Game 6: Nashville Predators @ Phoenix Coyotes |1-28-13| 7PM

Plub

Part time Leaf fan
Jan 9, 2011
Arizona
So that Boedker guy is pretty good.

Good game so far. Much more of the style we are use to seeing the 'Yotes play.

zz

Nov 1, 2006
Yandle the turnover machine. I can't watch him trying to enter the zone.

Material Defender

Mar 22, 2011
I love how Johnson holds his glove up high. If i was a goalie i'd do the same.

I personaly do! Kelly Hrudey used this technique, saying it was easier (and quicker) to move his glove from up to down than the opposite, which is quite logic.

Don't know if that makes me a better goalie tho... :)

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
Lol, predators doing a full court press style PK. And it's working. Guess the Yotes forget how to go D to D.

Plub

Part time Leaf fan
Jan 9, 2011
Arizona
Yikes, Yandle has been playing better but that move just now against four preds that went back the other way was just silly.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Up 2 going into the third with an AHL goalie

UnGyK.jpg

pacerhimself

Mar 17, 2012
Was at the game but not feeling too hot so I had to head home before the 2nd. Catching the rest on TV. Good on Korpi to put that one home.

lockstock

Dec 16, 2007
Kauai
I remember last year, Schlemko was playing better and was being described as a poor man's Yandle. I keep seeing him getting better and doing a lot of the little things Yandle used to do. I think a better way to describe them is that Yandle is a drunken rich fool's Schlemko.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
I keep seeing him getting better and doing a lot of the little things Yandle used to do. I think a better way to describe them is that Yandle is a drunken rich fool's Schlemko.

Yandle's game is nothing special. It's easy to imitate. You just have to score and contribute offensively to make it worth it to the coaching staff. Mike Green has made a career out of this. So did Deron Quint. Doesn't mean for a second that they can't be immediately replaced. If this team was 100%, Yandle is #1 on the list of "things we can afford to lose."

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
Yandle's game is nothing special. It's easy to imitate. You just have to score and contribute offensively to make it worth it to the coaching staff. Mike Green has made a career out of this. So did Deron Quint. Doesn't mean for a second that they can't be immediately replaced. If this team was 100%, Yandle is #1 on the list of "things we can afford to lose."

Really taking this a bit too far. If the team was 100% Yandle is a huge cog in the transition offense where a ton of the goals are generated from. OEL is great but he doesn't have that same game in transition, he's far more cerebral. The entire make up of this team changes without Yandle, probably for the worse without the forward personnel to compensate.

Using the popular example lately, a single Ryan O'Reilly doesn't bolster the forward crop enough on offense to make up for the loss of Yandle's transition game.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
If the team was 100% Yandle is a huge cog in the transition offense where a ton of the goals are generated from.

Not really. A good breakout pass every now and then isn't worth the trade-offs in defensive ability and toughness, IMO. Z is every bit as capable of springing the offense, yet plays far better in his own zone. The razzle dazzle of Yandle's game has a lot of people fooled. I love him as a player, but he is nowhere near as important to this team as people make him out to be.

OEL is great but he doesn't have that same game in transition

You're right, he is better.

Using the popular example lately, a single Ryan O'Reilly doesn't bolster the forward crop enough on offense to make up for the loss of Yandle's transition game.

R'OR is a statistical beast. Yandle would be easily made up for. Look into it more. He's more than just 50 odd points.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad