Pre-Game Talk: GAME 6: Jets @ Blues • Sat, Apr 20 @ 6:00 pm CT • CBC & Sportsnet

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlphaLackey

Mar 21, 2013
Winnipeg, MB
So that’s where you disappeared to for the last week. ;)

Good to see you back.

;) what can I say, time travel plays hell with your temper.

And it's not even close.

And it's not even accurate.

https://morehockeystats.com/teams/strikebacks

Screen Shot 2019-04-19 at 3.45.04 PM.png

Per MoreHockeyStats, the Jets lost five games in the regular season when having a two goal lead at some point in the game, tying them for 10th through 12th most with Toronto and Detroit.

You know what team lost seven regular season games when having a two goal lead at some point in the game? Hint: it's the team we're playing tomorrow.

I mean, come on, don't make me knock myself into the middle of next Thursday again. It takes as much effort to research a claim as it does to "angry react Maurice sucks" post about it sight-unseen.

Incidentally, our 9 "lost when ahead by 1" games is tied for 6th-7th best with Carolina.

So no, we aren't some NHL historic trend-setter in blown leads, we weren't even worse than the team we're playing in this round.

mondo3

Jun 4, 2011
Anaheim
The Jets and Blues are playing the fourth best-of-7 series in Stanley Cup Playoffs history with the road team winning each of the first five games. The others: the 1951 Stanley Cup Semifinals (Canadiens-Red Wings), the 1995 Eastern Conference Final (New Jersey Devils-Philadelphia Flyers) and the 2004 Western Conference Final (Calgary Flames-San Jose Sharks). A best-of-7 series never has featured the road team winning each of the first six games.

AlphaLackey

Mar 21, 2013
Winnipeg, MB
The Jets and Blues are playing the fourth best-of-7 series in Stanley Cup Playoffs history with the road team winning each of the first five games. The others: the 1951 Stanley Cup Semifinals (Canadiens-Red Wings), the 1995 Eastern Conference Final (New Jersey Devils-Philadelphia Flyers) and the 2004 Western Conference Final (Calgary Flames-San Jose Sharks). A best-of-7 series never has featured the road team winning each of the first six games.

Precisely why it happened tomorrow, it was finally due :)

Reactions: Jets 31 and ocdaddy

raideralex99

Whiteout Is Coming.
Dec 18, 2015
West Coast
Calgary has played 4 playoff games and they blew 2 third period leads and are down 3-1 in their series plus they were the #1 seed in the West.
The Jets played 5 playoff games blew 2 leads and are only down 3-2 in the series playing against the hottest team going into the playoffs.
Stop with the negativity ... Jets win Jets win!

Reactions: Jets 31 and Ggg99

iannn

Jan 7, 2010
Why does it seem worse than it is? Because some folks count a game where we're up by two, they tie it, and we win it with a late one, as a "blown lead".

View attachment 217707

Big part of it is human psychology too. We're much more likely to remember a heartbreaking defeat after leading than we are to remember a game where we closed out a lead with ease. Creates a lot of magnified emphasis on those blown leads

Reactions: AlphaLackey

AlphaLackey

Mar 21, 2013
Winnipeg, MB
Big part of it is human psychology too. We're much more likely to remember a heartbreaking defeat after leading than we are to remember a game where we closed out a lead with ease. Creates a lot of magnified emphasis on those blown leads

A headline like "Plane Lands Safely" won't sell many newspapers.

Jetfaninflorida

Southernmost Jet Fan
Dec 13, 2013
Florida
;) what can I say, time travel plays hell with your temper.

And it's not even accurate.

https://morehockeystats.com/teams/strikebacks

View attachment 217705

Per MoreHockeyStats, the Jets lost five games in the regular season when having a two goal lead at some point in the game, tying them for 10th through 12th most with Toronto and Detroit.

You know what team lost seven regular season games when having a two goal lead at some point in the game? Hint: it's the team we're playing tomorrow.

I mean, come on, don't make me knock myself into the middle of next Thursday again. It takes as much effort to research a claim as it does to "angry react Maurice sucks" post about it sight-unseen.

Incidentally, our 9 "lost when ahead by 1" games is tied for 6th-7th best with Carolina.

So no, we aren't some NHL historic trend-setter in blown leads, we weren't even worse than the team we're playing in this round.
The other stat was specific to a third period lead.

The Blue Baron

Nov 13, 2015
Hoser Country
Oh they will. Blues are not going to let this slip away from them. They don’t want to have to travel back to Winnipeg. Jets going out in pure Winnipeg Jets style.

Blues. 4
Jets 0

LOL, that is not our style of loss.

Haven’t even paying attention?

Our style is having a two-goal lead halfway through the third only to puke up a loss in regulation.We set an NHL record to that effect this year!

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011
Calgary has played 4 playoff games and they blew 2 third period leads and are down 3-1 in their series plus they were the #1 seed in the West.
The Jets played 5 playoff games blew 2 leads and are only down 3-2 in the series playing against the hottest team going into the playoffs.
Stop with the negativity ... Jets win Jets win!

The only silver lining to going out in the first round would be that it wouldn't be close to the biggest embarrassment of the playoffs.

Reactions: Hobble

winnipegger

Dec 17, 2013
Every damn game is a coin flip. Two 99 point teams. St Louis is excellent defensively WPG has a skilled offense that can blow a game open. I think the Jets can win two games in a row. I also think the Blues can win tomorrow. What a profound opinion. But that's reality. It's just a coin flip these next two games.

It wasn't a perfect season and overall I'm satisfied with how the Jets have performed in the playoffs.

roccerfeller

jets bromantic
Sep 27, 2009
British Columbia

Let's make history

Reactions: Jets 31 and ocdaddy
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad