Game 6: Preds vs. Kings 2-1 Shootout Loss

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Mullett Lake, MI
LOL at anyone blaming Quick.

This team once again has scoring issues, the problems we thought were solved in getting Carter are huge again because Richards is a shell of his former self. I think when addressing where this team is at, it's time to consider Richards a 45 point center going forward. And is that what you need from a 2nd line center on a team bult on strength down the middle?

There getting absolutely nothing from the 3rd line, King for as great as he was in the playoffs looks like crap. Stoll is barely an NHL player at this point and Lewis has no hands.

Just be thankful we have a goalie and a solid defense that has let us get 3 points in the last 2 games despite only scoring 3 goals.

The point is, the Kings need to be looking to upgrade at the deadline, either a goal-scoring winger or a second line center capable of creating offense.

Little Psycho

I solemnly swear I'm up to no good
Feb 4, 2007
Non-Yah
What a bad, strange game. Can't believe I chose to miss Suits.

sherlock4_zpsc4ea384a.gif

kingsholygrail

Slewfoots Everywhere
Sponsor
Dec 21, 2006
Derpifornia
I remember a SO just like this against Edmonton on Simmonds' birthday and it was like the Kings just couldn't get that last save.

Shellz

May 6, 2009
California
Who is blaming Quick? Pointing out that giving up 4 out of 9 shots is a terrible perentage in a GDT is just giving an obvservation. We all make 10 to 15 obvservations over the course of a game day thread, good and bad.

OH.. okay. So, out of everything you decide to bring up his "bad" stats against the SO.. but you aren't blaming him? RIGHTO. I just want to make sure you are pointing fingers at the right people.

bobafettish*

who is this dan morriaty guy, couldn't the hire some hot chick.

SLang

Nov 29, 2005
Huntington Beach, CA
So I think we've pretty much determined that our offensive woes fall at the feet of the players, not the coaches, right? It's like they just don't turn it on until their backs are against the wall. Oh well, as long as it turns out like last year, whatever works....

LOL at Sutter post game:

Reporter: "what happened?"

Sutter: "scored one goal"

Reporter: "what's it gonna take?"

Sutter: "score two"

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
Notice how the teams the Kings play against have a high shot block count? I think the Kings are helping the cause. They're taking too much time to tee off on shots, they're too predictable, they are not changing the angle of their shot, they just shoot in a straight line. That's why half their games have ended with the team scoring one goal.

Jetteroheller

Jul 9, 2010
Saskatoon
Brown is either reeaaaly bad on his SO attempts or pretty good, tonight he was sick :) Unfortunately most people remember all his reeaaaly bad attempts. ;)

Shellz

May 6, 2009
California
Once Elementary starts again, I'm gonna have a problem. Suits and Elementary start at the SAME TIME.

I had no idea that was show. I was quite confused:laugh:

I still don't understand what they practice on during the powerplay? Obviously it's going to be different come game time. But, do they not know how to move the puck around quick enough? I can't count how many shots got blocked on the powerplay.. I'm tired of watching Doughty shoot it.

Muzzinga

Regehr GOAT
Oct 30, 2009
he had a real ****** game. i thought it was DS letting him know

ye, but thats some of the lolthinking that costs points.

Its so stupid that a coach who is paid millions, costs his team win equity by rewarding a player, or because someone is 'hot tonight'.

Ye it doesnt cost much equity, prob like 5% of a point. But if you do that in every shootout, you could end up costing your team 1 point for no reason

Bet Sutter is also the type who thinks 'Jacks are hot tonight' while playing poker

Vamos Rafa

Jan 11, 2010
Armenia, California
And Stoll needs to ****ing learn a new move in shootouts. Same ol wrist shot that goalies have figured out time and time again. Goalies don't need the coach showing his moves on the iPad. Too predictable. He's got a lot more moves when it comes to picking up chicks, FFS.

KingKopitar11*

Man the goals scored on Quick were nice goals. No blame on him, Richards kopitar brown made NHL player Pekka Rinne look terrible too.

They should really stop putting Stoll on shootouts. Clifford or nolan. They both have dangles. (that sounds wrong) :laugh:

KingKopitar11*

One thing I think we can all agree on that should change is that when doughty goes coast to coast our players stand around too much and dont support him. Its annoying, he goes through everyone and no ones in front of the net :shakehead

dryz

Feb 10, 2011
Czechia
I think I have to find another team to cheer for in regular season because this is unwatchable.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad