GDT: Game 6: Tampa Bay Lightning vs Montreal Canadiens 10/15/19 7:00pm EST TSN2, RDS (HD), TSN 690

Status
Not open for further replies.

DramaticGloveSave

Voice of Reason
Apr 17, 2017
Suzuki will be sent down soon guys, relax. We got a game against the Lightning tonight. The timing of this game seems perfect for Drouin. If he is able to dominate against the Lightning, it could signal a breakout season is for real. If he reverts back to previous tendencies tonight, it could mean what we saw was a flash in the pan. Tonight will be telling for Drouin, hoping he rallies off that crowd love on Saturday...

Reactions: Hacketts

Garnet76

Dec 3, 2017
Chatham Ontario
Belize is the only guy that deserves a call up from Laval at the moment in my opinion. If they are not going to let the kids play send them down so they have stable environment to learn and grow. This yo yo crap has gone on for way too long and needs to stop.

Gally11

Sep 20, 2010
Toronto
Belize is the only guy that deserves a call up from Laval at the moment in my opinion. If they are not going to let the kids play send them down so they have stable environment to learn and grow. This yo yo crap has gone on for way too long and needs to stop.

I wouldn't mind seeing him up for a few games.

Reactions: Runner77

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Suzuki will be sent down soon guys, relax. We got a game against the Lightning tonight. The timing of this game seems perfect for Drouin. If he is able to dominate against the Lightning, it could signal a breakout season is for real. If he reverts back to previous tendencies tonight, it could mean what we saw was a flash in the pan. Tonight will be telling for Drouin, hoping he rallies off that crowd love on Saturday...

Got a live bet going on with Suzuki that was made during the memorial cup last year... I pay $1 for every NHL game played and by buddy (Leafs fan) pays $1M for every AHL game he plays this year. So far I owe him $5 bucks lol.

Heading into the season, I thought Suzuki was not physically strong enough. I tell you, I was impressed on what he worked on in the off season. But as time moves forward, it's clear that we need to let him play in the AHL so he can adjust better to the Pro game.

If I am wrong, I'll be happy to pay $82 bucks!

The Real Timo

Jun 18, 2019
Got a live bet going on with Suzuki that was made during the memorial cup last year... I pay $1 for every NHL game played and by buddy (Leafs fan) pays $1M for every AHL game he plays this year. So far I owe him $5 bucks lol.

Heading into the season, I thought Suzuki was not physically strong enough. I tell you, I was impressed on what he worked on in the off season. But as time moves forward, it's clear that we need to let him play in the AHL so he can adjust better to the Pro game.

If I am wrong, I'll be happy to pay $82 bucks!

Clod will see that you don't have to pay that much.

peate

Smiley
Sponsor
Feb 16, 2007
The Island
I didn't see any mistakes from Fleury that I didn't see from the other D. No reason to sit him for so long, with guys like Chiarot supposedly better?
Curious to see what team shows up tonight. The one that played against Detroit or the one from the St-Louis game?
GO :habs GO

The Real Timo

Jun 18, 2019
From an articles on RDS. And that's mes amis, is why we will be seeing a lot of Nick Cousins, Nate Thompson, Jordan Weal and Christian Folin. Julien will do whatever it plug it takes to make to the playoffs... that will be exceeding the expectations of "trying to make the playoffs". The fact that Habs will get destroyed by whoever they play in the first round matters not. The goal is to clear - Clod's job is on the line.

"Pour cette raison, la situation de Suzuki est délicate, puisque chez le Tricolore, une non-participation à la danse du printemps ne passerait tout simplement pas dans le marché montréalais, en raison de cette frustration accumulée au cours des dernières années.
Un contexte qui force Julien à se concentrer uniquement sur l’obligation de résultat et sur l’enjeu que cela représente."

Reactions: Tighthead

sandysan

Dec 7, 2011
I wouldn't mind seeing him up for a few games.
he is tenacious and throws his body around, but he doesnt have the greatest hands. on the 4th line he could probably do something but if there is a team that you don't need to bring the sandpaper against, its probably tampa.

then again the 4th line is kinda crowded.

Reactions: Gally11

Ozmodiar

Oct 18, 2017

greatly overvaluing the importance of this game as it pertains to Drouin's season, even if it is against his former team.

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
I've had a vision...Mete will score his first goal tonight! (Maybe more)

I've picked him in my Fanduel lineup :baghead:

Ozmodiar

Oct 18, 2017
I didn't see any mistakes from Fleury that I didn't see from the other D. No reason to sit him for so long, with guys like Chiarot supposedly better?
Curious to see what team shows up tonight. The one that played against Detroit or the one from the St-Louis game?

They could be working with Fleury in practice to get him more prepared for his next game.

The gap between games shouldn't be too long for a rookie, OTOH, i think many underestimate the value of practicing with NHL'ers. Working with Weber, Price, Domi and Gallagher vs McCarron, Belize, Peca, Weise. ... learning to practice at the higher tempo, learning the NHL team's system, learning what is expected of you, learning what needs to be worked on. There's a lot of value in that.

No hurry for Suzuki at this point. "Send him down" comments are premature. There's more of an argument for Fleury at this point .... but even then, they could have a plan to keep him with team for a month regardless of playing time. Let him learn from Weber, Petry, Richardson, etc.

Bloumeister

Meister Mojo Rising
Apr 30, 2010
Planet Of Sound
twitter.com
Going back to an item from yesterday about how Bergevin missed the team photo in order to attend a Rocket away game.

We now know how he will be shooped into the photo:

avhRx9c.jpg

Never underetimate the Biceps Club.

From the Rocket thread:

MB is at the Laval game. Which explains why he wasn't at the team photo today. But it also explains the space between Julien and Byron, because he will surely be photoshopped in. :laugh:

EG2bPLHWoAIyu29.jpg

[QU
MB is at the Laval game. Which explains why he wasn't at the team photo today. But it also explains the space between Julien and Byron, because he will surely be photoshopped in. :laugh:

EG2bPLHWoAIyu29.jpg
OTE="peate, post: 165433979, member: 49802"]So many possibilities. :laugh:

I can only imagine what posters like @Runner77 and @Bloumeister can do with that photoshop.

Would this be one of them? :sarcasm:

avhRx9c.jpg

:laugh:

I love it because they left space between CJ and Byron for MB, but in your photoshop, it's like MB arranged to take over the photo with his biceps.

I like what MiG did with it:

(I'll admit Lefrançois had a great idea :nod:)

Me? :whaaa?:

Bloumeister

Meister Mojo Rising
Apr 30, 2010
Planet Of Sound
twitter.com
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad