GDT: Game 6: Columbus at San Jose | 10/23 10:30PM EDT

thebus2288*

What would our record be if Johansen hadn't signed?

2-4 ?

1-5 ?

What about without Johansen and WITH Dubinsky, Jenner and Murray?

It should be abundantly clear by this point that #19 is the best CBJ player AINEC.

I'm pretty sure I can come up with some fractions to prove that it IS CLOSE

Yeah, I think most would prefer Joey + middle of the pack goalie like (new) Mason/Mike Smith/Holtby/Crawford over Bobrovsky + lower tier 1C like Stepan/Kadri/Zajac

**** I'd take BOB and a 2C in Dubinsky over Johansen and Mason/Holtby/Crawford

Would you people rather have Johansen break 100pts so you could brag about how awesome he is on here, or have the CBJ actually make it to the SC finals??

WannabeFinn

Beloved One
May 31, 2014
Columbus
simulationhockey.com
I think you just might be underestimating the offensive disparity between Johansen/Dubinsky and the level of play that Johansen can achieve in a couple of years.

But hey, that's a fair choice to make. I love Bobrovsky and think you couldn't exactly go wrong picking him.

thebus2288*

I think you just might be underestimating the offensive disparity between Johansen/Dubinsky and the level of play that Johansen can achieve in a couple of years.

But hey, that's a fair choice to make. I love Bobrovsky and think you couldn't exactly go wrong picking him.

No.... You guys overestimate the offensive disparity(Ryjo>) while also underestimate the defensive disparity(Dubi>). Their OVERALL VALUE TO THE TEAM is WAAAAYYYY closer than most of you want to believe. IMO its nearly identical.

And if your talking in a few years we're looking at Dubi at 6 mil cap hit and Johansen at what, 8? ****ing 11?

WannabeFinn

Beloved One
May 31, 2014
Columbus
simulationhockey.com
No.... You guys overestimate the offensive disparity(Ryjo>) while also underestimate the defensive disparity(Dubi>). Their OVERALL VALUE TO THE TEAM is WAAAAYYYY closer than most of you want to believe. IMO its nearly identical.

And if your talking in a few years we're looking at Dubi at 6 mil cap hit and Johansen at what, 8? ****ing 11?
Johansen is a very good two way center. He's not so much worse at defense than Dubinsky that his 15+ more points of offensive production can't make up the difference.

thebus2288*

Dubi is a very good 2 way guys also. Johansen had 13 more points and played in 6 MORE GAMES last year. I'd also like to add that the "games missed" category does not count the game that the injury occurred OR the 1st games back from injury. That's easily 10 games right there that he's nowhere near 100%. Johansen already has a 9 point head start on him this year.

Nick Foligno is just as valuable to Ryan Johansen as Johansen is to the CBJ.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009

Would you people rather have Johansen break 100pts so you could brag about how awesome he is on here, or have the CBJ actually make it to the SC finals??

Why can't we have both? Point me a team that has won the Cup recently without a clear cut #1 center.

LA with Kopitar
BOS with Bergeron and even Krejci
CHI with Toews

Recent history shows you need a #1 center to win the Cup, we have that in Joey. But we also have Dubi and Arty who aren't slouches either. Anyway why does this even matter? All the dudes we're talking about are on the ****ing team.

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137

If Joey hits 100 with Foligno and Hartnell we have one of the best centers in the game today...

Crede777

Deputized
Dec 16, 2009
I kind of see Nick Foligno to Johansen as Kunitz is to Crosby.

Kunitz is probably a better player than he's given credit for, but Crosby does a LOT to improve Kunitz's numbers.

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
I kind of see Nick Foligno to Johansen as Kunitz is to Crosby.

Kunitz is probably a better player than he's given credit for, but Crosby does a LOT to improve Kunitz's numbers.

If only we could get him his own version of Kane....oh wait...

Foligno-Johansen-Milano?! :sarcasm:

I can't help but to dream...

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
Who needs Kane when we have the league leader in assists, Mr. Scott "the dishmaster" Hartnell?

But there's no way Hartnell can keep that up, I mean by the time his contracts over and Milano is NHL ready he'll be worse then Umberger! :sarcasm:

Ad

Upcoming events

• Latvia vs Kazakhstan
    Latvia vs Kazakhstan
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $265.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Norway vs Denmark
    Norway vs Denmark
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $80.00