GDT: [Game #6] Dallas Stars @ Ottawa Senators - 6:00 PM CT (BSSW)

MrHeiskanen

Nov 12, 2017
Gurianov to the press box where he belongs. What a wonderful day. Maybe he will learn something watching from up top this time "different perspective" because it didn't work the last 8 times, maybe it will work this time. Hahaha

Smelling Salt

Busey is life
Mar 8, 2006
Winnipeg
Like, Guri is playing for a contract. Heck, maybe he's playing for his NHL future past this season. If that isn't enough for him to breakout, press box nachos definitely won't be. Unless they are really bad nachos I guess.

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
Peterson in many ways is the anti-Gurianov. Not exceptionally skilled or physically gifted but praised for his exceptionally high hockey IQ .
That's why I'm curious to see how JP plays in Pep's system. I honestly don't think that JP is that special of a player. There's not a lot of guys that can burn on this team- which I think was why Guryanov was favoured over JP initially. Now it's JPs time to prove himself. The bar to stay in the lineup isn't even that high- but we need one of them to produce.

eartotheground

capslock broken
Sponsor
Jul 7, 2006
Helsinki South
Making hating a middling NHLer your entire personality certainly is a choice, I guess.
i think ppl feel owed something when a player has high expectations but fails. it's absurd, of course, but explains why 2 players of the same production can have opposite fan sentiment.

M88K

irreverent
May 24, 2014
Making hating a middling NHLer your entire personality certainly is a choice, I guess.
I don't know that anyone "hates" him. I certainly have been one of the more vocal Gurianov critics and wanted him gone a long time ago, but I'd never say I ever hated him.

People love(d) to defend Gurianov, and were talking about how great he'd be away from Bowness, as if the best stretch of his career didn't come under Bowness, so naturally you'll have the people on the other side doing the chest pounding when he unsurprisingly starts eating Healthy Scratches under yet another coach.

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
I don't know that anyone "hates" him. I certainly have been one of the more vocal Gurianov critics and wanted him gone a long time ago, but I'd never say I ever hated him.

People love(d) to defend Gurianov, and were talking about how great he'd be away from Bowness, as if the best stretch of his career didn't come under Bowness, so naturally you'll have the people on the other side doing the chest pounding when he unsurprisingly starts eating Healthy Scratches under yet another coach.
One of the reasons I wanted to see Bowness fired was to see if another coach would get more out of Gurianov (and others). So far, it's not happening with DeBoer, but we are seeing other players show us more. Maybe more time will help. Guianov seems to have always been a slow starter, even going back to his AHL days.

piqued

nos merentur hoc
Nov 22, 2006
Guri's speed is functionally irrelevant if he refuses to use it. Peterson is a better fit anyway because while not a defensive stalwart he can at least provide some two-way balance on that line, especially since we're finding out that Marchment can be shaky at times in his own zone. Seguin and Peterson showed some chemistry last year.

Reactions: Elysian

WhoahNow

WhatsApp lead the way
Sep 7, 2011
I wonder who’s the best young player we could swap him with.

Maybe the likes of Puljujarvi, Crouse, Bellows
I did a cap friendly filter of players who will be RFA, have a 2.5 to 3.5 mil cap hit. In a straight swap probably looking at Puljujarvi or Yamamoto. I'm assuming the cap hits would have to be pretty similar otherwise more pieces would need to be involved, Crouse is like 4.3 and Bellows is only 1.2
1666645252122.png

Johno

We deserve it
Oct 30, 2013
I did a cap friendly filter of players who will be RFA, have a 2.5 to 3.5 mil cap hit. In a straight swap probably looking at Puljujarvi or Yamamoto. I'm assuming the cap hits would have to be pretty similar otherwise more pieces would need to be involved, Crouse is like 4.3 and Bellows is only 1.2View attachment 598326
Oh right, forgot that Crouse has that horrendous contract going on atm, so nevermind that!
I’m sure that some retention could be possible to make it work with Bellows. Would be fun for the storyline tho!

Kipper 17

Aug 11, 2006
Calgary, AB

I feel like the bolded is an exaggeration. I always felt like we needed to see what he could do with a different coach before trading him away for nothing and I think that’s what most others felt as well. I don’t think anyone expected him to explode to be a 30+ goal scorer outside of Bones’ system.

Now that we’re a few games in, I think we should trade him. He may still be able to turn it around but even if he does, how long until he loses confidence and shows back into an extended slump?

Put him with Robo and Hintz against the Canucks and Sharks to get him some points to inflate his value a little and send him off. That’s how it works, right?

Reactions: Elysian

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
I don’t recall people defending him like he was gonna be a superstar still, we’re just closer to what the actual FO mentality about Guri is.

Reactions: Kipper 17

5ive4Fighting

Feb 11, 2019
Lonely end of the rink
This will likely be another game I miss.

Haven't properly seen one since the second Nashville game. All these Canadian games are blacked out for me with Centre Ice, and it's massively annoying. I've always used NHL.tv up until this season but since the NHL does everything in it's power to not allow fans to watch games AND turned their shit over the Sportsnet, the early season has sucked as a Stars fan in Canada. Yeah yeah yeah alternative means but those have become worse and worse for me for whatever reason.

At least this will be the last game I'll have a problem with for a while. Well, for two weeks until they play Edmonton and Winnipeg again. :laugh:
Are you a holdover from the Minny days? I was a North Stars fan for years, and when they moved I decided cheering for a team in Texas made no sense, so I wandered around homeless for a bit, and then adopted Ottawa. :)

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,217.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $400.00