Not open for further replies.

elkranio

Jan 4, 2014
Ryan Miller post game interview

Accidentally stopped the video here.
7efce73181374ed537b7324b57626b8c.jpeg

Got One Cup

Jun 3, 2008
Just got done watching the game, glad to see we could finally wake up and do something in that 3rd period. One thing i noticed, Miller plays very calm and does not make any unnecessary movements. He also looks much bigger than Halak or Elliot. Can't wait for Tuesday, go Blues.

Summer Rose

Red Like Roses
Sponsor
May 3, 2012
Gainesville, Florida
Mildly happy for you guys. Coyotes have our problems that need fixing and that was an epic 3rd period meltdown. Lack of a call leading to the 4th goal I won't comment on, but at that point I'm sure we'd have lost anyway.

I am now firmly on your bandwagon when the playoffs come around. I'd love to see St. Louis win a cup. I'd feel pretty damn good about it.

:)

(don't hurt me.)

illninofan*

My hope is that all of Steen, Backes, Oshie and Schwartz will get 60pts.

bluemandan

Ya Ma Goo!
Mar 18, 2008
Do we keep Berglund with Frank and Schwartz once Sobotka gets healthy?

I'd be interested to see Sobotka with Ott. That line would be a pain in the ass.

Unless it's a face-off with under two minutes, tied or within one, in our zone, I'll pass. Those are our two best face-off guys. Keep those guys on separate lines. The Blues thrive on possession, we need those guys winning face-offs.

Last edited:

illninofan*

Unless it's a face-off with under two minutes, tied or within one, in our zone, I'll pass. Those are our two best face-off guys. Keep those guys on separate lines. The Blues thrive on possession, we need those guys winning face-offs.

I'm fine with that too.

Berglund-Ott-Roy as a third line is defensively responsible enough, plus you get the added bonus of Roy's creativity.

We all know what Sobie, Frank and Schwartz can do...but there's a lot more versatility on those two lines now.

Oh, and funny how there's been a change in tone on Ott around here. :sarcasm:

I knew he'd be good, but dang.

Sabresfansince1980

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2011
from Wheatfield, NY
I thought it was a very nice gesture for the Blues to welcome Miller by trying to make him feel right at home - by sleeping through the first five mins and allowing the other team to pound away until an own-goal deflection went in. Jackman looked like Mike Weber there (and no, that's not a good thing).

Oh well, looks like they're in an offensive slump for the time being (and playing .500 for the last 15 games). Look on the bright side though - March doesn't matter. Armstrong made the trade for the playoffs and that's all that matters.

I was typing this as Berglund finally ended the offensive slump. Nice comeback win. Miller must have wondered if he really got traded for the first part of the game.

Good luck from here on out. I'll be one of the Sabres fans pestering your board over the next few months.

Tim UK

Feb 17, 2014
Canterbury, England
Thought Paajarvi had a pretty good game. I think his speed adds something to the bottom 6, allows him to get in on the forecheck and beat defenders to pucks on dumps into the corner. Enables his line to establish possession in the offensive zone and get the cycling game going around the boards down low in the zone. Really adds energy to the team when the bottom two lines are getting offensive zone time.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
I was typing this as Berglund finally ended the offensive slump. Nice comeback win. Miller must have wondered if he really got traded for the first part of the game.

Good luck from here on out. I'll be one of the Sabres fans pestering your board over the next few months.

Well that's typically how we start games anyway lol. That's why we struggle against the Pacific.

Falco Lombardi

Nov 17, 2011
St. Louis, MO
Mildly happy for you guys. Coyotes have our problems that need fixing and that was an epic 3rd period meltdown. Lack of a call leading to the 4th goal I won't comment on, but at that point I'm sure we'd have lost anyway.

I am now firmly on your bandwagon when the playoffs come around. I'd love to see St. Louis win a cup. I'd feel pretty damn good about it.

(don't hurt me.)

You can comment on it. There isn't anybody here who's going to pretend that wasn't a terrible missed call.

Deevo

Jul 25, 2006
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Seeing Miller in the note was very, very weird. I'm happy for him though, and stoked for you guys!

Will be watching Blues hockey very closely for the rest of the way. Hope there's room on the bandwagon for one more :naughty:

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011

(don't hurt me.)

There were multiple god awful calls in that game and that was by far the worst IMO. Every player on the ice thought that was a penalty. When the guy who trips the player looks at the ref, you know it should be a penalty.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
There were multiple god awful calls in that game and that was by far the worst IMO. Every player on the ice thought that was a penalty. When the guy who trips the player looks at the ref, you know it should be a penalty.

Vladi looked at both refs and a linesman :laugh: When I saw it initially, I thought Yandle took a stick to the boot and went down easy to draw a call. The replay left no doubt. That was definitely a penalty.

The Note

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 13, 2011
KCMO
It's amazing how much bigger Miller looks in goal than Halak. I understand Jaro is giving up ~5 inches on Miller, but the contrast is very stark.

Falco Lombardi

Nov 17, 2011
St. Louis, MO
Seeing Miller in the note was very, very weird. I'm happy for him though, and stoked for you guys!

Will be watching Blues hockey very closely for the rest of the way. Hope there's room on the bandwagon for one more :naughty:

Always room for another. We've seemingly adopted a whole second city. ;)

SteenMachine

Oct 19, 2008
Fenton, MO

(don't hurt me.)

The refs were asleep that game, but I guess I'd rather see them play than call everything and anything.

KeepCalmandCorsiOn

Jun 30, 2013
Our ratings are top 5 in the league, with a 3.95 share if I recall correctly.

Oh I know. I didn't mean for it to sound like the Blues have low ratings or anything. Saw this the other day (probably what you're referring to):

@ChrisBottaNHL said:
NHL U.S. top 5 average TV ratings this season:
1. Penguins 7.67
2. Sabres 5.45
3. Bruins 5.06
4. Blackhawks 4.49
5. Blues 3.95

A 30th place team all season still can't keep viewers away lol. It's funny because Buffalo is usually in the top 5 for ratings even for games the Sabres aren't playing in. Like the Hawks/Pens SS, for instance. Buffalo ratings came in at #3 after CHI & PIT (http://blogs.buffalonews.com/talkin...ffalo-was-watching-hockey-saturday-night.html). This isn't surprising at all. So with Miller in STL now, it also wouldn't surprise me if the ratings for Buffalo were higher than STL's in the playoffs. It's not like the Sabres are going to be playing then anyway.

Last edited:

Falco Lombardi

Nov 17, 2011
St. Louis, MO
Don't know if anyone is planning a GDT for tomorrow but a fun idea might be to use The Rock. (Most electrifying man in sports-entertainment; playing the Lightning, etc.)

I have less than zero talent at photoshop though.

Skew06

Nov 16, 2012
Hazelwood, Missouri
Maybe this will wake Hitch up and make him realize that you dont need to ***** with the lines every single game. Keep the lines consistent and keep players where they obviously belong. Put your best guys on the PP, not guys like Morrow and Ott. Get the weird Tony Larussa logic out of your head and coach the game the right way. Im getting really sick of him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad