Pre-Game Talk: Game 6 PDSF : Canucks @ Flames | 6PM PST | Saturday

Status
Not open for further replies.

polarbearcub

May 7, 2011
Vancouver
@VanCanucks: "There's pressure on both sides for sure. We can't lose and they don't want to, but we're feeling better today than a few days ago" - Bonino

@VanCanucks: "We feel good. If we control our emotions again and play like we did in Game 5, we'll be fine" - Horvat #Canucks

@VanCanucks: "We're a good team on the road and we have a chance to prove that. We'll break the game down into little segments and take it slow" - Bieksa

Soups On

Apr 27, 2012
I chose not to watch last game and they won. I will take another fall, brethren. The temptation is mighty, but I will not watch the next game in the hopes that the team takes it home!

Karl Hungus

Oct 6, 2007
Let's go, *****.

Woo, that gave me chills. That's the precise moment I became a Canuck fan for life. It was the first game I ever went to. Standing room tickets behind the Canucks net. I wasn't able to see Trevor put the puck in the net because everyone stood up in front of me when the rebound popped out. Such an awesome night.

CCF23

Jul 11, 2008
Richmond, BC
It has been true all season with how often we've given up the first goal, and will hopefully ring true this series. I've said it before and I'll say it again, our motto this year should be "how you finish".

Bring it back home, boys.

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Take this one and bring it home for Game 7.
Would be nice if we could score early and expose Hiller a bit. Right now I think it's a combination of him playing really well and the Canucks messing up their scoring chances. Could really use a big game from Vrbata one of our few big time scoring threats.

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
Tomorrow is going to be an epic night! Hosting a pub crawl and our first stop is a hostel bar. Perfect place to watch the game before we move on with the rest of our itinerary (after the game of course lol). Marathon OT? I'll have my co-host take over and I'll just hang out and watch the game myself lol.

Once again: just win!

Luongos Knob

PDO Kings
Jan 20, 2009
Tomorrow is going to be an epic night! Hosting a pub crawl and our first stop is a hostel bar. Perfect place to watch the game before we move on with the rest of our itinerary (after the game of course lol). Marathon OT? I'll have my co-host take over and I'll just hang out and watch the game myself lol.

Thanks for the update

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011
Okay, they proven they can win at home. Now can they win on the road?

The Flames have gotten the jump and the early goal in both games in Calgary and it has resulted in the the Canucks chasing the Flames around the rink both times. Fully believe the Canucks are in a good position if they score early. While this Flames team is a resilient bunch, they have shown a tendency to lose their composure and stride away from their hard-hitting game when trailing (aside from Game 1).

The Canucks need to expose the Flames youth and inexperience (expose them for who they are - Toews). Ridiculous how they let them off the hook in games 3 and 4.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
Agreed second line looks so much better with him on it

It really did. Baertschi may not have shown up on the scoresheet, but he did a good job of going to dirty areas and drawing defenders to him. He got open in the slot a few times, too - just had his shots get deflected off defending sticks.

Looked a bit nervous early and blew a tire a couple of times, but overall, promising effort. Hope he has a big game tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad