Game 6 lineup and plan

Blackhawks

Jul 25, 2007
Alright so after last night's game I am still questioning DID THAT REALLY HAPPEN?

I just hope the players are not as effected as we are by the loss which I am sure they probably are not but still pretty hard loss especially with the ups and downs.

So what do you propose for game 6 I would like to see this line up

Saad-Toews-Hossa
Steeger-Richards-Kaner
Sharp-Vermy-TT
Shaw-Kruges-DJ

Seabs-Keith
Hammer-Oduya
TVR/Runblad/Svedberg(as long as no slowminnen)-Kumminsky

Crow or Darling to shake things up and wake up the team

If we see Kimmonen on the roster I predict a loss, he is literately killing this team, what a boneheaded move(s) by Stan then followed by Q. If only Q let Runblad play during the regular season, he was performing well right before the trade deadline, he would have been fine now and up to game speed. Anyway thats my take.

Backyard Hockey

Dealing With It
Feb 13, 2015
I think a couple of things need to happen:

- Bickell sits for Versteeg. That said, Versteeg plays limited minutes. Kane and Teuvo should double shift a lot. Kane sparked in the 3rd when the lineups switched.

- Svedberg or TVR for Timmonen - and even still, they probably play limited minutes. They'll just need the top 4 to pony up again even though Hammer looks gassed.

- If for whatever reason Timmonen is in, he should NEVER and I repeat NEVER be on the ice at the same time as the second line. The combination of Timmonen's awfulness and Kane's D zone laziness is a beyond disastrous.

Nothingman*

- Bickell sits for Versteeg. That said, Versteeg plays limited minutes. Kane and Teuvo should double shift a lot. Kane sparked in the 3rd when the lineups switched.

- Svedberg or TVR for Timmonen - and even still, they probably play limited minutes. They'll just need the top 4 to pony up again even though Hammer looks gassed.

- If for whatever reason Timmonen is in, he should NEVER and I repeat NEVER be on the ice at the same time as the second line. The combination of Timmonen's awfulness and Kane's D zone laziness is a beyond disastrous.

I agree with this. I hate asking for Versteeg but....he is less worse than Bickell.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN

PLEASE GOD NO to the bolded part. Versteeg is ****ing terrible and would be even worse than Bickel. I would rather play Darling at wing with his goalie gear on than Versteeg. (almost not joking)

Backyard Hockey

Dealing With It
Feb 13, 2015
PLEASE GOD NO to the bolded part. Versteeg is ****ing terrible and would be even worse than Bickel. I would rather play Darling at wing with his goalie gear on than Versteeg. (almost not joking)

So, what are the options? Move Shaw up and play Carcillo on the 4th?

Hartmann? I guy whose NHL career consists of maybe 10 shifts? In a season critical game 6?

Versteeg is the best option. In 61 games he had 14G and 20A. For a while, that second line was on fire.

He can provide something - or more importantly, nothing. What he won't do is actively hurt the Hawks like Bickell did.

Regardless, whoever does replace Bickell - whether it's Versteeg, Carcillo or Hartmann - they should get minimal ice time. Kane and TT need to double shift.

Kane should be well rested after all of the loafing his done this series.

Last edited:

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
Go with the same lineup and hope they decide to show up in the 1st period and play the way they did throughout the rest of the game.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Go with the same lineup and hope they decide to show up in the 1st period and play the way they did throughout the rest of the game.

This^ but if I had to make a change I would go with Hartmann. We at least know he will play hard. I think Carcillo would play hard but just think he has anything left in his body. Versteeg didn't even play that hard in game 3...

b1e9a8r5s

Feb 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
Cumminksy plays most if not all of Kimmos minutes. At least Cumminksy can skate and start a breakout.

Shaw-Toews-Kane
Saad-Richards-Hossa
Sharp-Vermette-Teuvo
DJ-Kruger-Nordstrom

2nd PP unit
Saad goes to the front of the net (Shaw's spot on 1st unit), Hossa takes the Toews spot, Teuvo plays the half wall in the Kane spot.

STC

Oct 29, 2012
I just hope Q sits Teuvo and Vermette. They just played 2 OT games in row, surely they must be exhausted.

LordKOTL

Abuse of Officials
Aug 15, 2014
Pacific NW
I don't see any changes. Kimmo won't sit. Neither Versteeg nor Nordtrom are really an upgrade.

The only thing I can hope for is electrodes in the jockstrap to alter the attitude of all the players so hopefully they won't start this game looking like a beer league team.

jls24

Apr 30, 2013
actually, playing Nordy for Bicks would upgrade that position from bleh to meh. I also wouldn't mind trying Danault on wing. Hartman I would be worried about bad penalties. Sadly enough I don't want Versteeg. I was happy with the trade at the time but he's been a turd for a while now. Add to that if he plays you know Q will go with Steeg-Richards-Kane that will be a train wreck.

I was happy with Bicks play earlier in the postseason even without scoring, but now he's trying to do too much and seems to have the puck on his stick way too much. You can just see him contemplating what to do with it, when really if he doesn't see a wide open passing lane instantly he should just fire a wrister on net, always.

STC

Oct 29, 2012
Here is the lineup I want to see for game 6.

Saad-Toews-Hossa
Shaw-Richards-Kane
Sharp-Vermette-Teuvo
Bickell-Kruger-Desi

I would be fine with removing Bickell and replacing him with Hartman or Carcillo too, but I would be worried about those two taking penalties.

hockeydoug

May 26, 2012
Other than Nordstrom for Bickell, I dont' see many solutions that ANA won't have a good answer for. Even that doesn't really help the Hawks since Nordstrom is useless in the offensive zone.

I don't care what Q shuffles the lines to, if ANA is allowed to cycle over and over again its not going to matter what the lines are.

No Versteeg please.

There are no d options.

The Toews Era*

Nov 29, 2014
Versteeg and nordstrom cannot play. But neither can bickell. There has to be accountability for his mistake(s). I vote for double shifting saad kane and tt as has been mentioned before and maybe going with 7 dmen.

G0AT

Jun 1, 2014
Chicago
Same line up, or at least sit bickell for Hartman or Carcillo. Please just don't have that abysmal 1st period again.

Salvaged Ship

Oct 9, 2013
Timonen was -2 in 8 minutes and a disaster. He should sit.

I just wish for once he would pair Kane with some defensively responsible players. He is always with guys almost as useless as he is in the defensive end and I am sick of seeing them getting pinned in our zone. Throw Timonen out there with that line and you are almost guaranteed disaster.

Backyard Hockey

Dealing With It
Feb 13, 2015
Guys, this isn't game #61 of the regular season. Putting in a rookie with little or no NHL experience could prove disastrous.

For forward, you either drop Bickell to to the 4th and or sit him and play Versteeg. If it is Versteeg, you play him on the 4th and limit his minutes. Shaw moves up and you double shift Kane and Teuvo. This is it.

For D, you have to sit Timmonen. No other option. You may dress him, but he gets no minutes. Cumiskey will have to take some of his minutes and the top 4 are just going to have to gut it out. I'd rather see a tired Seabrook than a bad Timmonen.

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
Saad/Toews/Hossa
Shaw/Richards/Kane
Sharp/Vermette/TT
Versteeg/Kruger/Desjardins

I've seen enough of Bickell. I don't ever want to see him put on a Hawks' jersey again.

If it comes down to it, you start double-shifting Kane and TT and sit Hossa and Desjardins. Hossa has sucked this series.

The Toews Era*

Nov 29, 2014
I dont think you can mess with the bottom six in any way right now. I dont want to see shaw moved up or bickell/versteeg given heavy defensive responsibilty matching against getzlaf.

The Toews Era*

Nov 29, 2014
We basically played nine fwds last year and almost made finals. You just roll with 11 now with no bickell and maybe very little versteeg. Give extra ice time to saad kane and tt.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
SVEDBERG instead of Timonen..

Bench all of line #

New lines:

Saad Toews Rundblad
Sharp Vermette TT
Hartman Danault Shaw
Desjardins Kruger Hossa
You see if Bickell not producing and making defensive mistakes and if Kane not on a mission but slacking again both offensively (2 shots last game shows disinterest as was also his lack of interest in defending) and defensively and with Richards not doing much...bench them all...not just Bickell!

Now you put the vet Hossa to calm down the kids on line 3 .
.but the kids will have hunger at least and not take periods off.

Rundblad cannot defend his own zone...but neither does Kane...so if you put Rundblad at forward you get about the same forward defensive ability..But at least Rundblad will hustle if you let him attack...and I bet he gets off more than the 2 shots Kane mustered in this crucial game 5 loss...And since Hossa cannot beat any goalies anymore it is no loss on first line RW goal expectation to try Rundblad there instead..he probably will score some goals doing it as a RW.

AND elevating the Sharp Vermette TT line up a line will inspire them even more.

IF BICKELL was a passenger to be dropped off...so we're Richards and Kane last game...Bench the lot of them.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad