Post-Game Talk: Game 6: Loss.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
I agree with you but the idea that we are hoping that a guy whose been a borderline NHLer most of his career making $650K can spark two guys who have put up 60 point seasons and both make around $6 million a year is just absurd.
3_550x550_Front_Color-NA.jpg

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
It would be nice if it was really easy to hate anybody on Dallas, or if there was at least some kind of spark of animosity shown. But aside from some gentle huggy-bear stuff from Benn, there's really not much going on? It takes two to tango. It'd be kind of nice if our guys got a little mad sometimes. When Smith did, he got the OT winner later. We shouldn't have to watch a playoff series and exit it hoping the other team goes on to win the Cup. Probably it would have been a lot easier to get our hate on if it was the Blues or Jets. But even still, this doesn't really feel like a playoff series to me. :dunno:

I haven't watched a lot of other games around the league so far, just some intermission flipping mostly, but it seems like there IS some typical trench warfare playoff hockey going on elsewhere. I wonder if our guys have watched any of it, or if they could perceive the difference between what they see in those games and what they are doing on the ice? Probably they feel like they're battling just as hard as anybody, I suppose. But it sure doesn't look like it from this section of the peanut gallery.

Part of it seems to be that they got knocked on their heels early a bit with some of the penalty calls. And then felt they had to walk on eggshells to avoid more "penalty trouble". But NHL playoff officiating can be surprisingly forgiving with hard-edged play when teams are going at eachother's throats. It's just when you stop moving your feet and take the lazy calls, that's different. They need to come out flying and play hard and not be scared to take some edge-y penalties.

Reactions: bdub24

Aardvarksson

gif spammer
Apr 21, 2017
Nashville
It would be nice if it was really easy to hate anybody on Dallas, or if there was at least some kind of spark of animosity shown. But aside from some gentle huggy-bear stuff from Benn, there's really not much going on? It takes two to tango. It'd be kind of nice if our guys got a little mad sometimes. When Smith did, he got the OT winner later. We shouldn't have to watch a playoff series and exit it hoping the other team goes on to win the Cup. Probably it would have been a lot easier to get our hate on if it was the Blues or Jets. But even still, this doesn't really feel like a playoff series to me. :dunno:

I haven't watched a lot of other games around the league so far, just some intermission flipping mostly, but it seems like there IS some typical trench warfare playoff hockey going on elsewhere. I wonder if our guys have watched any of it, or if they could perceive the difference between what they see in those games and what they are doing on the ice? Probably they feel like they're battling just as hard as anybody, I suppose. But it sure doesn't look like it from this section of the peanut gallery.

Part of it seems to be that they got knocked on their heels early a bit with some of the penalty calls. And then felt they had to walk on eggshells to avoid more "penalty trouble". But NHL playoff officiating can be surprisingly forgiving with hard-edged play when teams are going at eachother's throats. It's just when you stop moving your feet and take the lazy calls, that's different. They need to come out flying and play hard and not be scared to take some edge-y penalties.

I agree with you. Other than a few spots (Boyle hit comes to mind), the Preds are NOT playing playoff hockey. I've watched every other series at least twice. Preds don't have the level of fight required. If we had a better opponent this would probably be a 4-0, 4-1 series.

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
It feels strange that there's still another game. It feels like they should already be out. Other teams that didn't play much worse were ushered out nearly a week ago. Hopefully, they're more confident than most of us are. They're going to show us what they're made of either way.

Reactions: bdub24

Predsanddead24

Mar 7, 2019
I agree with you. Other than a few spots (Boyle hit comes to mind), the Preds are NOT playing playoff hockey. I've watched every other series at least twice. Preds don't have the level of fight required. If we had a better opponent this would probably be a 4-0, 4-1 series.

The 1st period of Game 1 I thought we came out very physical and the pressure seemed to be difficult for Dallas to handle. Since then we've lacked physicality big time and just get pushed off the puck by their guys.

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
Actually I think it's more that Dallas hasn't really poked the bear. We've always played teams before that would do that, Dallas has just played :dunno:

PJ817

Jan 27, 2019
Every time I get knocked (too old to become a doctor, too dumb to become a doctor), I pull this up

And then, I send it to Boyle ;) (speaking of which!)

Predsanddead24

Mar 7, 2019
this really pisses me off. and if I were actually a predator I would be livid.

Worst thing is he's right. That goal was an incredibly timid play by Ellis when he could have cleared the puck if he was willing to take a hit.

FossilFndr

RIP Steve
Jan 18, 2014
Fall Branch, Tn.
I hope they keep me engaged. Been dragging and burning lots of cedar trees that went down in the wet winter snow storm all day long. I smell like I've been around a camp fire, and this is after my shower. Absolutely exhausted. If the team plays as hard as I worked today we'll win. If they play like I feel now then we are doomed.

Reactions: Pred303

Prediculous

May 11, 2018
Redding, CA
Not watching this tonight and hoping for the best, if we win it could take the wind out of Dallas' sails a bit. Losing 3 playoff games in a row would be pretty disheartening.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad