Not open for further replies.

KlefDown

I adore Soli
May 2, 2014
EKcTJM0XYAAlWO9.jpg

Marty McSurly

May 9, 2018
Pretty simple, just f***ing win.

This team can win two games if they want to. The Kings picked up their game after back-to-back losses, lets see if the Oil can do the same.

Rengorlex

Aug 25, 2021
This is the game that I have the least faith in Oilers winning as far back as I can remember. I'm going to put a moderate amount of money on Kings winning just to counter that terrible feeling, but I put like 5% chance at best on us somehow upsetting them.

Let's go Oilers though, the season isn't over.

Reactions: Porkleaker

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
I can't fathom what their gameplan is in all honesty. Skill wise they're clearly the stronger team in terms of elite skill and depth. But we're not using either to our advantage consistently.

I still think they can win this series, but I have to question if they've got it in them.

Whine about Smith, whine about Keith, whine about Woodcroft, whine about Holland...we're still sitting here down three-two to a much weaker LA team. And that's on everyone.

The comeback was a nice high in game 5, but it's another example of our elites just 'turning it on'. It relies on high risk plays, fortunate bounces and seemingly a ton of powerplay opportunity. That's not a good strategy to win you games. And ultimately when they're in a position to close out big games, these same guys always fall flat.

duul

Jun 21, 2010
I can't fathom what their gameplan is in all honesty. Skill wise they're clearly the stronger team in terms of elite skill and depth. But we're not using either to our advantage consistently.

I still think they can win this series, but I have to question if they've got it in them.

Whine about Smith, whine about Keith, whine about Woodcroft, whine about Holland...we're still sitting here down three-two to a much weaker LA team. And that's on everyone.

The comeback was a nice high in game 5, but it's another example of our elites just 'turning it on'. It relies on high risk plays, fortunate bounces and seemingly a ton of powerplay opportunity. That's not a good strategy to win you games. And ultimately when they're in a position to close out big games, these same guys always fall flat.
Everyone except McDavid. Guy is playing the best hockey of anyone ever sans Gretz.

Reactions: Omar23

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton

The game plan for the kings has been nothing but obvious. Fire the puck on net any chance they get, and hope for a deflection or a greasy goal. If not that, they'll drive to the net with the puck on their stick.

What I saw last game was as evident as the previous one. The kings dump it in for a forecheck, oilers are somehow late to the puck even if they're there first, kings player get the puck, and the oilers just stand still and watch the kings move it around. It was beyond frustrating to watch the Oilers the past 2 games not playing at their best.

Arpeggio

Jul 20, 2006
Edmonton
I will say one negative thing about Woodcroft, as much I do like him. Playing McDavid and Draisaitl under 20 minutes in a must-win game is absolutely inexcusable. They should both be up around 23 minutes tomorrow, regardless of PPs or PKs. I expect they will get a ton of time tomorrow. I also hope they don't start the game with the two of them together. They should switch back and forth with that duo, keep the Kings on their toes.

The game plan for the kings has been nothing but obvious. Fire the puck on net any chance they get, and hope for a deflection or a greasy goal. If not that, they'll drive to the net with the puck on their stick.

What I saw last game was as evident as the previous one. The kings dump it in for a forecheck, oilers are somehow late to the puck even if they're there first, kings player get the puck, and the oilers just stand still and watch the kings move it around. It was beyond frustrating to watch the Oilers the past 2 games not playing at their best.
The Oilers d are playing so slow. Not only with breakouts, but in the offensive zone as well. So many shots were blocked as a result of a defenceman taking an extra step to get the perfect shot. Just flip the puck on net, don't let the Kings get in position to defend.

Magnum23

Aug 24, 2012
Can we scratch one of Keith + Bouchard as well? We aren't winning with them in the lineup anyways, might as change something up before it's too late.....

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
I will say one negative thing about Woodcroft, as much I do like him. Playing McDavid and Draisaitl under 20 minutes in a must-win game is absolutely inexcusable. They should both be up around 23 minutes tomorrow, regardless of PPs or PKs. I expect they will get a ton of time tomorrow. I also hope they don't start the game with the two of them together. They should switch back and forth with that duo, keep the Kings on their toes.

The Oilers d are playing so slow. Not only with breakouts, but in the offensive zone as well. So many shots were blocked as a result of a defenceman taking an extra step to get the perfect shot. Just flip the puck on net, don't let the Kings get in position to defend.

If they play slow tomorrow as they had during the past 2 games, especially in the first period, they're gonna get f***ed. Literally had home ice advantage last night, and STILL started slow getting outshot by a huge margin. If there's no desperation in every single player's game, then the game's gonna be over quickly. I can definitely expect McDavid to play with that desperation, but for the love of God, secondary scoring would be super essential.
They better be on their A game from puck drop to the end.

OILFAN FOREVER

Feb 26, 2021
If they lose in round 1, the core has to be broken up. Last chance for them to show they care. McDavid and Draisaitl need to dominate early and often. Honestly, they should be playing together. They did in the 3rd and things happened. Lose and it should be the last game as an Oiler for a number of players.

Dashh

Oct 26, 2013
My instincts are telling me we are going to lose, so i think that we win.

That being said I like the suggestion above about putting money on the kings for a silver lining once the inevitable happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad