Post-Game Talk: Game 60- Buffalo 4- Bruins 1 - end of the world edition

b in vancouver

Jul 28, 2005
You keep saying he is struggling and slow. Just not the case. He is the same player he has always been. The whole team was behind the play all night long vs Toronto the other night, not just Krejci. Yet he still managed a sweet assist on DeBrusk goal.

You are correct that lately he has missed 3-4 chances that could have been goals had the puck gone his way but what is important is the chances are there, Yesterday a sweet no look drop pass to Nash that he rings of the post. 1/4 inch the other way and nobody has anything to say.

It is tiring reading so many people who dont seem to understand Krejci's game that he is a puck possession master who looks,looks,looks, holds holds, holds and delivers world class passes as well as maybe some of the greatest centers of all time. He is also an above average defensive player and has never shied away from the boards even though his game is space. Nash said yesterday he looks forward to playing with a "world class" center. Other then Bergy or Rask, he is our most important player and history will tell you that. Thats just a simple fact no matter who does not like the guy.

I missed the game - but I've thought Krejci has played really well this year and don't really see what his detractors do. With Spooner on his line Krejci had to be a lot more physically engaged and cover up for some defensive lapses and I thought he did an excellent job of it.

Fans used to love the way he could slow down the play but now people point to that as him being lazy or something. Give him a couple of games to develop some chemistry with Nash and watch those guys take over shifts.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
This is disagree with, If anything he was the one more patient between the two. Claude obviously did not love the kids style and he hampered his progress....I think Spoons was probably more frustrated with Boston then they were with him. They knew what he was.

You want to be an NHL player, you adapt. You can't just do what you did in Junior and expect it to be enough.

I know for a fact that the B's had specific discussions with Spooner about what they expected from him, and I don't think he always responded. There were growing pains along the way, as there often is with youngsters. The ironic thing is that I think this year he has become closer to what they wanted all along and now he is dealt :laugh:

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
Danton Heinen looks like he's hit the rookie wall. He's been really struggling the last couple of weeks. And his line was awful last night.

Heinen played a full AHL season last year, followed by a long playoff run with PRO.

I think he will be fine, but this is why you don't rely on a rookie (if his name is not McJesus) to carry a line. Heinen did that with the 4th line earlier and I believe to a large extent with the 3rd as well. If you want him to continue to produce offensively, he's a facilitator, give him a weapon.

Reactions: Tampbear

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
I disagree with the “perpetually yanked his chain” part. Blame to go around, but think it should be split evenly in this case, or even 60-40 on Spooner.

The Bruins were more patient than some organizations would have been IMO.

He's center, no wait a wing, no a center. Did I say center? I meant wing. He's an offensively minded player, but he needs to be a defensive center instead. I mean wing. Wing. Yeah, definitely a wing. But a defensively minded on. Throw the constant trade rumors and why exactly would the player be loyal and unhappy to move on?

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
He's center, no wait a wing, no a center. Did I say center? I meant wing. He's an offensively minded player, but he needs to be a defensive center instead. I mean wing. Wing. Yeah, definitely a wing. But a defensively minded on. Throw the constant trade rumors and why exactly would the player be loyal and unhappy to move on?

Yeah,

I mean it has nothing to do with the player being asked to do certain things so that he can play the position...and failing to do so.

Seidenbergy

Nov 2, 2012
It is tiring reading so many people who dont seem to understand Krejci's game that he is a puck possession master who looks,looks,looks, holds holds, holds and delivers world class passes as well as maybe some of the greatest centers of all time. He is also an above average defensive player and has never shied away from the boards even though his game is space. Nash said yesterday he looks forward to playing with a "world class" center. Other then Bergy or Rask, he is our most important player and history will tell you that. Thats just a simple fact no matter who does not like the guy.

Ummmmm, Zdeno Chara says "hi".

Seidenbergy

Nov 2, 2012
LOL. Good luck with that.
If we're going back that far, then you have to include Thomas before Krejci as well. There really is no winning argument for Krejci over those guys in importance.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad