GDT: [Game #6] Dallas Stars @ Ottawa Senators - 6:00 PM CT (BSSW)

Elysian

Emo Stars Fan
Dec 4, 2011
Norton, OH
It's a tiny sample but I don't necessarily think the stats support that. He faces more shots/xG/High Danger chances etc. than any goalie on this team the past two seasons. Maybe in his 10 game sample it's biased towards decent teams (Leafs twice, Hcanes, Lightning, Oilers) but still it's worth noting.

View attachment 598598
By conservatively I mean not taking the same risks offensively as with Oetter.
1666709063974.png

Seems like after they scored 1 we more or less turtled, till the last few minutes when Wedgewood wasn't even in net. Compare that to Montreal when they kept their foot on the gas:

1666709218968.png

Strategy seems completely different when Wedgewood is in net. Could just be the one game, but considering the vastly different result when Wedgewood is in net vs not, I don't think it is.

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
By conservatively I mean not taking the same risks offensively as with Oetter. View attachment 598606

Seems like after they scored 1 we more or less turtled, till the last few minutes when Wedgewood wasn't even in net. Compare that to Montreal when they kept their foot on the gas:

View attachment 598607

Strategy seems completely different when Wedgewood is in net. Could just be the one game, but considering the vastly different result when Wedgewood is in net vs not, I don't think it is.
idk montreals an AHL team and Ottawa is frisky

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Yeah I’d bet that’s largely because they seemed to use him only against the heavy hitters last year

They had worn out Otter a bit by the time they aquired Wegdewood . They needed him to play quite a bit because Jake clearly needed regular breaks

Reactions: Elysian

Ratbath

Jul 3, 2019
They had worn out Otter a bit by the time they aquired Wegdewood . They needed him to play quite a bit because Jake clearly needed regular breaks
Yeah, exactly. They also were probably trying to protect baby otter from getting overwhelmed by the real monsters of the league too often.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad