GDT: Game #60: Blues @ Coyotes Stormtrooper Effect Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

illninofan*

Yeah, we've never really done PGTs for some reason. :dunno:

Now that we've got more people on the bandwagon, might be a good idea. :innocent:

Last edited by a moderator:

KeepCalmandCorsiOn

Jun 30, 2013
Man I miss Miller already, everyone never gave him the credit he deserved because not alot of people watched many Buffalo games and they haven't been in the playoffs in 3 years now. People we're saying he's not worth the return but the truth is he's so good. You guys are gonna get to see what a top 5 goaltender looks like.

I'm depressed for Buffalo now, loosing Miller. The Grit/Toughness and character in Ott. No offense to the blues but Halak is gonna look like a 3rd rate goaltender after watching Miller lol.

Go Blues. I will be cheering for you guys.

Don't worry, you're not alone. It really is an empty feeling without Miller. I knew it was coming... but man, is it depressing.

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008
Man I miss Miller already, everyone never gave him the credit he deserved because not alot of people watched many Buffalo games and they haven't been in the playoffs in 3 years now. People we're saying he's not worth the return but the truth is he's so good. You guys are gonna get to see what a top 5 goaltender looks like.

I'm depressed for Buffalo now, loosing Miller. The Grit/Toughness and character in Ott. No offense to the blues but Halak is gonna look like a 3rd rate goaltender after watching Miller lol.

Go Blues. I will be cheering for you guys.

Halak is really good...........................

At times

STL BLUES

Youth Movement
Oct 22, 2013
Up-Nort
Getting ready to raid the high school equipment shed right now to get myself a chinstrap, I'll hit shop class on the way out, and solder that sumbich on :bb:

If you need a chin strap for your Blues cap we may have other issues here. Um just take a picture of the infamous cap with or without a chin strap so The Note in Ky can post it on our next GDT pyramid!

illninofan*

Do we keep Berglund with Frank and Schwartz once Sobotka gets healthy?

I'd be interested to see Sobotka with Ott. That line would be a pain in the ass.

LGB51

2019 STANLEY CUP CHAMPION ST. LOUIS BLUES!
Oct 9, 2013
Arcola, IL
We used to effectively force other teams to funnel the puck to a strong area of the ice where the play would die. Every now and then our forward's angles would be off and that would allow other teams to reverse the ice and attack a weaker area, and we would struggle in those games. Right now, though, it simply looks like there are not strong areas at all for us.

Our gaps are terrible all over the ice and its making it really easy for the other team to beat our defense in transition. Some of that could be masked with more effective pressure before the transition play begins, but we're not even doing that very well right now. The coordinated support and angles just aren't there. When the first man loses that initial battle, there's no second layer to fight through.
Serious question, are you a coach? The way you explain game situations, so clear & concisely, you have to be a coach. And a pretty damn good one at that judging by almost all your critique posts of in-game scenarios/situations. Do you tutor, my overall understanding of how the game inside the game would go up tenfold after a few of your lessons.

I'm being serious, you really know your hockey, and really excel at explaining how things are suppose to work, and breaking down what we are actually watching happen on the ice as it happens.

Fred Murtz

Jan 20, 2009
THe Bouwmeester punch. Miller interview and saves coming up.

Pow!
blues_bouwmeester_miller_punch_ani.gif

Hooliganx3

Oct 28, 2010
I am impressed the team came back in the end. I still have concerns about our team taking periods off from playing up to their ability. It's been our weakness all season long. Some teams you can get away with it and still get wins against teams like the Hawks, Kings, Ducks and Sharks you can't.

nicholas89alex

Nov 16, 2012
im seeing miller had a good game between the pipes but how is he at playing the puck? I dreaded watching halak and ells play the puck behind the net so a goalie who knows what hes doing back there would be nice.

Captain Creampuff

Sep 10, 2012
im seeing miller had a good game between the pipes but how is he at playing the puck? I dreaded watching halak and ells play the puck behind the net so a goalie who knows what hes doing back there would be nice.

I thought he handled the puck well but still just doesn't have that communication with our D yet.

start winnin

NO MORE TANK BOYS
May 7, 2011
Buffalo
Awesome win. Didnt see that coming, but you could at least sense a push considering they looked like garbage or like they were wading in it in the first 2 periods.

Miller looks great. He challenges, comes out of his crease, leaves nothing on low % shots and is as precise as you can be with his movement. He had no chance on either of the goals. Its the first game that Ive paid this much attention to him, but he has a much different look than what we have had.

He's the best technical goalie in the game and that's why he will be effective even in his late 30's. He's all about angles and playing the puck and the shooter rather than depending on athleticism.

Much like how the Philadelphia Flyers helped the Kings win the cup, I hope our former players help you guys win it (you've got a lot... Roy, Ott, Miller and can't forget LOLpold).

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008
He's the best technical goalie in the game and that's why he will be effective even in his late 30's. He's all about angles and playing the puck and the shooter rather than depending on athleticism.

Much like how the Philadelphia Flyers helped the Kings win the cup, I hope our former players help you guys win it (you've got a lot... Roy, Ott, Miller and can't forget LOLpold).

That's good to know. I still don't want to sign him more than 4 yrs. 4 x 6 is what I'm hoping for

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad