Pre-Game Talk: Game 6 PDSF : Canucks @ Flames | 6PM PST | Saturday

Status
Not open for further replies.

JuniorNelson

Jan 21, 2010
E.Vancouver
Canucks played their game in front of Miller. This might have been a hidden issue. They play a different game in front of Lack and it was not effective. Lack has not shown the ability to shut down the Flames. Miller has done it twice in two games.

Miller is unsmiling and intense. Lack is light-hearted and silly. One guy and his attitude can make a difference. Bieksa kept it tight last game, too. A big difference. Baertshi had a different outlook than Burrows. These are all cumulative factors.

Have the officials in this series ever heard of "Charging"? It's a penalty. NHL style game management continues to meddle in game outcomes. Are they trying to reduce the game to scripted drama like pro wrestling? This does not grow the game, this lessens it, greatly! FFS!

Canucks have a better chance now than at any previous time in the series. THe crowd in Calgary is not going to take any shifts, so I do not see any advantages Calgary has.

Canucks 3 Flames 1

Johnny Canucker

Jan 4, 2009
Hoping the players go visit Burr in the hospital today or tomorrow before the game. I think they would no??

thepuckmonster

Professional Winner.
Oct 25, 2011
Vancouver
Canucks played their game in front of Miller. This might have been a hidden issue. They play a different game in front of Lack and it was not effective. Lack has not shown the ability to shut down the Flames. Miller has done it twice in two games.

Miller is unsmiling and intense. Lack is light-hearted and silly. One guy and his attitude can make a difference. Bieksa kept it tight last game, too. A big difference. Baertshi had a different outlook than Burrows. These are all cumulative factors.

Have the officials in this series ever heard of "Charging"? It's a penalty. NHL style game management continues to meddle in game outcomes. Are they trying to reduce the game to scripted drama like pro wrestling? This does not grow the game, this lessens it, greatly! FFS!

Canucks have a better chance now than at any previous time in the series. THe crowd in Calgary is not going to take any shifts, so I do not see any advantages Calgary has.

Canucks 3 Flames 1

I think that Miller being able to play the puck well helps our breakout because we don't have much luck moving abilities on the back end.

McHortton

Accidental Tank 2016
Jun 28, 2013
Vancouver
I didn't think Sven had a very good game but obviously tough to be thrown into your first playoff game like that, he'll be more comfortable game 2 (if he plays)!

Go nucks go!

Last edited by a moderator:

Baby Pettersson

Mar 8, 2014
Saskatoon
I didn't think Sven had a very good game but obviously tough to be thrown into your first playoff game like that, he'll be more comfortable game 2 (if he plays)!

Go nucks go!

I agree. First game with us in the regular season he looked very meh. But by the second game he looked miles better and scored 2 goals. Hoping this is once again the case.

IntangiBo

Aug 15, 2014
Tomorrow is going to be an epic night! Hosting a pub crawl and our first stop is a hostel bar. Perfect place to watch the game before we move on with the rest of our itinerary (after the game of course lol). Marathon OT? I'll have my co-host take over and I'll just hang out and watch the game myself lol.

Once again: just win!

One man's epic....

thekernel

Apr 11, 2011
It just...does not feel like the season should end, game 6, in Calgary. I can't quite describe the feeling. I can't imagine how I will react if we don't win, but right now, it just does not feel like a game we will lose.

ProstheticConscience

Check dein Limit
Apr 30, 2010
Canuck Nation
One game at a time, one shift at a time.

Last game, they discovered Flames can also make mistakes and turn pucks over when you get in on them quickly enough. Here's to hoping they remember that.

Really comes down to our D. Can they go more than one or two shifts without giving the puck away? Can they actually go into a corner with a Flame and come away with the puck? Will they stop reverting to submissive urination in the face of adversity?

Time will tell.

And I really really want the Red Mile consumed in a sea of tears by the time this is all over.

Ozone

Jan 19, 2013
Do not go gentle into that good night...

Dylan Thomas' poem is applied perfectly here.

We have not achieved what we could have, or wanted to...yet.
Fight, and face your struggles head on boys, and leave nothing whatsoever to remotely regret. Give your all, and leave everything on the ice, with all your might.

"Rage, rage against the dying of the light."

Oliewud

May 13, 2013
It just...does not feel like the season should end, game 6, in Calgary. I can't quite describe the feeling. I can't imagine how I will react if we don't win, but right now, it just does not feel like a game we will lose.

that's the beauty of the playoffs my friend

Ozone

Jan 19, 2013
Apr2415_BTL12_title_REAL_std.jpg

Gotta love Eddie. He's the Zach Galifianakis of our Nucks Pack.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad