Game 6: Preds vs. Kings 2-1 Shootout Loss

mbar

Dec 7, 2006
Los Angeles
Both teams deserved to lose. What a **** game. Glad we are hitting the road for a while.

I will never understand how people can be so high after a shoot out win and so low after a shootout loss. They are the same result. Shootouts are stupid.

KingKopitar11*

realistically besides the blues and excluding the playoffs, we are such a boring team to watch. :shakehead

well sometimes we aren't. But over 60%

Jun 30, 2006
Nobody can blame Quick for this. Quick was far from the problem tonight.He saved the game in the 3rd after some brutal turnovers! A shootout can go either way

Quick didn't have a great game, its not like he faced a ton of shots either. He was asleep on the first goal and blew it in the SO, he knows it.

CTKingsFan

6/11/12 & 6/13/14
Nov 23, 2008
Connecticut
Well that was a boring game. Up until the last few minutes of the 3rd that was a sleeper...

I'm done with this Clifford on the Richards line gig... Okay he had his good games, he got his award, now put him back where he belongs. Gagne needs to be on that line! We're struggling to score and we need offensive! What we don't need is grinders on the top lines and offensive talented players (ie: Penner) sitting in the press box!

Clifford needs to move down. Gagne should on the Richards/Carter line, King needs to sit and Penner needs to be in the game.

Starting to get frustrated with Sutter's coaching decisions. Yeah, yeah I know he won us the cup! But to use Sutter's saying... It's not about what you did in the past or what you can do. It's about what your doing right now.

haelwho

Mar 8, 2006
Boston
First couple weeks should shake some of the bandwagoners off who didn't suffer through the first half of the season last year, so that's nice.

Good:
Doughty is so ******* money this year
Carter has been the only guy consistently buzzing in the offensive zone
Gagne had a nice night
Drewiske was solid
Muzzin was good early
Lewis has been pretty consistently doing his thing all year
Scuderi is a rock

Bad:
Kopitar was really off tonight
Richards is playing like he's coming off a crack binge, so shaky out there
Williams has never been great with the puck in open ice, but he's looking pretty slow right now
Voynov isn't carrying the puck like he did down the stretch, looks kind of like he did in the playoffs
King is nowhere near where he was last year, don't know what's up there
Stoll

Muzzinga

Regehr GOAT
Oct 30, 2009
Stoll had a hilarious shift in OT. He wins faceoff in his own zone, Kings pass it around behind their net for a bit, puck ends up on Stolls stick in hte corner with noone around. His options are pass it to Kopitar standing all alone up the boards, pass it to Doughty I think it was, standing in the other corner all alone, skate it out, or just clear the puck if you must.

He opts to stand still for a couple of seconds, then pass to a Predator

Nice, thats nice

haelwho

Mar 8, 2006
Boston
Stoll had a hilarious shift in OT. He wins faceoff in his own zone, Kings pass it around behind their net for a bit, puck ends up on Stolls stick in hte corner with noone around. His options are pass it to Kopitar standing all alone up the boards, pass it to Doughty I think it was, standing in the other corner all alone, skate it out, or just clear the puck if you must.

Nice, thats nice

My favorite was when Stoll picked up the puck from the corner, cut to the middle, looked up and saw Hal Gill I think it was, and you could tell he had the idea that he should try to deke quickly but crashed right into Gill before he could process it.

Eagle Fang

Less Defending, More Offending
Oct 12, 2005

Nice, thats nice

At least he won the faceoff. It's a start.

KingKopitar11*

My favorite was when Stoll picked up the puck from the corner, cut to the middle, looked up and saw Hal Gill I think it was, and you could tell he had the idea that he should try to deke quickly but crashed right into Gill before he could process it.

Haha me and my family cracked up when we saw that he just skated into his chest.

Ron*

If anyone in here is superstitious, you can blame Staples Center for the loss. After the Kopitar shootout goal, they flashed "Kings Win" all over the place.

I didn't even notice that. Guess my eyes were glued to the ice.

Ron*

Quick didn't have a great game, its not like he faced a ton of shots either. He was asleep on the first goal and blew it in the SO, he knows it.

I'm not sure which game you were watching, but there were about 50 players screening Quick on that first goal. He never saw it.

He did look bad in the shootout. Worst I've ever seen him.

Ron*

Muzzin played a helluva game tonight. He stopped every puck headed for center ice at the blue line, and that save he made in the third period was pure gold.

Ron*

Notice how the teams the Kings play against have a high shot block count? I think the Kings are helping the cause. They're taking too much time to tee off on shots, they're too predictable, they are not changing the angle of their shot, they just shoot in a straight line. That's why half their games have ended with the team scoring one goal.

QFT.

The fans are frustrated...all around me at Staples I am hearing "shoot it!" I made that same observation you made (the bolded part). They need to be much more quicker on the trigger. You can see the shot coming a mile away (which is just about where I sit). Even the most knuckleheaded Predator could get the block, its that easy.

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Mullett Lake, MI

Nice, thats nice

What more do you expect from the Kings version of Leon Lett. Also love his shootout attempt. The whole league knows his one move, high glove. they have adjusted, yet he still tries it despite Rinne being 15 feet from the crease. The guy has **** for brains, he is without question the most useless player on the roster, and he gets worse with each passing game. Happy we re-signed him for that hometown discount, of 3 million a year.

Better finally marry one of these celebs Stool, doubt there will be many celebs in Europe or whatever minor league town you end up in when this albatross contract is over.

Bandit

Jul 23, 2005
Unemployed in Greenland
I continue to be amazed that a team with this much talent can't score goals. Carter is the only guy in the top 6 that came ready to play. I never thought I would have said that... I wouldn't be surprised to see Penner in for King next game either.

Ron*

I wouldn't be surprised to see Penner in for King next game either.

Agreed. Penner's big body would do well against a team like the Ducks.

Got tickets to go to that disaster of a hockey venue too. I can't believe how bush the Honda Center is compared to Staples Center. But its just down the 57 freeway for me, so its an easy decision to attend.

Bandit

Jul 23, 2005
Unemployed in Greenland
Agreed. Penner's big body would do well against a team like the Ducks.

Got tickets to go to that disaster of a hockey venue too. I can't believe how bush the Honda Center is compared to Staples Center. But its just down the 57 freeway for me, so its an easy decision to attend.

I might be going as well (with a ducks fan, no less). I've only ever been to the pond once for hockey years ago and I remember the rink felt like an outhouse back then. I can't imagine it's improved much over the years.

One other observation about the powerplay, though I'm sure everyone knows at this point, is that there is absolutely no reason to have any of Kopitar, Doughty or Richards at the top of the umbrella since they are completely unwilling to shoot the puck. Muzzin & Martinez might not be sexy, but at least they put the puck on goal as much as they can. Same goes for Carter. Guy shoots everything. The rest of these dudes should take note...

losingsand

Apr 13, 2007
Pasadena, ca
neither team deserved points tonight, that was one sloppy flustercluck of a hockey game.

some observations:

--Quick definitely looked a bit "off" in the shootout and other scrambley plays down low. Maybe i'm reading abit into the body language. I think its less physical, and it's a bit more mental. Makes me wonder if the new contract is playing into it. Doughty and Kopitar both had very off years after getting the money. Come to think of it, ALL PRO sports athletes always get a bit heady when they sign the big deal.
--Dwight King had his coming out party in the playoffs, so did Joel Ward, Fernando Pisani, and Sean Bergenheim. King has been very disappointing so far, I honestly wasn't expecting much, but he hasn't even been playing BIG, which is effective if he's not scoring. Nolan is by far outplaying Kinger.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad