GDT: Game 60: Columbus vs. Montreal | 2/26 7PM EST

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
MoeBartoli;98081639[B said:
]I was at the game tonight and can only say it was horrible. I've not seen many games with less energy. [/B]Only Dano provided any spark. The most exciting play of the night was the no goal by Tropp. Those Who had tickets for the empty seats were the smartest and no doubt happiest group of people

Speaking of Dano I know everyone goes gaga over Wennberg and maybe he will blossom into an outstanding player. But right now Dano is far more productive.

Agree on both points.

If it weren't for the fact that #51 on Montreal (David Desharnais) was a former Cincinnati Cyclones player whom I root for, it would have been a completely wasted trip.

Can only think that the reality of the season has set in. Add in a poor effort by Mcilhenny and the depressing news of Clarkson coming to the team and it's no wonder the team was lifeless.

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
Thankfully the ticket I had last night was free and the seats were awesome because the product on the ice was a complete mess.

-Came out super slow, no energy

-Dano impresses me, one of the few who really skated hard each shift last night

-Per usual we have some really decent looks but, for whatever reason cannot put the puck in the back of the net

-This one falls on TR, I know I'll get bashed for this (please see: I could care less) but, you would think after Tuesday's stinker we would have came out hard or at least prepared.. we did neither - and while the players have to execute it, it is the coaching staff's job to make sure it happens.

Dr. Fire

What, me worry?
Jun 29, 2007
Jacketstown, Ohio
Agree that Dano and Tropp were the best looking on the ice, but I would throw Matty C in there too.

Thought the Habs 2nd and 3rd goals were soft, and should have been stopped by CMac. So as bad as the boys played they still could have been in this game.

Wiz was horrible. For what ever reason, our D corps has become a turn-over machine. Except maybe Tutes.

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
Agree that Dano and Tropp were the best looking on the ice, but I would throw Matty C in there too.

Thought the Habs 2nd and 3rd goals were soft, and should have been stopped by CMac. So as bad as the boys played they still could have been in this game.

Wiz was horrible. For what ever reason, our D corps has become a turn-over machine. Except maybe Tutes.

I didn't think Wiz was that bad. Made several good stops in the zone I was sitting in last night.

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
Agree on both points.

If it weren't for the fact that #51 on Montreal (David Desharnais) was a former Cincinnati Cyclones player whom I root for, it would have been a completely wasted trip.

Can only think that the reality of the season has set in. Add in a poor effort by Mcilhenny and the depressing news of Clarkson coming to the team and it's no wonder the team was lifeless.

Have to ask. I rode up the escalator going in with with a guy who was telling me he was following Desharnais based on watching him with the Cyclones. Any chance that was you?

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
Have to ask. I rode up the escalator going in with with a guy who was telling me he was following Desharnais based on watching him with the Cyclones. Any chance that was you?

It was:laugh:

Hope I didn't bore you to tears with my explanation. Nice meeting you!

thebus2288*

.39 moves it up to 1.6 in across the blueline, he drops it back to .83..... .83 down low to 1.6, 1.6 up to .74, shot! GOAL! .39 mighta got a stick on it...

Ottawa Per 60's: 2 Biss/Dellow Corsi For's: 1

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
I think there is an inside joke there that makes me think Cyclones is an accountant or actuary. :)

I have no clue (although i don't think he's a slick salesman type) but someone, ca5150 or thebus maybe, was always saying something to the effect of "stop using decimals". His posts have a lot of Corsi advanced stats (about.675401 times per post:laugh:) so I was just playing off that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad