Post-Game Talk: Game 6 | Senators vs Golden Knights | Thur. Oct. 17th, 10pm | RDS, TSN5

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
N6XAtLy.png

OTTAWA SENATORS (1-4-0) at VEGAS GOLDEN KNIGHTS (4-3-0)
TV: TSN 5, RDS | Radio: TSN 1200

GAME DAY: Senators versus Vegas
Energy: The Senators are certainly hoping the sunshine gives them a lot more of it than they had in Monday’s listless 2-0 defeat to the Minnesota Wild.

Stone ne regrette rien
Finalement, ils [les Knights] étaient la seule équipe avec qui je voulais jouer si ce n’était pas pour être Ottawa. Les choses ont bien tourné, je suis heureux ici, mais beaucoup de choses d’Ottawa me manquent », a confié Stone au Droit

SENS PROJECTED LINEUP

Tkachuk-White-Duclair
Ennis-Tierney-Ryan
Namestikov-Pageau-Brown
Boedker-Szwarz-Paul

Chabot-Zaitsev
Brannstrom-Hainsey
Borowiecki-Demelo

Nilsson
Anderson

KNIGHTS PROJECTED LINEUP

Stone and a bunch
of other guys

LAST MEETING

nGbsnpB.png

:sens
GO SENS!

Last edited:

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
I don`t mind the lines, though they could be better if they bothered calling up NHL caliber players... Not sure what Szwars is doing up or how Paul is supposed to make an impression playing with him and Boedker.

Pierre from Orleans

May 9, 2007
Much better top line. I would have liked Namestikov to be on the second line and Ennis pushed down to the third.

Last edited:

Joeyjoejoe

Dec 18, 2015
What I would have done with the line ups:

Tkachuk-White-Duclair
Namestikov -Tierney-Ryan
Ennis-Pageau-Brown
Paul-Brown- Batherson

Chabot-Zaitsev
Brannstrom- DeMelo
Borowiecki-Hainsey

Nilsson
Anderson

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
One thing I've noticed is that while the forwards get mixed up a bit the D pairings have been very consistent. I'd Like to see them try Brannstrom with DeMelo and see if they compliment one another better than Hainsey and Brannstrom, but looks like we are going with what we see.

SENATOR

Feb 6, 2004
Ottawa
My line up

Tkachuk-Namestikov-Abramov
White -L. Brown-Batherson

Who plays the rest does not matter.......

Chabot-Zaitsev
Brannstrom- DeMelo
Borowiecki-Hainsey

Sen sational

Mar 27, 2019
I don`t mind the lines, though they could be better if they bothered calling up NHL caliber players... Not sure what Szwars is doing up or how Paul is supposed to make an impression playing with him and Boedker.
According to the Mann interview on TSN1200 the other day, Paul has been told that he has to find his role and if he gets the chance to play in the NHL he needs to be physical. They are playing him on the penalty kill now, so there is a role for Paul but he is going to have to up his physical game, any offense he brings to the game will be a bonus. Boedker doesn't make sense but Szwarz is a crash and bang kind of guy, maybe we'll see Sabourin draw in instead of Boedker, if he isn't injured.

SENATOR

Feb 6, 2004
Ottawa
Demelo and Boro actually playing kinda nice together

Boro should be out for good, as soon as Wolanin will come back.

Ideal line up

Tkachuk-Namestikov-Abramov
Balcers -L. Brown-Batherson
*******-White*******
White should understand that he is a third line center for life and should be prepping his game for this.
Tkachuk is not benefiting from playing with White. He should be playing with the best skilled player available. And polish his game.
That's what normal franchise will do, but we are not normal.

Abramov is excellent on the cycle support in the offensive zone, why DJ can not see this. Did he watch any AHL games at all?
Abramov should be developing in NHL, with more skilled players, he is the most ready player after Balcers in AHL.

Larionov

Feb 9, 2005
Ottawa, ON
What I would have done with the line ups:

Tkachuk-White-Duclair
Namestikov -Tierney-Ryan
Ennis-Pageau-Brown
Paul-Brown- Batherson

Chabot-Zaitsev
Brannstrom- DeMelo
Borowiecki-Hainsey

Nilsson
Anderson

I want to see Brown and Batherson here also, but putting them on the fourth line is setting them up to fail. When they come back again, they need top six minutes and someone not named Nick Paul on the wing with them, like say Brady or Namestnikov...

Reactions: Cosmix

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008
Is that the worst 4th line the Sens have iced since 1996? I'm damn near sure GSN would light that line up.

Relatively happy with the rest of the lines up front (as happy as I could be given the personnel anyways).

SENATOR

Feb 6, 2004
Ottawa
I want to see Brown and Batherson here also, but putting them on the fourth line is setting them up to fail. When they come back again, they need top six minutes and someone not named Nick Paul on the wing with them, like say Brady or Namestnikov...

I understand Dorion's strategy.. Cashing out from trading half of the team at the trading deadline for picks. But at the same time, they are wasting picks in the draft, like there is no tomorrow for the franchise. It is so bizarre. Especially, drafting a player, who is due to go to military service and could be drafted in the second round easy for this same reason. Nothing wrong with Brown and Batherson's game, they should be going through growing pains in NHL. Stone became a player in NHL as Hoffman did. They could be developed much yearly. The game will start slow down for them in NHL as soon as they will adjust to the pace. And start putting points on the board. Stone started to excel in NHL, as soon as he started to skate better. The same should be done with Brown and he should be more engaged, that's it. Offence and defense are already there.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Is that the worst 4th line the Sens have iced since 1996? I'm damn near sure GSN would light that line up.

Relatively happy with the rest of the lines up front (as happy as I could be given the personnel anyways).

Idk... Decrepit Kelly, Neil and Robinson was pretty terrible in 2016-17. You can swap out Robinson for McCormick for another terrible line (probably worse tbh).

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008
Idk... Decrepit Kelly, Neil and Robinson was pretty terrible in 2016-17. You can swap out Robinson for McCormick for another terrible line (probably worse tbh).

I took that line into consideration too (the McCormick version anyways, Buddy Robinson had long been erased from my mind) but I think even an old/broken Kelly and need could at least provide something (defensive presence, physical play) that guys like Boedker and Swarz won't provide. Tonight's 4th line just seems like the definition of "filler" to me, whereas I could at least see the logic in having Kelly and Neil that season (even though they were also awful and it didn't work out).

I'm trying to think back to some combo that had Josh Hennessy in it, or maybe Lapointe/Bass/McGrattan? This line is a contender though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad