Pre-Game Talk: GAME 6: Jets @ Blues • Sat, Apr 20 @ 6:00 pm CT • CBC & Sportsnet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zhamnov5GoalGame

Former Director of GDT Operations
Jan 14, 2012
Winnipeg, MB, Canada
Have to believe that we win game 6... what choice do we have?
I'd blame myself for being at 4 straight playoff losses... but when the Jets lose this much at home no one would have a good record.

2.0 Record
2015 - game 3 loss
2018 - Minny game 2 win, Nashville game 3 win, game 6 loss, Vegas game 2 loss
2019 - game 1 loss, game 5 loss

sigh....

The Blue Baron

Nov 13, 2015
Hoser Country
Have to believe that we win game 6... what choice do we have?
I'd blame myself for being at 4 straight playoff losses... but when the Jets lose this much at home no one would have a good record.

2.0 Record
2015 - game 3 loss
2018 - Minny game 2 win, Nashville game 3 win, game 6 loss, Vegas game 2 loss
2019 - game 1 loss, game 5 loss

sigh....
Ugh money well burnt.

likely buy a sweet motorcycle for all those visits.

Benjamin Doveridge

Apr 15, 2019
Sorry folks but the Jets lose Game 6, 5-3. Binny is going to out play Hellebuyck. Perreault is going to take a stupid penalty at a very critical time causing a goal against on the ensuing PP. Ehlers is going to be pretty much useless. Everyone else is going to put in a decent effort but Binny will steal the show because we will shoot a profuse amount of perimeter shots. Hellebuyck is going to get lit up early and 2 soft goals will get by him.

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
Sorry folks but the Jets lose Game 6, 5-3. Binny is going to out play Hellebuyck. Perreault is going to take a stupid penalty at a very critical time causing a goal against on the ensuing PP. Ehlers is going to be pretty much useless. Everyone else is going to put in a decent effort but Binny will steal the show because we will shoot a profuse amount of perimeter shots. Hellebuyck is going to get lit up early and 2 soft goals will get by him.

Is this just a Blues fan trying to troll our board? I’m sure not even @nobody imp0rtant is this much of a pessimist!:sarcasm:

Ukkosenjumala

Nov 24, 2017
Finland
Why are people saying it's potentially Troubas last game as a Jet? He's still RFA for one more year so he isn't going anywhere unless the Jets trade him. Realisticly the Jets would propably match any offer sheets under 8 million and if it's over 8 million...well then you take the two 1st.s, 2nd and 3rd and laugh your way to the bank. Maybe even over 6 million you just take the 1st, 2nd and 3rd.

I don't know why hayes is buried on the 4th line, he needs to be higher I dont care if he replaces Little or Lowry, neither have been so good to warrant being untouchable there and you can put Little back on the wing too. Not to mention you kinda sour the guy for a small chance of resigning when you bury him on the 4th line. Jets have beat the Blues twice in a row before, they can do it again.

At this point you might as well bump Ehlers down and run Little Hayes Laine

Last edited:

Guffman

Apr 7, 2016
as a Jet? He's still RFA for one more year so he isn't going anywhere unless the Jets trade him. Realisticly the Jets would propably match any offer sheets under 8 million and if it's over 8 million...well then you take the two 1st.s, 2nd and 3rd and laugh your way to the bank. Maybe even over 6 million you just take the 1st, 2nd and 3rd.

I think the thought is that if Trouba is not interested in signing a reasonable long-term contract, we would trade him this offseason rather than keep him as our one year rental.

I would say the probability of us trading him increases the quicker we are eliminated from this year’s playoffs.

Eyeseeing

Fagheddaboudit
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2015
Is that you mom?

Eyeseeing

Fagheddaboudit
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2015
I think the thought is that if Trouba is not interested in signing a reasonable long-term contract, we would trade him this offseason rather than keep him as our one year rental.

I would say the probability of us trading him increases the quicker we are eliminated from this year’s playoffs.

Agree.
Again if we could keep him we are a better team for it.
However it would appear based on previous attempts that a long term deal is unlikely.
Trouba is going to get paid no matter what.
It would be nice to get something for him.
We shall find out soon enough.

TheJadePipe

Mar 8, 2016
Still shocked from last game that the goal was counted when net came off... And of coarse when I was watching the Leafs play last night a goal that should been disallowed due to goalie interference was called a goal..... shows me the Bias in the war room to only have one Canadian team.

nobody imp0rtant

Registered pessimist
May 23, 2018
Is this just a Blues fan trying to troll our board? I’m sure not even @nobody imp0rtant is this much of a pessimist!:sarcasm:

Oh you would be very wrong about that. :laugh: However, I'm trying to keep my pessimism in check for the time being. The Jets still have a good chance to come back and win this series. The Blues are not some unbeatable force. Like Vegas. :mad:

Reactions: snowkiddin
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad