Post-Game Talk: Game 6: Preds vs Panthers | 7:00 PM CST

NoNecksCurse

Oct 19, 2011
Entertaining game-

When is the last time we had an empty net goal??? Seems like we never get one

this has alot to do with personnel on the ice imo. we go with guys like gaustad who are defensively responsible but not exactly road runners. just enough speed to get it out of the zone. our team passing is sub-par which is essential to getting up ice 6 on 5 and hitting the empty net. leggy's wheels have gotten him his share of empty nets. too bad his age is starting to show a little.

StarvinArvyn33

Jun 18, 2010
Yesterday
minus bartley batting the puck like it was a live grenade and webers hideous slot turnover, we played a great game.

We had a nice offensive presence and even stalberg late in the game had some nice chances and seemed to feel comfortable out there.

We have to be tighter defensively. Though FLA does have some incredible young talent but still. Barkov and Huberdeau are amazing.

101st_fan

I taught Yoda
Oct 22, 2005
Near where sand and waves meet.
Shea has more empty net goals than Legwand over the two seasons. If you go back three seasons, Leggy has one more ENG than Shea. Sometimes perception overrides reality.

We played a good offensive game tonight. Pressure on Markstrom ... 50 shot attempts ... 30 SOG .... actually had guys in the slot facing the goal while looking for rebounds and redirects. Something to build upon. Defensively we had a few gaffes. A poorly thought out and executed puck slap resulted in their second goal. An attempted pass breakup went into the goal off Leggy's stick. A series of screwups led to their first goal ... along with a great play by Huberdeau. Defense used to be our strong suit, now it's defensive lapses that cost us.

Still, we're back at .500 hockey with a "winning streak" ... now to keep building on that. I'll restock the Jasper Daniel stockage to help out.

drwpreds

Mar 19, 2012
Birmingham
Very encouraged by the offense tonight- especially Craig Smith. Maybe I'm crazy but I think we have the potential to be a decent offensive team.......

The defense on the other hand, is a little concerning- as someone else mentioned, our zone awareness seems to be really lacking- its not like we are giving up a ton of shots or anything, but we are definitely not playing normal Predators-style defense. Every time Florida crossed the blue line I was holding my breath.......

Big game Thursday- if we can go 4-1 on the homestand and 4-3 overall after 7, I would consider that a huge success.........

jwhouk

Former Cheesehead, Always a Preds Fan
Apr 19, 2004
Valley of the Sun
jwhouk.net
That was the 182nd time the Preds have scored 4 goals at home in franchise history. Frostys for everyone! :)

Oh, and the last EN Goal was April 2, 2013 vs. Colorado. Goose potted one with assists from Leggy and Klein in a 3-1 win at the Bridge.

The next ENG will be the 100th for the club (regular season and playoffs combined).

dulzhok

Feb 20, 2003
Visit site
Very encouraged by the offense tonight- especially Craig Smith. Maybe I'm crazy but I think we have the potential to be a decent offensive team.......

The defense on the other hand, is a little concerning- as someone else mentioned, our zone awareness seems to be really lacking- its not like we are giving up a ton of shots or anything, but we are definitely not playing normal Predators-style defense. Every time Florida crossed the blue line I was holding my breath.......

Big game Thursday- if we can go 4-1 on the homestand and 4-3 overall after 7, I would consider that a huge success.........
Klein will always be Klein. He'll have spurts of good, but then totally whiff. He's very frustrating. I don't think he will ever find true consistency in his NHL career.

We need Josi back, but still will have depth issues.

Did we sign Bartley to a one-way contract? If so, add to the list of Poile's demise the last 3 years.

hockey diva

RIP Pred303
Sponsor
May 17, 2010
Beleriand
Yes, I decided to keep up Adzy's tradition over here.

A good chunk of the play for both teams was laughably bad.

And we have a humiliated LA Kings squad coming in Thursday. Could get ugly

ThirdManIn

Aug 9, 2009

nashpreds

Sep 13, 2008
Toronto
Craig Smith had an outstanding game tonight, he seemed to be just everywhere.

Overall a good win with some miscues here and there but I liked how the team played for the most part.

Flgatorguy87

Jul 7, 2011
East Nasty
It isn't even a million per year. Relax a little. It isn't like sending him down and paying him $600k to play in the minors would break us, and there's still the chance some team decides to pick him up on waivers.

Bartley played great last year and earned that contract. He hasn't played well thus far, but at 6 games in I think talks of waiving him are a little premature. He is what he is...a young 3rd liner for a solid price. If he regains his steady play then I would love to have him on our bottom line for the full length of that contract. That line will need some time to gel, and is very lacking in experience so its no surprise that they have struggled.

WartracePred

Sep 29, 2009
Bartley's horrible. Fire Trotz for not giving enough ice time to Stalberg. Forsberg should never be paired with Goose, Hendricks, nor Nystrom. We suck, can't compete. Terrible Corsi. Poile spent too much on grinders. The system blows. Starting slow every year isn't acceptable. What, they've won back to back games. So, big deal. Trotz's system sucks. Klein will never be consistent. Attendance is inflated. Cooper is uninformed. And most importantly, I didn't like the way Weber threw the free t-shirt into the stands when he was announced the 3rd star of the game! Just skated on to the ice, tossed it without looking into the stands, and hurried back to the tunnel. What an ass!!

PredsV82

Rest easy, 303, and thank you.
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Schroedingers box
To answer my own question, yes, we signed Bartley to a 3 YEAR ONE WAY deal. Horrible Poile.
http://www.ontheforecheck.com/2013/6/19/4445196/nashville-predators-news-vic-bartley-contract

wow, a guy who is at worst a #7 d man is signed for barely above league minimum.... yeah poile, you suck..

:shakehead

Not sure if Wartrace is being serious or sarcastic

Im betting on sarcastic, esp with the Weber t-shirt toss thing.... Cant actually be that negative after a win... now if it had been a dulz post... :D

PredsV82

Rest easy, 303, and thank you.
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Schroedingers box
I didnt see the game but I would think this would be mostly encouraging... the offense starting to score goals, and especially Smith getting what will hopefully be a confidence builder and Weber getting cranked up..

we have to remember that our defense right now is still effectively Weber, Klein and 4 rookies.... the defense will improve with time... Im just waiting for Rinne to get back to full on superman mode... right now he' just a good NHL goalie, but he has yet to steal a game for us like he usually does at least every couple of weeks...

basically though, everything is trending upward...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad