GDT: Game 6: Ducks vs. Wild 2/1/13 7:00 PM

Status
Not open for further replies.

paine

Jun 4, 2007
Vatanen is insanely good. He knows exactly where he is passing before the puck gets to him, and he is so quick with his release. I thought he would be good, but never this good. He is the truth. Yep, the truth. <- new nickname

Duck Off

HF needs an App
Oct 25, 2002
Oklahoma
Yeah I'd rather Selanne or Ryan be on the wing on that top unit.

Ryan/Selanne-Getz-Perry
Fowler-Vatanen

Ryan/Selanne-Koivu-Palmieri
Sbisa-Souray/Beauchemin

paine

Jun 4, 2007
He sat so that Sami could play. Don't worry, he'll be back tomorrow. Allen will not.

I'll be shocked if Allen sits. Shocked. Allen is so much better than users on here make him out to be. Sure, he made a few mistakes, but overall he played a solid game.

Vatanen should be in the lineup, but I don't think Bruce will sit Lydman again. But he can dress 7 defenseman.

Selanne138

Nov 18, 2009
I'll be shocked if Allen sits. Shocked. Allen is so much better than users on here make him out to be. Sure, he made a few mistakes, but overall he played a solid game.

Vatanen should be in the lineup, but I don't think Bruce will sit Lydman again. But he can dress 7 defenseman.

Lydman will play. Allen is the kind of player who you never want to notice on the ice, because when you do its most likely negative as he is strictly a shutdown guy. Any mistake he makes is amplified more than for any of the other guys who bring other elements to their game. I don't think he's been as bad as we've talked him up as being, but I wouldnt be opposed to sitting him for Sami either. No way we go 7 dmen after how well the Oreo line did yesterday, especially Etem. I wouldnt change anything in the forwards if I was BB.

Corey Perry*

Lydman will play. Allen is the kind of player who you never want to notice on the ice, because when you do its most likely negative as he is strictly a shutdown guy. Any mistake he makes is amplified more than for any of the other guys who bring other elements to their game. I don't think he's been as bad as we've talked him up as being, but I wouldnt be opposed to sitting him for Sami either. No way we go 7 dmen after how well the Oreo line did yesterday, especially Etem. I wouldnt change anything in the forwards if I was BB.

I still rather see Rakell than Smith-Pelly, even though DSP was better last night.

I think Allen's been okay, not nearly as bad as some have proclaimed, but I also rather have Lydman out there if I had to pick between the two... but I actually rather have both in the lineup tonight with LA's size. Put Sami back out there on Monday.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas

Switch Etem and Beleskey for a few shifts.

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
Great job 2nd line! Palmieri is going to be a good one! Also super pumped about the way Etem is playing. If he can be half of what he was in juniors he'll have a great career.

Time to beat the Queens!

Ducksgo*

Vatanen is insanely good. He knows exactly where he is passing before the puck gets to him, and he is so quick with his release. I thought he would be good, but never this good. He is the truth. Yep, the truth. <- new nickname

I enjoy his shot. His shot is very quickly released. This guys a fricken stud

Selanne138

Nov 18, 2009
Switch Etem and Beleskey for a few shifts.

I actually wouldnt mind seeing what Etem could do there. With the energy he brought last night, it could work out. Id start with what we used against Minny though and then go from there. If Beleskey doesnt bring it then make a switch, but he surprisingly hasnt been terrible on that line.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
I actually wouldnt mind seeing what Etem could do there. With the energy he brought last night, it could work out. Id start with what we used against Minny though and then go from there. If Beleskey doesnt bring it then make a switch, but he surprisingly hasnt been terrible on that line.

He has always been okay on the 1st line, but i think most of us want to put someone there that will capitalize on those opportunities

pesko

Sep 14, 2004
Beleskey is not OK on the first line, and he never has been. He has the physicality, but not the skill. He stays on the pace, but has stone hands and can't capitalize on the chances. He's been the best out of limited choices on the line, but that doesn't make it good.

Mr Rogers

Jul 11, 2010
Calgary

I agree with this.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Beleskey is not OK on the first line, and he never has been. He has the physicality, but not the skill. He stays on the pace, but has stone hands and can't capitalize on the chances. He's been the best out of limited choices on the line, but that doesn't make it good.

Hes not okay, hes physical and stays on pace and best of limited choices, but doesnt make him good.

I didnt claim he was good, hence why i said he was okay o_O, and said wed rather see someone that will capitalize.

Ducksgo*

Hes not okay, hes physical and stays on pace and best of limited choices, but doesnt make him good.

I didnt claim he was good, hence why i said he was okay o_O, and said wed rather see someone that will capitalize.

And that's Etem :)

Selanne138

Nov 18, 2009

I meant hes been better than he ever was before on that line. Ive always hated Beleskey with Getzlaf/Perry, Ive thought he brings down their games significantly. But hes surprised me a bit so far. Ideally we obviously have someone better there, because Beleskey is a 3rd/4th line tweener at best. But right now he seems like the best option to start.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas

Not terrible, but I'd like to see someone who's more adept at creating chances and finishing them. I mean no disrespect to Matty B, but having seen enough of Etem, I can say that that first empty netter he whiffed on, Etem would've sniped that quickly.

bumperkisser

Mar 31, 2009
I don't know if I buy the maintenance day thing for Lydman. I imagine there's some merit to it, but Beauchemin is just as much in need, if not more, of one of those than Lydman.

I think it was for a few other factors:

-Wanting to get Vatanen a game.

-Bb probably knows that Lydman is most likely to be moved if a trade were to happen.

I imagine he does want to watch his health, but I think that line was more about trying to not get Toni discouraged or upset.

maybe.. but lydman is 35. (aka getting up there in edge) beach is 32 which is not really that old at all. that 3 years is a pretty big difference

Duck Off

HF needs an App
Oct 25, 2002
Oklahoma
I wouldn't mind seeing Etem there but at first glance he's not the type that generally strives. That line kinda needs a grinder with them that has some skill. That's why Beleskey is inconsistent sometimes. He's got the forechecking and nastiness needed but not great skill. Etem doesn't strike me as someone who's going to do the big forechecking for the line or someone who is great at cycling. Granted haven't seen him play much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad