GDT: Game 6: Tampa Bay Lightning vs Montreal Canadiens 10/15/19 7:00pm EST TSN2, RDS (HD), TSN 690

Status
Not open for further replies.

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax
Zt39iCi.jpg

PbXcj5Z.jpg

jjE4TiR.jpg

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Going back to an item from yesterday about how Bergevin missed the team photo in order to attend a Rocket away game.

We now know how he will be shooped into the photo:

avhRx9c.jpg

:laugh:

I love it because they left space between CJ and Byron for MB, but in your photoshop, it's like MB arranged to take over the photo with his biceps.

You can't just insert MB in a photo -- he's the face of the franchise so it's both his muscles and his ego that dictate his ultimate placement. :D

Never underetimate the Biceps Club.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Starting to look like Suzuki and Fleury are losing momentum from their call up. As soon as a worthy candidate emerges in the AHL watch a swap happen.

Pretty clear that the writing is on the wall, with Suzuki partly on the outside looking in yesterday at practice and only getting a turn by rotating with KK. Also, there was that ominous comment from Julien yesterday:

Julien: "At a certain point, if he's not playing, we'll have to take a decision."

Reactions: LyricalLyricist

HabsWhiteKnightLOL

Apr 29, 2017
Somewhere on earth in a hospital
Pretty clear that the writing is on the wall, with Suzuki partly on the outside looking in yesterday at practice and only getting a turn by rotating with KK. Also, there was that ominous comment from Julien yesterday:

Julien: "At a certain point, if he's not playing, we'll have to take a decision."

Just put both of them in the AHL at this point , use 7 dmans and cousins and probably call up Hudon

and call it a day , the same flat team

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
One of the main reasons I watched this team this year was to watch the rookies, the rest of the roster is so uninspiring and hopeless.

A rebuild they play
A reset the coach has to sacrifice their development for winning.

What a mess

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
Not a problem for the 20 year old kid to sit one game.
On the surface, I agree. It's just one game. There's a potential upside for Suzuki to step back for a few days.

But I understand why warning buzzers are going off. We've seen this story too many times, where sitting out a kid isn't a teachable moment, but is simply a fearful reaction by a coach who doesn't want to see mistakes. I like Julien and won't jump to conclusions yet, but our awful track record for prospects is embedded much deeper than our faith in the Habs' development.

Plus, I'm going to the game and am pissed that in this season devoted to developing the kids, I'll be seeing almost none of 'em...

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
On the surface, I agree. It's just one game. There's a potential upside for Suzuki to step back for a few days.

But I understand why warning buzzers are going off. We've seen this story too many times, where sitting out a kid isn't a teachable moment, but is simply a fearful reaction by a coach who doesn't want to see mistakes. I like Julien and won't jump to conclusions yet, but our awful track record for prospects is embedded much deeper than our faith in the Habs' development.

Plus, I'm going to the game and am pissed that in this season devoted to developing the kids, I'll be seeing almost none of 'em...

Suzuki will have to earn his spot just like every signal NHL top 6 talent. Julien said it himself with Fleury, if they sit for too long, they will do something about it. It's better to keep them hungry to prove themselves vs giving them the job and letting them struggle.

Suzuki got his shot with Domi and we can't let Domi alone with Lehkonen. Suzuki should be playing as a center in Laval if you want him to learn on the job in a top role. It's a process and the Habs are evaluating him game to game. He might get one more NHL game and if he plays meh, he will get sent down

Reactions: scrubadam

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Just send Suzuki down.

He earned a chance to start with the big club but he needs some AHL time. Call up someone else to sit in the press box.

Same with Fleury. It's ridiculous he's sat this many games.

I think they both get one more NHL game before they decide.

habsfan891

Jun 24, 2012
Nova Scotia
Suzuki will have to earn his spot just like every signal NHL top 6 talent. Julien said it himself with Fleury, if they sit for too long, they will do something about it. It's better to keep them hungry to prove themselves vs giving them the job and letting them struggle.

Suzuki got his shot with Domi and we can't let Domi alone with Lehkonen. Suzuki should be playing as a center in Laval if you want him to learn on the job in a top role. It's a process and the Habs are evaluating him game to game. He might get one more NHL game and if he plays meh, he will get sent down
In reference to Fleury 4 games is already too many so why is he still up here

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
In reference to Fleury 4 games is already too many so why is he still up here

That I don't agree with. Fleury should of played the home opener on the back to back nights. They won't let him sit for too much longer IMO and I bet he gets one more game to show us what he got and if he don't, it's back to Laval.

Maybe they will keep him until Juulsen gets in game shape? Lets face it, Fleury would of not made the team if Juulsen was healthy to start camp

Reactions: scrubadam
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad