Pre-Game Talk: Game 6 @ Los Angeles

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobbythebrain

Jul 30, 2016
Like? They are both disappointing but at least Yamo hits. He's willing to get into the dirty areas
Stauff and Spec were right [barf] - despite being the biggest player on the team, he's literally chicken on ice.

I wonder if it's just a trust issue or JP isn't doing what's advised.

He fell down for no reason on a drop pass from McDavid and blew a quality 3 -2. 10 year olds have better skating and balance. Woody sees that

Oilhawks

Oden's Ride Over Nordland
Nov 24, 2011
Have you looked at LA's D core?
That group is worse than Condors group but still winning them games.

We are losing to AHL level Dmen. They have 0 top 4 NHL Dmen

Sad but true.

frag2

Mar 8, 2006
He fell down for no reason on a drop pass from McDavid and blew a quality 3 -2. 10 year olds have better skating and balance. Woody sees that
It's just super disappointing he's still super sloppy after all these years. Oilers Now had a comment about no one expects him to be Eric Lindros but at the very least, use your size, The moment he gets the puck, he passes it off within 5s.

Reactions: bobbythebrain

walktheboulavard

Jul 8, 2016
I like Woodcroft but the decision to start Keith, Kulak in O.T was suspect. I got bad vibes when they proceeded to get hemmed in for what felt like a eternity.

bobbythebrain

Jul 30, 2016
It's just super disappointing he's still super sloppy after all these years. Oilers Now had a comment about no one expects him to be Eric Lindros but at the very least, use your size, The moment he gets the puck, he passes it off within 5s.

His benching was a no brainer for Woody. His biggest hit of the game was when he ran into Nuge, then he tripped over the circles on that 3-2.

Not playing well is one thing. Plays like that are just embarrassing and demoralize and frustrate your team and coaches

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
Have you looked at LA's D core?
That group is worse than Condors group but still winning them games.

We are losing to AHL level Dmen. They have 0 top 4 NHL Dmen

Yet Troy Stecher who only has suited up for 2 games has 2g, 2A, and 4 points. Nobody on the oilers D have 2 goals. By far one of the most frustrating thing this series though is the inability to once again have some supportive scoring.

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
I like Woodcroft but the decision to start Keith, Kulak in O.T was suspect. I got bad vibes when they proceeded to get hemmed in for what felt like a eternity.

We got 2nd change and LA started with Danault. Keith is matched against Danault and I think every period started that way. Nurse would have been out against Kopitar's line if we didn't have such a pitiful first shift.

Kulak there because Bouch was struggling. I don't think who was on that pair really made a dif though. Forwards were giving no support to the D, trying to fly the zone over and over. Keith made same weak plays he was the last 2 games. Just started OT like we start 1st periods. Was pathetic.

BlackDogg

perpetuum defectum
Oct 3, 2015
This is the sickest team I've ever seen if drai and mcdavid are sick everytime they play like shit

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009
Oilers come out looking like crap in the first period once again. As a result, LA takes a 2-0 lead by the end of the first period and end up winning 4-2. LA then proceeds to get swept in the 2nd round by Calgary. This is the way.

Sugi21

Dec 7, 2016
One change that Woodcroft desperately needs to make is subbing in Derek Ryan for key draws with the top six. Those two are getting clowned on the dot in vital draws.
Todd does exactly that with Danno

ZJuice

pickle juice connoisseur
May 17, 2010
Edmonton
I know we can beat this Kings team but which Oilers team shows up tomorrow?

The positive part of me says we’ll come out flying and light up Quick again. The hoser in me says we come out flat and the Kings come out flying again because they don’t want to have a game 7.

Nurse being out with a suspension isn’t as bad as one would think. Not really excited to be saddled with his high cap hit for the next 8 seasons but I’ve been wrong many times before. Defensemen are sort of voodoo like goalies, can be brilliant or shit one season and shit or brilliant the next.

Reactions: McDavidKindaFast

Frank the Tank

The Godfather
Aug 15, 2005
Chicago, IL
Thankfully Hextall and Moore stayed in Canada. She needs to hone her PBP skills more before being allowed to do playoff games and he provides very shallow analysis. Moore's insight into why certain coaching decisions were made is often wrong for anyone that knows anything about the teams involved.

It sucks watching the Oilers lose. It's even more painful to watch when ESPN assigns crap PBP teams.

ZJuice

pickle juice connoisseur
May 17, 2010
Edmonton
It was different this time. Take a listen to the Reid Wilkins Pod, hes def battling a sinus infection, cold or something. Shit happens though.
Pros used to take loads of Sudafed in the playoffs. He should take note..

Reactions: Captain Fantastic
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad