Not open for further replies.

McBeastMode

Dec 29, 2012
Beside my neighbor..
From TheAthletic..

HUh3ZP0.jpg

ThePhoenixx

Aug 7, 2005

Well written letter, with appropriate shots fired at the end.

Smith mentioned in her press conference that there will be money to help develop the ice district. So kind of not a shot, just an acknowledgement.

It doesn't occur to you that weighing in on provincial matters from an Ontario perspective, and doing that here isn't such a great idea?
Have you read his posts? ;)

• Haha
Reactions: Drivesaitl

slaman

McOilers Fan
Oct 22, 2010
Toronto
I remember being at the Madison for the Olympic games... way back when. I'd pick a place like that with some character over Hoops. Heck... I'd probably recommend the Brunswick House if it's still open.
Haha good ol' Brunny. That was shut down long ago. I remember those Olympics - Toronto went absolutely insane. I watched it at a bar that is now a bowling alley at John & Richmond

Reactions: OfCorsiDid

xoczar99ox

Oct 8, 2019
Hes fine. Every team is dealing with injury but I can confirm if it was a serious injury then he certainly wouldn’t have been practicing.
No offence but this is a delusional post. His play dictates he’s not fine and the video would support that.

I worder what this team would look like in the playoffs with a fully healthy McDrai.

Behind Enemy Lines

Feb 19, 2003
Vancouver
Rishuag is the biggest parasite there is. He's always angling for a story, trying to create drama when there is non, putting words/emotions in players mouths as if he's channeling them. . His whole handling of the Humbolt tragedy came off as very opportunistic. Dude is POS. He always has this sense of the media deserves every priority no matter what. Can't count how many times I've heard him claim that the players/org owe him/the media an expanation on the most miniscule things. F*** that clown
What a terrible take or poor understanding about the role of media. He's a regional reporter of a national broadcaster which is a rights holder for both of the major sports he reports on with local affiliate teams. Rights holders pay large sums of money for access and add value with the additional content they generate to keep eyes and ultimately wallets engaged with the product.

He handled the Humbold Broncos tragedy for his employer with complete professionalism and deference to the profound impact it has had on the family members, a community broken by it, and a unimaginable tragedy reported on literally around the world. He's a sports reporter who had to fall back on his broadcast training to get through and pull together a compassionate and empathetic feature of the lives lost, ripped apart and struggle to make sense of it and journey to recover from it.

What Rishaug is not is a fart catcher quasi media type either associated/employed directly with the team or behoven to a sycophantic relationship with the team's management and ownership group to gloss over uncomfortable stuff that's beyond the spinmeisters trying to control the narrative. Reporters ... even those that cover entertainment and pastimes like sports should go to places that are uncomfortable. Sports is a wonderful divergence from the often hard reality of life. But sometimes those world collide like Humbold.

Ultimately teams have far greater access to information that we as outsiders get doled out in a five second video clip with little context.

Last edited:
Reactions: guymez

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
So I know I'm kinda pragmatic but if anybody is sitting at home bored its fantastic weather outside either for enjoying one self, which I'm doing, or doing the spring clean up yard work, and outside painting and shit, which I'm doing. Not sure about other residents but the once a spring pickup of yard stuff, branches, old grass and the like is on Monday in our neighborhood. Check your own pick up schedule for when that is. Everything is dry enough now for mulching lawn etc.

if you don't get it in now the next time isn't until fall. or you can throw stuff in green bins which people also do. But we usually get several bags of stuff in the spring to put out.

Just to make this on topic I'll label the refuse bags Doughty, Kopitar, Anderson, and any other suggestions. Don't send the police!

Getting bored is incentive to do something. Such sage words...hehe

Playing D&D tonight and prepping all afternoon.

Fourier

Dec 29, 2006
Waterloo Ontario

I've said this before but the refs know which teams have deadly pp's and which don't. Even if it is subconscious, in the playoffs, they don't want to give teams with top pp's an "advantage". The problem for me is that being good at something should give your team an advantage. That's the whole point of the exercise.

Last edited:

BlackDogg

perpetuum defectum
Oct 3, 2015
Holy Christ, you literally repeated what I said word for word. Some discomfort. Did I go all doom and gloom or go off on a tangent how the Oilers are in trouble now with a one-legged McDavid? No.

All I said was Rishaug shouldn't be posting videos of our star player (or any player) showing them in pain during practice in the playoffs. Do you not remember Calgary in round 2 targetting Draisaitl's ankle (but because they have the combine IQ of a marshmallow, they were slashing and chopping at the wrong one)?

Maybe he took a shot off the leg earlier in practice no one saw. Maybe it's something lingering. I don't doubt everyone's playing with something this time of year. That said, any advantage is an advantage, especially against a team like LA, who are very similar in dirty antics like Calgary.

I get Rishaug has a job to do but the Oilers should be banning any videoing of their practices. It's pretty simple, the NFL does it.
Your responding to some random.guy on the internet :DD

• Haha
Reactions: Ritchie Valens

Leonardlizard

Dec 3, 2021
I laughed at a Twitter post that popped up today from before puck drop yesterday.. Auston Matthews carrying a purse dressed in all black with turtle neck "AUSTON WEARING ALL BLACK TO ELIMINATION GAME? COINCIDENCE!?"

I'm glad the Oilers don't embarrass themselves this much.

Reactions: Biltmore

xoczar99ox

Oct 8, 2019
Playing D&D tonight and prepping all afternoon.
Interesting. My daughter is taking a D&D elective in school and we just created our character‘s yesterday. Apparently I have to go to toys r us tomorrow and buy dice and some other shit…

I've said this before but the refs know which teams have deadly pp's and which don't. Even if it is subconscious, in the playoffs, they don't want to give teams with top pp's an "advantage". The problem for me is that being good at something should give your team an advantage. That's the whole point of the exercise.
It’s match fixing at the end of the day if they penalize a team for there strength.

Reactions: Biltmore

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton

Arvidson Kopitar Kempe
Moore Danault Ioffalo
Byfield Vilardi Fiala
Lizotte Grundstrum Kupari

(Exact positions I’m not 100% sure but these were the lines in the article)

OfCorsiDid

54 goals? Must've been the money!
Mar 20, 2017
Toronto, ON
I remember being at the Madison for the Olympic games... way back when. I'd pick a place like that with some character over Hoops. Heck... I'd probably recommend the Brunswick House if it's still open.

Brunswick House closed in 2018.

0% chance we'd get into the Maddy and get a table for 9 guys lol.

We struggled so hard on Thursday even finding a place to go. We tried basically everywhere downtown starting at 4:30 for a 7:20 start. Eventually found room at Parlour. Which holly nuts was expensive as f*** and full of Bay St. Bros.

Hoops was taking reservations so we'll take it lol.

Haha that place is still around? Yonge & College? I remember going there when I first moved to Toronto way back when

I think finding a non-Leaf night would be better to be honest... crowd will be rowdy if they win (they won't) and it will be empty and depressing if they lose (which it will)

Yeah they just renovated too. The service and food though is cataclysmic.

Reactions: slaman

OfCorsiDid

54 goals? Must've been the money!
Mar 20, 2017
Toronto, ON
Thanks for the response. But you could be more aware that Alberta in a nutshell is the result of National, external, forces that has made Alberta be protectionist. Cough NEP and the like.

Alberta is an example of a response to Centrist control and agency.

What does this have to do with anything I've said? Simply moving to Ontario excludes me from commenting because you're upset about something that happened 43 years ago. Am I understanding this correctly?

Anyways, I'm not gonna keep going here, if you would like to discuss further, please DM.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad