Pre-Game Talk: Game 6 @ Los Angeles

Status
Not open for further replies.

duul

Jun 21, 2010
Nice to see Broberg probably getting his first taste of NHL playoffs in an elimination game. Good luck kid.

Reactions: RattsSSV

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
nah they'll lose in triple OT from a weird bounce off the boards
Plus the game will take 6.5hrs out of your productive life..

I kinda dreaded the game going into OT at all last night because I expected the Oil would just lose anyway. so the one think to be thankful of I guess is the mercy killing was quick and painless. Woulda been harder to sit through multiple periods of futility and then lose. When do we ever score in OT in the playoffs?

Like a dummy that doesn't know better, or just out of banal curiosity I'll watch tomorrow. I'm not expecting anything at this point. If they win I'm not doing back flips over it. I'll just wait and see if theres a game 7, If I was younger and had more productive things to do I probably would just not even watch game 6. That would probably guarantee the Oilers play well.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Everyone except McDavid. Guy is playing the best hockey of anyone ever sans Gretz.
Yet McD watches as Kempe flies right by him, in OT, on the way to score the winning goal. McD had a controller disconnected moment at the worst possible time. McD easily could have impeded Kempe or squeezed him on boards. Looked at him, didn't lay a hand on him.

That is the OPPOSITE of playing Levels of D. of course the actual D were garbage on the winning goal but McD at fault too for allowing the easy zone entry on what was essentially a one player rush.

Oilhawks

Oden's Ride Over Nordland
Nov 24, 2011
Yet McD watches as Kempe flies right by him, in OT, on the way to score the winning goal. McD had a controller disconnected moment at the worst possible time. McD easily could have impeded Kempe or squeezed him on boards. Looked at him, didn't lay a hand on him.

That is the OPPOSITE of playing Levels of D. of course the actual D were garbage on the winning goal but McD at fault too for allowing the easy zone entry on what was essentially a one player rush.

Uh oh, brace yourself

Reactions: BlackDogg

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary

How about the defense of the 3x Stanley Cup champ and Norris trophy winner?

Reactions: Macheteops

MessierII

Aug 10, 2011

Reminds me of last year where he just casually threw it up the boards tied in game 4. Jets D picks it up D to D pass shot and the series was over. I love McD but way too casual in key moments in the playoffs.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
How about the defense of the 3x Stanley Cup champ and Norris trophy winner?
I'm not absolving anybody on the play. I said the actual d were shit on the play too. Want me to underline and hilite it?

Reminds me of last year where he just casually threw it up the boards tied in game 4. Jets D picks it up D to D pass shot and the series was over. I love McD but way too casual in key moments in the playoffs.
I don't know what it is. In OT with 5 on 5 is he suddenly so nervous he doesn't know what to do. Its so strange. At the biggest moments in playoff games he turns to something less than elite. He's great, maybe best playre for getting a playoff game tied. But deciding goal. Forget it. Its like thats some other hill to climb that hasn't been summited.

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
I'm not absolving anybody on the play. I said the actual d were shit on the play too. Want me to underline and hilite it?

I don't know what it is. In OT with 5 on 5 is he suddenly so nervous he doesn't know what to do. Its so strange. At the biggest moments in playoff games he turns to something less than elite. He's great, maybe best playre for getting a playoff game tied. But deciding goal. Forget it. Its like thats some other hill to climb that hasn't been summited.
Fair enough, just a typical Oiler play.

But this team has done nothing but fail at overtime playoff hockey so it's an expected result. 1-7 in the McDavid era. That's goddamn awful.

Magnum23

Aug 24, 2012
I have never seen a defenseman as allergic to using the stick check than Bouchard. Even grandpas on the beer league team know how to use stick check to defend better than him.

brentashton

Jan 21, 2018
Shut up he thought it was a hand grenade.

'''''

sorry, don't shut up, just my attempt at humor.
Twice last night on pushes to the net he ended up on his tummy out of the play, without the puck . Not sure what was up with that. He’s nervous, and the game seems too fast for him at this level. I suspect he won’t grow into it. At one time I did, but the book of work is becoming too large, suggesting not.

NashtoNowitzki

Jan 8, 2019
Much less anxiety at this game. Holloway had a sick rush to draw a penalty.

Attachments

• PXL_20220512_015830873.MP.jpg
    PXL_20220512_015830873.MP.jpg
    429.7 KB · Views: 6

Pizza!Pizza!

Sep 25, 2018
I think oilers are sick, probably Covid. Drai for sure, probably mcdavid and a handful of others.

I couldn’t understand how they lost the insane momentum and just seemed totally out of gas. Then I heard Drai speak.. he sounds really sick. Mcdavid kinda looked sick during the game to me but idk, they still put up goals because they’re that good.

Hopefully the kings catch it too I guess, not much hope otherwise
They took "ass eat'n season" literally and now they all have mono.

Reactions: Lay Z Boy GM

Pizza!Pizza!

Sep 25, 2018
I might switch to the radio broadcast and play War Thunder or something. These super tight games are only fun when you're emotionally invested in one of the teams.

EDIT: wrong tab lol, watching dallas vs calgary

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
Totally changed up my shaving game today. Bought a double edged safety razor to go old school.

Oh baby, where has this thing been all my life? I've been using the old school shave lather brush and shave cream bowl but with a 5 blade razor. Not anymore. Slower go with the single razor but well worth it.

Oh yeah...go Oilers and stuff. Is Ben gonna be in the building in LA again?

Reactions: Leonardlizard
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad