Post-Game Talk: Game 6 | Senators vs Golden Knights | Thur. Oct. 17th, 10pm | RDS, TSN5

FormentonTheFuture

Sep 29, 2017
I understand Dorion's strategy.. Cashing out from trading half of the team at the trading deadline for picks. But at the same time, they are wasting picks in the draft, like there is no tomorrow for the franchise. It is so bizarre. Especially, drafting a player, who is due to go to military service and could be drafted in the second round easy for this same reason. Nothing wrong with Brown and Batherson's game, they should be going through growing pains in NHL. Stone became a player in NHL as Hoffman did. They could be developed much yearly. The game will start slow down for them in NHL as soon as they will adjust to the pace. And start putting points on the board. Stone started to excel in NHL, as soon as he started to skate better. The same should be done with Brown and he should be more engaged, that's it. Offence and defense are already there.
Military service absolutely does not affect draft position.

SPF6ty9

Feb 22, 2016
Caca Poopoo Peepee Shire
Is that the worst 4th line the Sens have iced since 1996? I'm damn near sure GSN would light that line up.

Relatively happy with the rest of the lines up front (as happy as I could be given the personnel anyways).

Senators' Mark Borowiecki ready to move forward with new challenge

In all honesty, I’m excited,” Borowiecki said before Tuesday’s game against the Florida Panthers, where he lined up on the left wing of an old-school crash-and-bang fourth line alongside David Dziurzynski and Chris Neil.

That's a pretty tough one to beat.

Alex1234

Oct 14, 2014
I don`t mind the lines, though they could be better if they bothered calling up NHL caliber players... Not sure what Szwars is doing up or how Paul is supposed to make an impression playing with him and Boedker.
Agree but also feel like Paul is waiting to be 29 on a line with McDavid to make an impression

Alex1234

Oct 14, 2014
My line up

Tkachuk-Namestikov-Abramov
White -L. Brown-Batherson

Who plays the rest does not matter.......

Chabot-Zaitsev
Brannstrom- DeMelo
Borowiecki-Hainsey
Only player I enjoyed watching so far this October has been Duclair...

Also 6-1 Veguce tonight

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
I took that line into consideration too (the McCormick version anyways, Buddy Robinson had long been erased from my mind) but I think even an old/broken Kelly and need could at least provide something (defensive presence, physical play) that guys like Boedker and Swarz won't provide. Tonight's 4th line just seems like the definition of "filler" to me, whereas I could at least see the logic in having Kelly and Neil that season (even though they were also awful and it didn't work out).

I'm trying to think back to some combo that had Josh Hennessy in it, or maybe Lapointe/Bass/McGrattan? This line is a contender though.

Eh, to me by that point Kelly's skating had erased any hint of defensive presence of physicality.

It's hard to go back and validate lines, so while there may have been some horrendous combo like Bala Ylonen Ciernik or Dahlman-Langfield-Hull, I can't say they played as a line

Heck, for all I know we had a line of Phil Crowe, Dave Hannon and Denny Lambert. They played in at least a game together, so maybe...

Silencio

Nov 6, 2006
Toronto
If Ottawa wants to beat Vegas tonight they should just tell Mark Stone to treat this like a playoff elimination game.

:sarcasm:

TheDebater

Peace be upon you
Mar 10, 2016
Ottawa
Boro should be out for good, as soon as Wolanin will come back.

I realize that is a popular opinion and Borowiecki is definitely not a top 6 on some teams, however, I have watched almost every game this year and Borowiecki has been one of our best defenseman. He is blocking shots, he is not getting beat too often, he makes the safe play and is obviously a bull and tough to play against. He is also a +2 on a team that has only scored 12 goals in 5 games (2.4 avg) and has allowed 19 goals against (3.8 avg) which to me is representative of his play so far this season. The fact he has been on the ice for more goals for than against deserves some credit.

Sometimes I really wish people would allow their opinions to actually fluctuate based on the present and not simply a prejudiced opinion based on years past or some "reputation" a player has built. Same goes for DeMelo, Tierney and Ryan this season who have played better yet they get piled on by people who do not even watch the games but have a pre-formulated opinion based on last year. These are the same people who will tell you Tkachuk is having a good season (just because) where in the games I have watched, he has been equal to the guys mentioned above and not much better...thus far.

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
When everyone is healthy, would be cool to see:

Tkachuk-White-Duclair
Namestnikov-Anisimov-C.Brown
Balcers-Tierney-Ryan
Paul-Pageau-Ennis

Chabot-Zaitsev
Brannstrom-Hainsey
Wolanin-DeMelo
Boro

Then call-up Formenton, Brown, Batherson, etc after the deadline

Reactions: DrEasy

SENATOR

Feb 6, 2004
Ottawa
I realize that is a popular opinion and Borowiecki is definitely not a top 6 on some teams, however, I have watched almost every game this year and Borowiecki has been one of our best defenseman. He is blocking shots, he is not getting beat too often, he makes the safe play and is obviously a bull and tough to play against. He is also a +2 on a team that has only scored 12 goals in 5 games (2.4 avg) and has allowed 19 goals against (3.8 avg) which to me is representative of his play so far this season. The fact he has been on the ice for more goals for than against deserves some credit.

Sometimes I really wish people would allow their opinions to actually fluctuate based on the present and not simply a prejudiced opinion based on years past or some "reputation" a player has built. Same goes for DeMelo, Tierney and Ryan this season who have played better yet they get piled on by people who do not even watch the games but have a pre-formulated opinion based on last year. These are the same people who will tell you Tkachuk is having a good season (just because) where in the games I have watched, he has been equal to the guys mentioned above and not much better...thus far.

Boro can not skate with a puck. In the new NHL you have to able to do this, or you not the NHL player anymore. The same goes to DeMelo.
The game now is all about pace, skating and interchanging between defense and forwards. Good teams do not even get boxed very often at their zone anymore, because defense is so mobile now and using the active sticks. All of this prevents boxing in the zone. Teams like the Senators get boxed in their zones more often, because of the lackluster forwards and not very mobile defense, who can not skate with the puck of the boards.

Peptic Balcers

May 1, 2010
Ottawa, Canada
Boro and Demelo have the highest corsi% out of Ottawa's defense, while getting around 64% of d zone starts (64.7% and 63.6% respectively). Likely has to do with being on the ice less often more than anything, but still. I'd say Demelo has been complementing to Boro, and they look fine on the 3rd pairing.

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
According to the Mann interview on TSN1200 the other day, Paul has been told that he has to find his role and if he gets the chance to play in the NHL he needs to be physical. They are playing him on the penalty kill now, so there is a role for Paul but he is going to have to up his physical game, any offense he brings to the game will be a bonus. Boedker doesn't make sense but Szwarz is a crash and bang kind of guy, maybe we'll see Sabourin draw in instead of Boedker, if he isn't injured.

That message to Paul sounds like it is new but should have been sent years ago.

Deku

I'm off the planet
Nov 5, 2011
Ottawa
I was driving to work today listening to Team 1200, and they're still playing Sens tickets ads promoting all the new and exciting rookies.

... Featuring 28-year-old AHL lifer Jordan Szwarz. :laugh:

It's actually brutal. I think we're only playing 1 actual rookie?
Plus Sabourin and Swarz

Reactions: Alex1234

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad