GDT: Game #6: St. Louis Blues vs. Vancouver Canucks | Ellie Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bluesnatic27

Aug 5, 2011
In case anyone is confused. I loathe the Canucks. The entire thing: team, fanbase, ownership. I can usually find at least one redeeming feature on every other team.
Not them.

Not the least of which is because my organization has a substantial presence there and the entire flipping office is going to text and email me with variations of "Blues suck" if the Blues allow some microscopic entities to keep them from abusing the Canucks to the point of destitution.

I'm currently attending the University of British Columbia right now, so I'll let you know of all the destroyed faces that I see after the Blues beat the Canucks.

2 Minute Minor

Hi Keeba!
Jun 3, 2008
Temple, Texas
It might have been interesting to see Elliott square off against Miller.

I have to admit, the Canucks don't look so dangerous on paper. (Not necessarily for this game, but just as a contender in general.)

Apr 30, 2012
St. Louis, MO
It might have been interesting to see Elliott square off against Miller.

I have to admit, the Canucks don't look so dangerous on paper. (Not necessarily for this game, but just as a contender in general.)

I'm with you. I was hoping they'd give Elliott the start against Vancouver. But at the same time, it makes sense to give him Chicago. He's hoing to pull the more difficult assignments.

The Note

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 13, 2011
KCMO
I expect a lose..

No disappointment tonight for me

Meh. I think after the game on Sunday and a couple days off they'll win this one. Even with the first of, what I assume will be many, flu bugs running through the team. Something like 4-2 Blues. 3 points for Steen.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
Meh. I think after the game on Sunday and a couple days off they'll win this one. Even with the first of, what I assume will be many, flu bugs running through the team. Something like 4-2 Blues. 3 points for Steen.

I for one never underestimate the capacity for this team to lose. I wont expect the team to turn it around till next week.

KirkOut

EveryoneOut
Nov 23, 2012
USA
If Steen plays, I hope they run SOB line and match them vs. the Sedins all game. The rest of their lineup doesn't seem like nearly as much of an offensive threat. This is the type of game where stacking the lines is a better strategy IMO

Stopsight

Oct 9, 2013
Hawaii
I think losing kesler will be a big factor for Vancouver in this game. We might be able to open them up and get a surprise win

Vincenzo Arelliti

He Can't Play Center
Oct 13, 2014
Lisle, IL
S-O-B all the way.

Is Paajarvi really playing 4th line? I'd much rather see:

Steen - Backes - Oshie
Paajarvi - Berglund - Lindstrom
Schwartz - Lehtera - Tarasenko
Ott - Lapierre - Reaves

I think it could be Swede. If Berglund can be set-up for some one-timers, Paajarvi and Lindstrom's speed would be huge against the older Burrows and Higgins.

PeterAngelo

Feb 26, 2006
Melbourne, Australia
Really hoping the team shows no ill effects of the flu bug tonight because if they do then I have serious, serious reservations about tomorrow's game against the Hawks.

Blues 3 (Paajarvi, Frank, Steen)
Nucks 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad