Post-Game Talk: Game 60- Buffalo 4- Bruins 1 - end of the world edition

C77

Mar 12, 2009
Junior's Farm
As others have written, they should rotate guys in and out of the lineup throughout the rest of the regular season.

Maybe even Chara can rest a game or two.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Not panicking but that was embarrassing. GM goes out, makes aggressive move to send a message/reward team for terrific play and they do that? Put it behind you but they should be bloody embarrassed with that putrid effort vs a team that`s putrid itself

Reactions: BMC and Blowfish

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
The other issue with the game last night . Miller and McQuaid both in the lineup. Bruins were chasing there tails last night. Time for some Holden plus I really don't like Carlo sitting. Gryz soooo good last night. I'm so impressed with that kid.

3rdLiner

Jan 21, 2011
Cape Cod
What has Backes done to help this team? What does he bring to the team? I saw a dude chasing the play all night.

Up until the last 2 games he was directly involved in about 7-8 game saving plays or plays that lead to the GWG. Such "what have you done lately" itis on this board sometimes.

Reactions: Seidenbergy

Chiz1982

Feb 10, 2011
North Sydney, NS
Out PP is absolutely horrible without Spooner, this is gonna hurt us. Spooner was so good on the powerplay controlling the puck and cycling up and getting it to the next guy. I liked Nash this game... hope losing Spooner doesn't come back to bite us, you all seem to underestimate him.... he played great this season for us, nothing like previous years, even in our own zone, we lost valuable speed which I have seen him use many times to get back to our zone and get on the player with the puck. I'm still for the trade with it containing half of Beleskeys cap. Can't wait to see what this team can do against the Canes tomorrow night, I have a feeling they are going to lay a beat down on the Canes, and hopefully roll on through Pitts, they usually compete really well against them.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
It's clearly the curse of Ryan Spooner. He left and in his first game in NY he had 2 assists. Nash? Yeah, nothing. No points. Clearly he stinks and the team made the wrong moves...:naughty:

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
With all this depth we have now. I think we should start resting some guys.
Carlo sat yesterday.
Tuesday I would have Krug watch a couple games.
Have
Chara-MCAvoy
Gryz-Miller
Holden-Carlo

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
krejci was awful last night .. and has been for quite some time..

He's been struggling.
Sat against Toronto he was behind the play all nite long.
Hopefully Nash on his wing will get him going. Big homestand coming up. Hopefully we get back on track and start burying these chances

JP Nolan

Sep 28, 2017
I think that the Bruins really wanted him to succeed here. I think he got a lot more rope than some players do, and it’s unfortunate it didn’t work out in Boston.

I’m glad he’s happy he went to NY.

I bet Vesey was happy he went to NY too...

Last season.
Not so sure he was happy initially. I saw him interviewed after the game and he said it was hard and it was a shock because he had no idea he was going. Hard to leave a place after 5 years with those guys. Learned a lot. And his face was very sad. And that was after his two assist debut. I think maybe once he got there he just turned the leaf. But i would say there were some sad emotions. I will miss the kid. I always liked his game and thought he gave 100% of his game.

Boston Bruno

Mostly not serious input..
Nov 2, 2002
Calgary
It's clearly the curse of Ryan Spooner. He left and in his first game in NY he had 2 assists. Nash? Yeah, nothing. No points. Clearly he stinks and the team made the wrong moves...:naughty:
Curse of Spooner? As well as the curse of Frankie Vats. We are undone!

Reactions: LSCII

JP Nolan

Sep 28, 2017
He's been struggling.
Sat against Toronto he was behind the play all nite long.
Hopefully Nash on his wing will get him going. Big homestand coming up. Hopefully we get back on track and start burying these chances
You keep saying he is struggling and slow. Just not the case. He is the same player he has always been. The whole team was behind the play all night long vs Toronto the other night, not just Krejci. Yet he still managed a sweet assist on DeBrusk goal.

You are correct that lately he has missed 3-4 chances that could have been goals had the puck gone his way but what is important is the chances are there, Yesterday a sweet no look drop pass to Nash that he rings of the post. 1/4 inch the other way and nobody has anything to say.

It is tiring reading so many people who dont seem to understand Krejci's game that he is a puck possession master who looks,looks,looks, holds holds, holds and delivers world class passes as well as maybe some of the greatest centers of all time. He is also an above average defensive player and has never shied away from the boards even though his game is space. Nash said yesterday he looks forward to playing with a "world class" center. Other then Bergy or Rask, he is our most important player and history will tell you that. Thats just a simple fact no matter who does not like the guy.

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
Out PP is absolutely horrible without Spooner, this is gonna hurt us. Spooner was so good on the powerplay controlling the puck and cycling up and getting it to the next guy. I liked Nash this game... hope losing Spooner doesn't come back to bite us, you all seem to underestimate him.... he played great this season for us, nothing like previous years, even in our own zone, we lost valuable speed which I have seen him use many times to get back to our zone and get on the player with the puck. I'm still for the trade with it containing half of Beleskeys cap. Can't wait to see what this team can do against the Canes tomorrow night, I have a feeling they are going to lay a beat down on the Canes, and hopefully roll on through Pitts, they usually compete really well against them.

our power play has been junk for a while now. when Spooner was here.

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
if Nash buries that Krejci feed last night it's a sportcenter top 10 for sure.

If he's getting slower it's bc he's getting older. Does anyone expect him to get faster with time after watching him for the last decade?

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
The other issue with the game last night . Miller and McQuaid both in the lineup. Bruins were chasing there tails last night. Time for some Holden plus I really don't like Carlo sitting. Gryz soooo good last night. I'm so impressed with that kid.

Carlo needed a break, he had been struggling the past 4-5 games. Hopefully this jump starts his game.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad