GDT: Game 60: Columbus vs. Montreal | 2/26 7PM EST

ScreamingWild

Jobu Mojo
Oct 4, 2006
Ontario
To me, our team now plays soft more often than not. I believe that the often quoted mantra "hard to play against" is quite a stretch. I miss that cocky, strutting instead of walking, in-your-face, take no prisoners team that we had for a brief, shining period in time. I want to see opposing players worn down, torn down, literally smeared on the walls, battered, bleeding (hey, it's hockey), crying for their mommies and feeling the effects for days. In my opinion, Dubinsky is the only player on this team that will simply extract every ounce of energy from an opposing player by any means possible.

Feeling, tonight, very disheartened by not only the season but by the seeming lack of "kick ass until there are no more ***** to be kicked" attitude by 99% of our team.

nathanpieraut

Feb 26, 2015
your team guys is playing well, but like the majority of our wins this season: we have Carey, you dont have Carey that all

thebus2288*

Theres no way thats a goal, you cant pop it off the top of the net and then knock it in. Nice play, but its not a goal

That's not true. I missed what happened and just saw the replay on sportsnet. I'd have to see it in "real time" again but if he would've hit the puck under the crossbar it could've been a legal goal. I'm not sure exactly if the whistle was blown before he hit it but "intent to blow" the whistle doesn't come into play here. The puck just has to be taken of the net "quick enough" for the ref to allow play to continue. Its not an automatic whistle or illegal to knock the puck off the back of the net.

They mentioned it a couple times before intermission, then the lead up, then Corey Tropp..?? Couldn't believe it.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
To me, our team now plays soft more often than not. I believe that the often quoted mantra "hard to play against" is quite a stretch. I miss that cocky, strutting instead of walking, in-your-face, take no prisoners team that we had for a brief, shining period in time. I want to see opposing players worn down, torn down, literally smeared on the walls, battered, bleeding (hey, it's hockey), crying for their mommies and feeling the effects for days. In my opinion, Dubinsky is the only player on this team that will simply extract every ounce of energy from an opposing player by any means possible.

Feeling, tonight, very disheartened by not only the season but by the seeming lack of "kick ass until there are no more ***** to be kicked" attitude by 99% of our team.

There's nothing new about this. We haven't been a (literally) bruising team since last year. Elliotte Friedman mentioned that other teams last year were bruised and battered after just about every game against us. This year we haven't played like that. I assume it's injury related.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
your team guys is playing well, but like the majority of our wins this season: we have Carey, you dont have Carey that all

Pretty much.

And it's not like "we aren't getting the bounces." We are getting the bounces! There have been a few weird pucks in on Price that he is making saves on and making it look easy.

NotWendell

Has also never won the lottery.
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
stripes99.jpg

... and THEN, depression set in.

aRussian

Oct 21, 2007
Ohio
Having a hard time watching game while reading through all the Horton trade stuff but man, Dano really looking good this call up

ScreamingWild

Jobu Mojo
Oct 4, 2006
Ontario
There's nothing new about this. We haven't been a (literally) bruising team since last year. Elliotte Friedman mentioned that other teams last year were bruised and battered after just about every game against us. This year we haven't played like that. I assume it's injury related.

I know it's not new, it's just overpowering, like bad cologne.

I want a team with an attitude of "Do NOT **** with us."

*sigh* (Until this season, Montreal was one of the only (only?) teams against which the Jackets had a winning record.)

LooseCannon

Mar 29, 2014
Columbus
I really like Dano. That's a guy who wants to be in there!

Trade JJ pleaaaasssse!! Or at least take that A off his chest...

Last edited:

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
The Gong Show continues. I'm not unhappy we are losing but yikes the way we are.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad