Bobrovsky, Connauton, Horton, Jenner, Morin, Murray, Prout, Skille​

Cash for Nash

May 13, 2012
I sense a slaughter is going to take place tonight. Hope I'm wrong

Montreal is really good

Columbus is really bad

Columbus really sucks at home

So...

CBJ win 4-2. Wiz with two PP goals. Fans then still devalue him on HF trade proposals:cry:

MrKelso

Feb 26, 2015
Grove City
If the CBJ can manage to score first I see a 3-2 home victory.

Fall behind and chase the game like they seem to love doing, it's a 4-2 loss again on home ice.

Curtis being in net helps, Forsberg was AWFUL early on against Buffalo this past Tuesday night.

Get a win tonight. Get Bob back on Saturday. Maybe start a big point streak?!

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005

What would Bob have to do with that? Curtis has been good in his absence. Hes' 5-2-1 with a 2.11 GAA with a .937 SPCT in Feb. Even Bob isn't going to have much better stats.

At any rate, we haven't been playing well on home ice. We're just kind of treading water right now. There is almost no chance of playoff spot, might has well not worry about results and just try and enjoy the team as we might be missing 2 or 3 players in a few days.

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
If the CBJ can manage to score first I see a 3-2 home victory.

Fall behind and chase the game like they seem to love doing, it's a 4-2 loss again on home ice.

Curtis being in net helps, Forsberg was AWFUL early on against Buffalo this past Tuesday night.

Please no...its time to face reality.

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005
Please no...its time to face reality.

Reality is what happens on the ice and how that relates to the standings. What you seem to be suggesting is that the players give up as we don't have much of a chance to make the playoffs. That, good sir, would not be a positive for the franchise and would suggest that we need a lot more house cleaning than we think. We aren't in the same situation that a team like Buffalo is in, where they are years away with a poor core.

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
Reality is what happens on the ice and how that relates to the standings. What you seem to be suggesting is that the players give up as we don't have much of a chance to make the playoffs. That, good sir, would not be a positive for the franchise and would suggest that we need a lot more house cleaning than we think. We aren't in the same situation that a team like Buffalo is in, where they are years away with a poor core.

Didn't you just say on another thread a few minutes ago you never assume? Hmmmmmmm..

Unforunately that is what you are doing right now with that post.

I'll make it simple for you, I'm not suggesting we give up, I'm suggesting that a big point streak will do us exactly no good at all and only make things worse for us in the end.

ca5150

Jul 17, 2006
Columbus, Ohio
Didn't you just say on another thread a few minutes ago you never assume? Hmmmmmmm..

Unforunately that is what you are doing right now with that post.

I'll make it simple for you, I'm not suggesting we give up, I'm suggesting that a big point streak will do us exactly no good at all and only make things worse for us in the end.

Let me put the draft in perspective for all of you rooting for a tank so we can get our "miracle" player. Jack Skille was a first round draft pick, 7th overall. Enough said. Quit worrying about the draft position and root your team on. Losing out has a HUGE effect on free agents not wanting to come here, having to overpay for free agents, the motivation of the young players, the vets wanting to re-sign, our confidence to work hard in the off season and on and on and on. Winning and just missing the playoffs is much better on all levels than the difference between a 8 pick and a 15 pick in the first round. Smarten up people rooting for a tank, unless you are in line for the top pick or this year, the 2nd pick, then quit wanting to piss away a season because there are FAR bigger issues finishing near the bottom has than draft pick.

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
Let me put the draft in perspective for all of you rooting for a tank so we can get our "miracle" player. Jack Skille was a first round draft pick, 7th overall. Enough said. Quit worrying about the draft position and root your team on. Losing out has a HUGE effect on free agents not wanting to come here, having to overpay for free agents, the motivation of the young players, the vets wanting to re-sign, our confidence to work hard in the off season and on and on and on. Winning and just missing the playoffs is much better on all levels than the difference between a 8 pick and a 15 pick in the first round. Smarten up people rooting for a tank, unless you are in line for the top pick or this year, the 2nd pick, then quit wanting to piss away a season because there are FAR bigger issues finishing near the bottom has than draft pick.

When did I say I wasn't rooting the team on? If you actually read any of my posts, especially during the game threads I am ALWAYS tuned in, rooting them on.

Thanks.

Jackets Fan

Mar 28, 2014
Central Ohio
This team doesn't even surprise me anymore...beats the Pens in Pitt, then loses 4 straight ( including an L to the mother ****ing Sabres! )
I'm still holding out some hope for the playoffs, but damn, if we could have gotten 5 or 6 points of the last possible 8, we'd be 5 or 6 points out of the wildcard. Much better spot than now.

Good opportunity for points this week - 6 points on the table just waiting for the taking. But wow, this team isn't even close to playing with the urgency they did last year. Losing 4 straight at this point in the season, and getting into the postseason after being 15 points behind the final wildcard at one point, would be nothing short of a miracle.

I hope this team doesn't $h*# the bed again in this game and piss me for the 546765433557898321th time. My patience is getting thin with these guys.

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
Let me put the draft in perspective for all of you rooting for a tank so we can get our "miracle" player. Jack Skille was a first round draft pick, 7th overall. Enough said.

Alexander Ovechkin was a #1 pick, Alexander Picard was an 8th; 'nuff said.

I am officially on the hope we lose enough to get the best guy we can and have the best chance to win the lottery. I understand others disagree. I respect your opinion so respect mine and others who feel the same way.

That being said I hope we play well and lose on a flukey goal. Best of both worlds.

Jackets Fan

Mar 28, 2014
Central Ohio

I am officially on the hope we lose enough to get the best guy we can and have the best chance to win the lottery. I understand others disagree. I respect your opinion so respect mine and others who feel the same way.

That being said I hope we play well and lose on a flukey goal. Best of both worlds.

Not trying to bash on your opinion, but how can you actually bring yourself to watch your favorite team, and actually root for them to lose? Doesn't it kinda defeat the purpose of watching the game? I'm genuinely curious of your reasoning.

Personally, I don't think I could ever root against the CBJ , no matter how frustrating they are. I couldn't do it in 11-12, and I can't do it now.

Different strokes for different folks I suppose.

ca5150

Jul 17, 2006
Columbus, Ohio
When did I say I wasn't rooting the team on? If you actually read any of my posts, especially during the game threads I am ALWAYS tuned in, rooting them on.

Thanks.

That wasn't directed at you so much as a general statement based on your last sentence of saying it would hurt us long term to win some games.

SuperGenius

For Duty & Humanity!
Mar 18, 2008
Go, Montreal. Put Richards into free agency.

If that happens, do you promise to follow him?

CBJ win 5-4 OT. It will be a wild game and very exciting. I know this because I won't be able to attend. The last game I couldn't attend was the crazy Thursday Washington game around Christmas.

At least I get a night away from the Wiz hater in my section and his lackeys. Nice guy, but I wonder sometimes why he even bothers to be there. It's quite literally all he talks about or yells about. It's so unpleasant that at least 8 of us want to move next season to get away from this jackwagon. I'd complain to the usher...but he's deaf so....

ca5150

Jul 17, 2006
Columbus, Ohio

We aren't getting the top 2 picks though, that ship has sailed, and like I said, it hurts 10 different aspects of building a winner to limp to the finish line. I would rather go out like we did 2 years ago and miss the playoffs on a tie breaker, than limp to the finish line and be the laughing stock of Columbus for another year.

SuperGenius

For Duty & Humanity!
Mar 18, 2008

You don't know that. What if the 11th pick is the next Patrick Kane and the 5th pick is the next Alexandre Picard?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad