GDT: Game 60: Habs @ Avs | Wednesday, February 17th, 6pm MT | Toujours en vie

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
Lol PK gets the heat but damn patches looking like Yakupov on the GWG. It was a 3 on 3 that turned into a 3 on 0 basically. De la rose and scrivens totally bit on grig and lucky iginla there for the tapparoo

freeboy

Feb 27, 2012
Sunny Colorado
I'm not talking about skills per say.

But Everberg when he plays bad he brings more to the table than Rendulic can when he doesn't have a good game.

I'd classify Rendulic as a top 6 AHL player with okay upside, while I'd consider Everberg a fringe NHL player with lower upside.

b4 the leg break last year he did look good.. fast soft hands... perfect prom date.. ur nhl forward
lol

flyfysher

Mar 21, 2012
I was at the game last night. My eyesight isn't as good as it used to be but I thought it was Bigras that did not have a very good game. Don't get me wrong as Bigras has played exceptionally well for a rookie. But it was a reminder that there will be growing pains.

Grigorenko is coming along nicely. I was thrilled that he was included as part of the trade.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Subban could have made the safe play by dumping it in but I didn't think the play was even that high risk. Therrien just decided he wanted to throw some gas on the fire by sitting him and then again with the comments after the game.

Maybe he should have sat his captain too at the end of the game.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
I think PK has taken some unfair heat from Therrien in the past, but if I'm the Habs coaching staff or mgmt, I'm concerned at PK's insistence that they deserved better, and what he'd do differently on the play is not lose an edge. Tie game late, he can't be so aggressive on that play and risk a turnover.

I think there's a pretty good chance there's still a 2 on 1 with Duchene and Iggy even if he doesn't lose an edge. Duchene kind of took the puck wide on the play to let Grigo and Iggy draw the other guys down low.

If PK stays on his feet Grigo probably rides him into the boards, and lets Duchene grab the puck and either take it 1 on 1 or he gets a 2 on 1 with Iggy.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
It's TWO minutes and he obviously was out the previous shift. Yeah I get you want him out there with the goalie pulled but still it's a stretch. I just still wouldn't use the term benched. And that happens here too where all of our best don't see the ice the entire last two minutes of a game.

And it was two minutes of him not seeing the ice. It's not a stretch whatsoever, give him a 30-second rest, take your timeout, and make sure the best player on your team is on the ice to try tying the game. It was poor coaching and a poor time to send that message.

I think PK has taken some unfair heat from Therrien in the past, but if I'm the Habs coaching staff or mgmt, I'm concerned at PK's insistence that they deserved better, and what he'd do differently on the play is not lose an edge. Tie game late, he can't be so aggressive on that play and risk a turnover.

I think there's a pretty good chance there's still a 2 on 1 with Duchene and Iggy even if he doesn't lose an edge. Duchene kind of took the puck wide on the play to let Grigo and Iggy draw the other guys down low.

If PK stays on his feet Grigo probably rides him into the boards, and lets Duchene grab the puck and either take it 1 on 1 or he gets a 2 on 1 with Iggy.

P.K. makes that play 9 times out of 10. He does it all the time. If he could do it over again, I'm sure he'd try the exact same play.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
P.K. makes that play 9 times out of 10. He does it all the time. If he could do it over again, I'm sure he'd try the exact same play.

It doesn't matter. You're two minutes away from earning at least a point. A much needed point just to stop the bleeding. Make that play when you're down a goal, make that play earlier in the game when it's tied, make that play in OT. That's the game management Roy has preached since he took over.

IMO PK didn't pull that move off because he and the rest of the Habs looked like they lost their legs a bit in the 3rd. He wasn't as explosive as he usually can be. He should have known that, known the score, known the time, and just got the puck deep when he saw Grigo checking him that closely.

He turned the puck over before he blew the tire, but he's blaming the blown tire for the turnover. That's the concerning part if I'm with the Habs. Just own up to it, and say you made a mistake. No big deal. I say that as someone who likes PK a lot.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
PK had to do what he had to do to help the tank because he knows there's no other way Bergevin's gunna fix that team.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
PK had to do what he had to do to help the tank because he knows there's no other way Bergevin's gunna fix that team.

Oooh I like it. All part of a masterplan to get rid of Therrien, because he knew he'd go after him again, and that it would blow up and force the GM's hand, knowing he had to side with PK. That evil genius. :devdance:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad