Nov 29, 2014
SVEDBERG instead of Timonen..

Bench all of line #

New lines:

Saad Toews Rundblad
Sharp Vermette TT
Hartman Danault Shaw
Desjardins Kruger Hossa
You see if Bickell not producing and making defensive mistakes and if Kane not on a mission but slacking again both offensively (2 shots last game shows disinterest as was also his lack of interest in defending) and defensively and with Richards not doing much...bench them all...not just Bickell!

Now you put the vet Hossa to calm down the kids on line 3 .
.but the kids will have hunger at least and not take periods off.

Rundblad cannot defend his own zone...but neither does Kane...so if you put Rundblad at forward you get about the same forward defensive ability..But at least Rundblad will hustle if you let him attack...and I bet he gets off more than the 2 shots Kane mustered in this crucial game 5 loss...And since Hossa cannot beat any goalies anymore it is no loss on first line RW goal expectation to try Rundblad there instead..he probably will score some goals doing it as a RW.

AND elevating the Sharp Vermette TT line up a line will inspire them even more.

IF BICKELL was a passenger to be dropped off...so we're Richards and Kane last game...Bench the lot of them.

Oh my god. 10/10 would read again

scarchelli

Aug 19, 2014
I stopped reading after I saw rundblad on the first line. If that ever happened I would never watch a hockey game again.

here come the

Mar 25, 2013
Saad/Toews/Hossa
Shaw/Richards/Kane
Sharp/Vermette/TT
Versteeg/Kruger/Desjardins

I've seen enough of Bickell. I don't ever want to see him put on a Hawks' jersey again.

If it comes down to it, you start double-shifting Kane and TT and sit Hossa and Desjardins. Hossa has sucked this series.

Underrated factor of this series is how heavily Silfverberg is outplaying Hossa. Looks lost in the offensive zone and is making decisions way to slowly.

Pepe Silvia

Jan 2, 2012
Chicago

Bench all of line #

New lines:

Saad Toews Rundblad
Sharp Vermette TT
Hartman Danault Shaw
Desjardins Kruger Hossa
You see if Bickell not producing and making defensive mistakes and if Kane not on a mission but slacking again both offensively (2 shots last game shows disinterest as was also his lack of interest in defending) and defensively and with Richards not doing much...bench them all...not just Bickell!

Rundblad cannot defend his own zone...but neither does Kane...so if you put Rundblad at forward you get about the same forward defensive ability..But at least Rundblad will hustle if you let him attack...and I bet he gets off more than the 2 shots Kane mustered in this crucial game 5 loss...And since Hossa cannot beat any goalies anymore it is no loss on first line RW goal expectation to try Rundblad there instead..he probably will score some goals doing it as a RW.

IF BICKELL was a passenger to be dropped off...so we're Richards and Kane last game...Bench the lot of them.

So scratch Kane and Richards, play Rundblad on the first line (wtf?), and play multiple rookies with little to no NHL experience. I can't comprehend how you think it would be a good idea to scratch an NHL all star and then play a bum that isn't even a forward.

Congratulations. This is the worst idea I've ever seen.

Any Colour You Like

Regular bean eater
Nov 13, 2011
Boston U

Bench all of line #

New lines:

Saad Toews Rundblad
Sharp Vermette TT
Hartman Danault Shaw
Desjardins Kruger Hossa

Rundblad on the top forward line is a whole new level of grasping for straws.

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL

Bench all of line #

New lines:

Saad Toews Rundblad
Sharp Vermette TT
Hartman Danault Shaw
Desjardins Kruger Hossa

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

:whaaa?::whaaa?::whaaa?::whaaa?:

jls24

Apr 30, 2013
Sadly I would be cautiously optimistic with Rundblad in for Bicks if you want to go that route lol.

The better option would be to just tell Bicks to run around hitting and if the puck comes to him just intantly wrist it towards the attacking zone, then go back to hitting. Seriously, with the power on his wrist shot there's no need for him to ever have to wind up.

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
Same lineup as last game.

Actually ****ing start on time, like professionals paid millions of dollar's to play a child's game ought to do without being told.

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
Also, it is genuinely hilarious to me that a bad blue-line turnover is causing people to demand a swap for a player who's only gift is generating blue-line turnovers. :laugh:

featherhawk

Dec 13, 2006
shaw-toews-kane
saad-richards-Hossa
sharp-vermette-TT
desjardins-kruger- Danault is my choice cause he is an extra C and is good on D

hartman/carcillo could go in for Danault/desjardins but I am done with seeing Bickell and Versteeg in the indian head

DontToewzMeBro

May 8, 2010
Sharp-Toews-Kane(1st line)
Saad-Richards-TT (second lineA
Shaw-Vermette-Hossa(2nd line B
DJ-Kruger-Versteeg(3rd line)

Keith-TVR
Seabrook-Oduya
Hammer-Cumiskey

Roll em'

DrunkKaner88

Jan 5, 2014
Do whatever they did in the 2nd and 3rd period, and show up from the opening faceoff and they should be able to pull this W out. If not then tip your cap to Anaheim

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
Bickell-Toews-Kane: Bickell damn near deserves to sit after the last game, but I'd rather we not swap out our best hitter in exchange of Versteeg. You put him with Kane and Toews and hope that that line re-finds the spark from 2013.

Sharp-Richards-Hossa: Sharp and Richards will be able to generate chances, while Hossa will keep that line from being a defensive liability.

Saad-Vermette-TT: Saad played with Vermette and TT for a few regular season games, and seemed to gel well on that line. I'd be excited to see what they would do with how much TT has improved in recent weeks.

Desjardins-Kruger-Shaw: If it ain't broke...

Keith-TVR(provided he's in good enough shape): TVR played a few weeks with Keith and hopefully TVR can continue playing the simple game he was known for before his injuries.

Oduya-Hjalmarrson: The Swedish shutdown duo are back!!!

Cumisky-Seabrook: They'll have lighter minutes than the second pairing, but would be stable enough to not feel like a constant liability.

I'd also move Bickell off PP2, and give TT a shot in the role.

TorMenT

Go Blackhawks!
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2011
Rockford, IL
Bickell-Toews-Kane: Bickell damn near deserves to sit after the last game, but I'd rather we not swap out our best hitter in exchange of Versteeg. You put him with Kane and Toews and hope that that line re-finds the spark from 2013.

Sharp-Richards-Hossa: Sharp and Richards will be able to generate chances, while Hossa will keep that line from being a defensive liability.

Saad-Vermette-TT: Saad played with Vermette and TT for a few regular season games, and seemed to gel well on that line. I'd be excited to see what they would do with how much TT has improved in recent weeks.

Keith-TVR(provided he's in good enough shape): TVR played a few weeks with Keith and hopefully TVR can continue playing the simple game he was known for before his injuries.

Cumisky-Seabrook: They'll have lighter minutes than the second pairing, but would be stable enough to not feel like a constant liability.

I can get behind this. Bickell is lazy, and as much as I'd hate to see him playing again, I think that's your best chance at him doing anything. Toews-Kane could carry his ass. If there's ever a time he needs to stand in front of the net, it's an elimination game.

Of course, I'm sure he won't. Would be nice though.

SimpleJack

Jul 25, 2013
Wouldn't mind seeing this...

Sharp - Toews - Teravainen
Saad - Vermette - Kane/Hossa
Versteeg - Richards - Kane/Hossa
Desjardins - Kruger - Shaw
Bickell

Highly, HIGHLY doubt we see that much change around,but man id kill to just see what that might look like for a period or so.

Id expect to see either the norm:

Saad - Toews - Hossa
Bickell - Richards - Kane
Sharp - Vermette - Teravainen
Desjardins - Kruger- Shaw
Versteeg

Or what we saw towards the end of game 5:

Saad - Toews - Kane
Bickell - Richards - Hossa
Sharp - Vermette - Teravainen
Desjardins - Kruger - Shaw
Versteeg

BobbyJet

watch the game, everything else is noise
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
Go with the same lineup and hope they decide to show up in the 1st period and play the way they did throughout the rest of the game.

Thank-you for showing some sanity.

Crawford needs to be the better goalie tonight and Saturday. The rest will take care of itself.

It's possible we see TVR in place of Timonen but other than that leave things alone. Any issues that Hawks skaters may have are between the ears.

Last edited:

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013

I've been in favor of those forward lines since after game 2. Line one is dynamic offensively, Kane still has Bick to create space. Toews will make them decent defensively. Second line has great 2-way possession wingers to cover for beaver deficiencies in his own zone. Bottom 6 remains as is, which has been bright spot of series. PP I just want TT on unit 2. He has a knack for getting pucks to the net. It's risky to put TVR back in, but it might be the kind of gamble that pays off big time if he's in decent shape and they go to the cup.

Blackhawks

Jul 25, 2007

Bench all of line #

New lines:

Saad Toews Rundblad
Sharp Vermette TT
Hartman Danault Shaw
Desjardins Kruger Hossa

WOW WOW WOW I can not believe my eyes...

Marotte Marauder

Aug 10, 2008
Go with the same lineup and hope they decide to show up in the 1st period and play the way they did throughout the rest of the game.

Thank-you for showing some sanity.

Crawford needs to be the better goalie tonight and Saturday. The rest will take care of itself.

It's possible we see TVR in place of Timonen but other than that leave things alone. Any issues that Hawks skaters may have are between the ears.

There will be NO changes made. Not because they aren't needed but Q knows the stove is still very hot from his Game 3 gaff and won't go near that stove again.

If he did, and Hawks lose...he will be Coach BBQ.

As HF50 and others have said in real time, Q had 82 regular season games to tweak, motivate, replace and adjust players. Nothing, nada, zip, zilch, bupkiss.

Just keep rolling 'em over the boards and it'll all work out.

Time is running out. Maybe tonight we see the Hawks play a Hawks game-start to finish.

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
There will be NO changes made. Not because they aren't needed but Q knows the stove is still very hot from his Game 3 gaff and won't go near that stove again.

If he did, and Hawks lose...he will be Coach BBQ.

As HF50 and others have said in real time, Q had 82 regular season games to tweak, motivate, replace and adjust players. Nothing, nada, zip, zilch, bupkiss.

Just keep rolling 'em over the boards and it'll all work out.

Time is running out. Maybe tonight we see the Hawks play a Hawks game-start to finish.

Apples to oranges. Swapping tvr for timmo doesn't change the entire bottom six and break up arguably your best line in the series. I think there would be a lot of people okay with the gamble. It's not a clear downgrade like the game 3 changes were. Putting in TVR is the type of bold move that can save a season. Long term he would be ready for the SCF should they complete the comeback.

Robsker

Nov 8, 2014
At this juncture, you change no lines and you keep on keeping on, hoping for the best. Now... not playing Kimmo would make sense. Play the 4 D-man you trust till they drop with sparse minutes for Cumisky and none for Kimmo... there really are no other options at this point.

That said, this has been a gret year for Blackhawk's hockey and this team has played very entertaining hockey --- even if it ends tonight, it was a great season. Winning a Stanley Cup is a wonderful thing but is very, very, very difficult. A great team like the Hawks can be in the hunt year and and year out but winning the Cup more than once every 5 years or so is not something any sane fan can expect. Again, people here make it sound like a failed season if the Hawks do not advance and win the Cup. Even if we lose, it was a great season. If we win the season got better. Either way be thankful for a fun diversion of following the Hawks this year and apprecite what we have.

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
You only get so many cracks at a cup and this summer is the end for some core guys in this city. Really just want one more for the core. As a fan, I feel this team has special players and they're the best team in the game when they're on. I'm not satisfied with another WCF defeat. One more cup with this core.

BobbyJet

Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
At this juncture, you change no lines and you keep on keeping on, hoping for the best. Now... not playing Kimmo would make sense. Play the 4 D-man you trust till they drop with sparse minutes for Cumisky and none for Kimmo... there really are no other options at this point.

That said, this has been a gret year for Blackhawk's hockey and this team has played very entertaining hockey --- even if it ends tonight, it was a great season. Winning a Stanley Cup is a wonderful thing but is very, very, very difficult. A great team like the Hawks can be in the hunt year and and year out but winning the Cup more than once every 5 years or so is not something any sane fan can expect. Again, people here make it sound like a failed season if the Hawks do not advance and win the Cup. Even if we lose, it was a great season. If we win the season got better. Either way be thankful for a fun diversion of following the Hawks this year and appreciate what we have.

That adjective is used far too often around here. Good, but disappointing perhaps, but certainly not "great".

BobbyJet

Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
Apples to oranges. Swapping tvr for timmo doesn't change the entire bottom six and break up arguably your best line in the series. I think there would be a lot of people okay with the gamble. It's not a clear downgrade like the game 3 changes were. Putting in TVR is the type of bold move that can save a season. Long term he would be ready for the SCF should they complete the comeback.

I must agree.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad