Game 6: Nashville Predators @ Phoenix Coyotes |1-28-13| 7PM

Grimes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2012
Tippet's Doghouse
Johnson had it fairly easy tonight, but makes me wonder what the week or so working with Burke has done for him. That was a very solid game both defensively and offensively.

Plub

Part time Leaf fan
Jan 9, 2011
Arizona
Add in our starters and play the system we should and we are once again a top team. I enjoy how relaxed the players seemed to be prior to this game. 1-4 and they seem to have this sense about them that they know they will be fine.

As long as LOL isn't in net.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Where did he play tonight? Top lines?

I really think he's underrated.

On a line (3rd) with Moss and Gordon. Pretty effective checking line tonight. Generated plenty of chances. I think he sticks the rest of the year.

Fun fact: Coyotes have the 7th best offense, and are averaging 3.5 goals a game through 6.

Vinny Boombatz

formerly ctwin22
Mar 21, 2008
Chandler, AZ
On a line (3rd) with Moss and Gordon. Pretty effective checking line tonight. Generated plenty of chances. I think he sticks the rest of the year.

Fun fact: Coyotes have the 7th best offense, and are averaging 3.5 goals a game through 6.

I think Johnson should be the center with Bods & Vrbata, I can't stand that Tipp has got Bolduc there, he ruined a lot of good things Bods was doing tonight.

Rundblad I thought had a very solid game, I like him back there, he's like OEL in that he's calm with the puck and made a couple nice defensive plays.

awfulwaffle

Jun 20, 2011
Dallas, TX
Didn't watch the game, but nice to see we get 2 more points. Dallas lost tonight, and the Kings are losing right now. Always good to see division opponents go down!

yotesreign

Jan 26, 2009
Goldwater Blvd
Too many people named Johnson I am confused. /j

If Chad's had his brother's name and his brother had his name, we'd have ourselves another 'Cujo' in net.

Great game for him, 22 saves and a shutout is a lot better than 21 saves and 4 goals no matter who you are...

Nick did good too, and Yandle...got to give him credit for finally playing a game without making me shake my head or slap my forehead or curse him under my breath.

There was one power play - the line we had at the start had a hard time getting the puck out of the zone... but he wasn't out there at that time...

ESPN.com had it pegged at around 8500 if I remember correctly.

That's right. From where I sit in sec 208, the crowd looked a little lighter than last Wednesdays game but not significantly. I am guessing they include tickets sold in the announced attendance whether the ticket holder shows up or not because I would have guessed the crowd at about 7000 again. The suites did look a little more occupied than last Wednesday but they didn't look half occupied more like a third occupied.

Looking forward to Wednesday's 7.30P start against Dallas.

Last edited:

cobra427

May 6, 2012

The offense is better then expected, big surprise there...It is all relative, but if are defense and goal tending get going, I like our chances. Tonight, Nashville looked tires, but I think there best forward missing and Sutter gone, makes them very vulnerable. I think they miss the playoffs along with Detroit this year...

Redcoyote

Hungry
Mar 21, 2009
Solid win. Good complete team effort.

Johnson looked decent and composed in net. Not sure if I'd want to subject him in against Edmonton yet though. I trust if the Coaches seem him performing well in practice they know better than I would.

Did I hear Smith was skating again?

And when do we play another Finnish goalie? Gonna bet on Korpi scoring a goal :yo:

Vip

Coyotes/Cardinals/Jazz/RSL
Jul 25, 2010
Ocho Cinco get's the green light from here on out. Until he proves otherwise or Smith comes back.

Muppet

7th Round Pick
Mar 13, 2011
Oh lawdy, we actually won a game. I just watched the highlights, and mad kudos to Chad Johnson, even though it looked like a walk in the park. But god damn, it's about time, Yandz. This is the Keith Yandle we all prefer to see, not the wicked turnover machine we had witnessed so far. Also can't say enough about Nick Johnson. This guy is legit.

Atrkl

Dec 31, 2007
Phoenix
So sad I missed this game, but I am very happy to see the opponent didn't score 5 goals again :laugh: DEFENSE :nod:

Mosby

Fire Bettman
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
I am guessing they include tickets sold in the announced attendance whether the ticket holder shows up or not because I would have guessed the crowd at about 7000 again. The suites did look a little more occupied than last Wednesday but they didn't look half occupied more like a third occupied.

Yes, I believe that's how it works -- they count the number of "tickets distributed", whether it be sold, discounted, promo tickets, etc. They could then just take the tickets left on hand and subtract that from the Jobing capacity to get the attendance figure.

svartgul

Hata Löven
May 9, 2007
Beyond the Infinite
www.northpower.nu
Rundblad I thought had a very solid game, I like him back there, he's like OEL in that he's calm with the puck and made a couple nice defensive plays.

But he's completely lacking intensity and he's playing a very scared-of-being-sent-down kind of game overall. I've heard he's been doing good in the AHL but the two games I've seen him with Phoenix he looks like he did with the Sens last year. Not impressed. But it's nice to see him getting some PP time, he knows how to run things there although this game was very lackluster in all areas. I'm sure it was nice for you guys to get the needed points but this game was as boring as watching bottom feeders play in SEL if not more so.

theoriginal55

Aug 6, 2005
I think having someone they were "unsure of" in goal made the Coyotes play much tighter defensively. Excellent move by Tippet and the staff. It resulted in the team returning to playing "Coyotes hockey"!

Dirty Old Man

So funny I forgot to laugh
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2008
Ostrich City
That's classic - two guys named Johnson that weren't even on the team when the season started 10 days ago are the 1st and 3rd stars of the game... who's got the biggest Johnsons in the NHL? :laugh:

mitch27

Sep 6, 2009
Windsor, Ontario
There's the Coyotes team we know and love. What a game. Out-hustled the Preds to every puck and won all the battles.

Yandle was excellent. Best game I;ve seen him play in a while. I hope this is how he plays from here on out.

Johnson squared. Unbelieveable. Nick drawing penalties again, chipping in on offence, playing great on defence. I really, really like his game so for. Great signing.

Boedker gets better and better. Amazing what a little confidence can do. If he keeps this up he can be a point-per-game player. I love it.

All around we got back to playing our system. If this offence keeps rolling and we play defensively like we did tonight, we can do some damage.

Lyotes

Aug 8, 2012
Arizona
It looks like our guys finally remembered how to play our game. How about schlemkos blocked shot. Amazing!

Oan

Jan 31, 2011
How has Korpikoski been early on this season? Has he been on PP? Any chance he will be getting top6-minutes this season or next?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad