnstick

Jan 7, 2015
Bodnarchuk is also absolutely terrible. Afraid of getting hit, cannot move the puck, too small to be effective in his own end. He brings nothing. He also is really not that great a skater. Zadorov, for a big guy, can move pretty well, and his size and length allows him to cover more area.

I doubt Zadorov is called up, but he's definitely the next best option available. The Avs just want him playing more in the AHL.

Crazy thing that the coaches are playing Bodnarchuk.

And even worse that the scouting staff picked him up.
They must be pretty uneducated in the game or not watching his play as intently as some that know the game at a different level.

The Mars Volchenkov

Mar 31, 2002
Colorado

They must be pretty uneducated in the game or not watching his play as intently as some that know the game at a different level.
I sense the sarcasm and smart ass remark, and it's not surprising, considering 90% of yours posts lately have been about defending Bodnarchuk as a "veteran". Looking back it seems almost all your posts are on Bodnarchuk, back to his days in in Manchester last year.

This is the same coaching staff that has played Nate Guenin for 2.5 years, so yes, they can make mistakes.

The guy is not a good NHL defenseman. It's not hard to see.

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008

Good day to you, Papa NewBalls.

Avs44

May 16, 2011

Honest question: are you a family member / personal friend of Bodnarchuk? All of your 100+ posts have been related to Bodnarchuk, spread across multiple boards. It seems you switch to the team board of the team that Bodnarchuk plays on then promptly forget about the other team. There is no way you're just some casual fan...you clearly have a reason to cheer for Bodnarchuk. There is no way you're just some random fan who happened to take a liking to Bodnarchuk of all players and now follows him, and solely him, around.

Avs71

Aug 12, 2008
What was Giguere's superfan name again? Can't believe I can't remember this.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
I really believe when they say they aren't bringing Rantanen up though, only chance we seem him in an Avs uniform I think is if we're in the playoffs and the AHL season has ended.

I think Everberg or Rendulic should be given a shot, Everberg looked much better last year than Martinsen this year, and he's appeared to be playing well down in the AHL.

Comparatively this season I think Rendulic was playing harder than Everberg at the beginning of the year, Everberg has a higher base skill level, but I think Rendulic has a half extra gear, I'd be fine seeing either one in the lineup.

No, no, no.

Iceberg

May 4, 2002
Can someone make a gif of The Bod falling on his ass after "hiting" a Montreal player last night?

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
Hopefully a comeback win will help build confidence but both Avs and Habs were extremely sloppy in this game. They struggled to have any kind of meaningful possession in the offensive zone beyond a few cycling shifts.

I am happy Avs have a lighter schedule than most teams. They look mentally out of it and could use more rest. They don't pick up the right guy in coverage. They fail with simple passes. There is a lot of brain cramping when forechecked.

Hopefully Wild didn't suck because they were trying to get the coach fired and now will play hard.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
The whole media's "benching" of PK is kinda funny when there was only 2 minutes left in the game.

I think there is history of Therrien singling out Subban in the past and combined with the team free falling for almost three months I would expect everything the coach does to be scrutinized.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
It isn't like PK had a bad play that lead to the game winning goal or anything. There are plenty of reasons of Habs fans to hate on Therrian for... IMO, this one is grasping at straws. PK was bad last night and made a bad play that lost them the game... coaches react to those things.

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
I'd be pissed at Subban too, he made a selfish play that cost the team at least a point. I wish Roy would bench Barrie occasionally when he tries to Bobby Orr it and immediately turns it over.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
I'd be pissed at Subban too, he made a selfish play that cost the team at least a point. I wish Roy would bench Barrie occasionally when he tries to Bobby Orr it and immediately turns it over.

I don't really mind Barrie gambling a bit with the puck in the offensive zone.

It's when he's not skating hard with or to the puck in the defensive zone and lose it that it bothers me. Barrie that doesn't play hard defensively is a pushover. I wouldn't mind him sitting a shift when he doesn't play as he should in the defensive zone. Holden is absolutely terrible against a forecheck and Barrie getting to pucks and moving it out is the only saving grace there. When he doesn't do it, they're under siege.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Maybe they should also be upset at their Captain for doing literally nothing on that backcheck.

I love how badly they've turned on MaxPac this year. From the best contract in the NHL to a bum they all can't wait to be rid of.

That goal was on the great defensively play by Greg and horrific backchecking by MaxPac and co., nothing wrong with Subban's move in the offensive zone.

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008
I love how badly they've turned on MaxPac this year. From the best contract in the NHL to a bum they all can't wait to be rid of.

What players make up the 2015-16 version of Ryder, Halak, and a 2nd?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad