GDT: Game 60 - CBJ vs NJD - 16 Feb, 6pm

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
The score and the results would be the same exact if Jones was healthy, stop thinking he would be that big of a difference maker.
Jones is the biggest difference maker on this team. His absence certainly has impact and I’m convinced one of these last four games would have been a win had he played. To think otherwise is to basically say personnel and talent doesn’t matter.

Last edited:

Robert

Foligno family
Mar 9, 2006
Louisville, KY
The score and the results would be the same exact if Jones was healthy, stop thinking he would be that big of a difference maker.
Probably..... I hate to say it but the defense around Elvis and Elvis himself are not the same with or without Jones since the Detroit 2-0 win..

Jones didn't play 60 minutes a game....

EDM

Mar 8, 2008
I am sick of listening to Jody’s “is everybody happy?” Positive spin when Jackets are clearly playing poorly.

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
Probably..... I hate to say it but the defense around Elvis and Elvis himself are not the same with or without Jones since the Detroit 2-0 win..

Jones didn't play 60 minutes a game....
Since Jones hasn’t played since the Detroit game - except the Colorado game where he played in a broken foot and scored a goal - I don’t understand your point"...........and no, he doesn’t play 60 minutes, just a meager 25+

Reactions: CBJWennberg10

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Ignoring the injuries for a second, the team has completely lost the way and style we need to play to win. Ever since the Eichel goal against buffalo we have completely stopped playing suffocating defense. Even against Tampa and Colorado we were playing the right way but not able to win. It happens, but the rangers and Sabres games have us off our game and now we’re 20 minutes away from losing to New Jersey.

No excuse. An absolute joke. The h&h with philly doesn’t mean anything now.

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
All of the goals in this game were scored in the same goal. Must be a few goals coming the CBJ way this period.
Had to read this a few times before it sunk in. Hahaha...but now that I do, hoping you are right!

VABUCK

Oct 31, 2014
Midlothian, VA
The defense is no longer applying pressure at the blue line instead they are constantly retreating back. Is this due to a lack of confidence or change due to injuries? Either way it's allowing their opponents to have higher percentage scoring chances.

Reactions: Robert

Robert

Foligno family
Mar 9, 2006
Louisville, KY
Since Jones hasn’t played since the Detroit game - except the Colorado game where he played in a broken foot and scored a goal - I don’t understand your point"...........and no, he doesn’t play 60 minutes, just a meager 25+

Missing Jones obviously has had an impact but the overall play I'm seeing is more than just Jones...

Madifer

Oct 2, 2018
Missing Jones obviously has had an impact but the overall play I'm seeing is more than just Jones...

Sorry but it was quite obvious that we as fans could forget this season after Jones got injured.

The next season should be better and hopefully the uptrend proves to be more sustainable then.

The lottery is coming and 22 more games for us to enjoy til then..

aRussian

Oct 21, 2007
Ohio
What the hell happened to our tight defensive play?
They are playing further up the ice. Even in our zone they are looking to start a rush or are driving further into offensive zone and getting caught in riskier positions on the turnover. Our D having to also be our offense is killing us slowly over time

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad