Post-Game Talk: Game 60- Buffalo 4- Bruins 1 - end of the world edition

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
Out PP is absolutely horrible without Spooner, this is gonna hurt us. Spooner was so good on the powerplay controlling the puck and cycling up and getting it to the next guy. I liked Nash this game... hope losing Spooner doesn't come back to bite us, you all seem to underestimate him.... he played great this season for us, nothing like previous years, even in our own zone, we lost valuable speed which I have seen him use many times to get back to our zone and get on the player with the puck. I'm still for the trade with it containing half of Beleskeys cap. Can't wait to see what this team can do against the Canes tomorrow night, I have a feeling they are going to lay a beat down on the Canes, and hopefully roll on through Pitts, they usually compete really well against them.

Our PP has been horrible lately, WITH Spooner...

Reactions: caz16 and BMC

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
Not so sure he was happy initially. I saw him interviewed after the game and he said it was hard and it was a shock because he had no idea he was going. Hard to leave a place after 5 years with those guys. Learned a lot. And his face was very sad. And that was after his two assist debut. I think maybe once he got there he just turned the leaf. But i would say there were some sad emotions. I will miss the kid. I always liked his game and thought he gave 100% of his game.

I heard that he was very happy to be traded. Maybe that’s incorrect?

Jean_Jacket41

Neely = HOF
Jun 25, 2003
With the smurfs
Not so sure he was happy initially. I saw him interviewed after the game and he said it was hard and it was a shock because he had no idea he was going. Hard to leave a place after 5 years with those guys. Learned a lot. And his face was very sad. And that was after his two assist debut. I think maybe once he got there he just turned the leaf. But i would say there were some sad emotions. I will miss the kid. I always liked his game and thought he gave 100% of his game.

Anyone would be sad going from one of the best team in the league and a great chance at the Cup to a team that is 19 games away from the golf courses.

3rdLiner

Jan 21, 2011
Cape Cod
I heard that he was very happy to be traded. Maybe that’s incorrect?

I can see Spooner being upset about the trade. For most of his career Claude joked him around, in out, benched randomly, etc. Finally he gets with his coach from Providence produces in a top 6 role on a contending team and then gets dealt to a tire fire , most likely as the chip that the GM used to get out of a terrible contract. If I was Spooner I wouldn't love the Bruins organization, I might grow to despise them tbh.

Last edited:
Feb 25, 2016
Biggest issue outside of positional errors has been the PK and PP.

They need to spend every minute of practice on those two gaping holes in their game.

Time for Zorbil to take a shift or 5.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
Watch the interview.....When you say it is hard to leave and you did not think you were being traded...?

I’m just telling you what someone (who would know) said.

I’m sure it’s a jolt, he has a lot of friends on the team. At the same time he has been rumored to be out of here so often, he could be happy at the same time.

JP Nolan

Sep 28, 2017

I’m sure it’s a jolt, he has a lot of friends on the team. At the same time he has been rumored to be out of here so often, he could be happy at the same time.
Obviously duel emotions are possible. My point was just that is was not just one way like "man, i am glad to get the hell out of here".

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA

Why wouldn't he be happy about it? He was obtained by a team that presumably wants him as a player instead of an organization that has perpetually yanked his chain for the last 4/5 years.

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
Biggest issue outside of positional errors has been the PK and PP.

They need to spend every minute of practice on those two gaping holes in their game.

Time for Zorbil to take a shift or 5.

I don't know why you think Zboril is ready for the NHL, but he's not. This isn't the first time you've brought him up. I remember you saying he was a reason the Bruins should trade one of their defenseman for a forward. Haha

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
I'm sure at this point Nash had quite a few friends on the team. Doesn't change the fact the Rangers are a dumpster fire & on their way to a re-build. Not a good situation for a player to be in- rumors must have been running rampant about who's going & who's staying. Nash landed on his skates- he's now part of a stable team with a shot at the Cup.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
I think you are oversimplifying things...as you sometimes do :laugh:

I didn't oversimplify it at all, it really is just that simple. He's got friends on the team, and will probably miss that, but the organization has made it abundantly clear over the years that he was not considered part of the core for this team. I hope he does well in NY and finds a team that values his game, since that was never going to happen here...

Reactions: Tampbear

BNHL

Dec 22, 2006
Boston
3 ugly losses in 10 days,2 and 3 in that span. Carlo and Krug look bad. Maybe Krug hit his head after one of his several dehelmetings this month.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
I didn't oversimplify it at all, it really is just that simple. He's got friends on the team, and will probably miss that, but the organization has made it abundantly clear over the years that he was not considered part of the core for this team. I hope he does well in NY and finds a team that values his game, since that was never going to happen here...

I disagree with the “perpetually yanked his chain” part. Blame to go around, but think it should be split evenly in this case, or even 60-40 on Spooner.

The Bruins were more patient than some organizations would have been IMO.

JP Nolan

Sep 28, 2017
Wally already said he was excited for a fresh start.
Wally told me that and i have no doubt he would not say it unless it was true.....Again, my point was simply in the interview he seemed genuinely sad about it as well........Jeeez....

JP Nolan

Sep 28, 2017
I disagree with the “perpetually yanked his chain” part. Blame to go around, but think it should be split evenly in this case, or even 60-40 on Spooner.

The Bruins were more patient than some organizations would have been IMO.
This is disagree with, If anything he was the one more patient between the two. Claude obviously did not love the kids style and he hampered his progress....I think Spoons was probably more frustrated with Boston then they were with him. They knew what he was.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad