GDT: Game 6: Preds @ Avs| 4/22, 5pm MT | It Aint Over Yet

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
McNabb couldn't figure out who Girard reminded him of. But for me, it is Duncan Keith.

There aren't too many defenseman built like him, that play like him. A prime Toby Enstrom has always been my closest comparison. Minus the drop off in his career the last few years.

member 116861

61Vg6-k2ytL._SX450_.jpg

GeniusSuperior

Sep 30, 2010
Awesome season. I enjoyed it so much. At the start, I was hoping to look like a competent team and not like last year. Looking forward to what the future brings for us, though I’ll miss a lot of next year moving to Japan starting after training camp. I’ll still be keeping track and cheering the boys on.

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
This team should be back stronger next year but the only thing I'm worried about is injuries. You can't win in the playoffs with so many key players hurt, and Varly, EJ being hurt all the time is worrying.

WarriorOfGandhi

Was saying Boo-urns
Jul 31, 2007
Denver, CO
lads, I don't know much of anything about the sport that is ice hockey. I know it's a game played on a surface that man was never meant to be upon. I know it's a game of bruises and inches and heart and various other sports cliches. I know that was by far the most compelling season of hockey the Avalanche have played this decade.

I know all these things, and I hope that optimism for the future is not misguided.

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
I'm extremely proud of this team. They didn't quit all season, gave us a hell a good run this year, and lots of a reasons to be excited moving forward.

It doesn't mean I'm not pissed off about their performance tonight. It was a truly awful performance tonight, I really can't pick one guy that played well. Nashville is a good team, but we gave it to them tonight. I hope this game stings our guys a bit and propels them to a summer of hard work.

Bottom line though is simple it was a great season and was a ton of fun to be a part of, but don't get complacent. The goal next year should be to get even further and expand on the success we had this year. I personally think we finally have the right group of guys who have their heads on straight and know the goal isn't just making the playoffs it's winning a Cup.

Cheers to a good season, I think I'm going to take a little break from HF and not think about hockey for a bit.

Reactions: Spleenless Wonder21

Couchhasbeens

Mar 16, 2018
There first priority should be to sign Siemens and Warsofsky.. there our number one defensive pairing..may the hockey gods make it happen.are future depends on it

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
Just got back from the game. It sucks to go out this way, but winning two games this series was my realistic hope, so can't be too upset. At least for 5 of the 6 games, we looked like we belonged in the playoffs against the President's Trophy winners.

Hopefully, the team learned from these six games and grew. I wouldn't have traded this season for anything.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
It has been a pleasure talkin' puck with you folks. Let's do it again next year!

Seriously though, after a season that truly broke me as a fan I'm beyond elated for everything that took place this year. What a bounceback!

Just gonna savor this for a while before getting back into the swing of things. To be honest I'm pretty burned out on hockey. But I'll be ready when the puck drops again in October 2018.

Good luck to the Preds...they earned it. The fact the Avs gave them an actual series banged up as they are speaks volumes.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad