Post-Game Talk: Game 6: Caps vs. Leafs

Status
Not open for further replies.

MoreMogilny

Cap'n
Jul 5, 2009
Oshawa
Congrats Caps.

Well fought series. Tremendous appreciation for the sheer amount of talent on your team. Proud of what the Leafs were able to do but the result felt inevitable nonetheless. Best of luck against the Pens!

marcel snapshot

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2005
Marcus has been our best net-front guy all year. And he's done it in the playoffs before - banged in 2 rebounds when we came back from 3-0 in game 5 to eliminate the Rangers in 2011

Ovie's Neighbor

Jan 23, 2007
It is so odd how it seems like this team turns it on and off during a game. They looked liked an entirely different team after they got scored on.

artilector

Jan 11, 2006
So it means, a whole week of rest for Pit.

Regardless of rest, some of their key players are not coming back. That's still in Caps' favor.

And, seeing how the Caps played poorly after long breaks, this kind of medium break should be perfect for them.

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
It is so odd how it seems like this team turns it on and off during a game. They looked liked an entirely different team after they got scored on.

I'm super surprised that we turned it on even after a deflating goal by Matthews. The Caps of yesterday would've moped their way to a loss in regulation. Instead, we pressed harder and scored a greasy goal to tie the game, and another greasy goal by #90 to win the series.

bur and 666 others

Jun 13, 2012
Even though we won, we looked dreadful against a team full of rookies icing a horrible defense. I would honestly be shocked if we win more than 1 game against the Pens.

Please don't underestimate the leafs, they are a helluva team. what a series! what a game! they weren't scared at all, youth's fearlessness is one of most powerful attributes. they were very unpredicted and tactic, executed everything perfectly and surprised us constantly. i doubt the pens could bring that to the table.

animositynow

Mar 4, 2012
as a caps fan living in toronto, i am so happy caps actually pulled it out. now my friends can finally calm down and be quiet.

proud of them. and even if we lose in the second yet again, I am still happy. Pittsburgh is a great damn team..

with that said, I am confident that they can go head for head with pittsburgh, and think it will be a toss up series. GOC APS

sycamore

Jan 16, 2010
There's a difference between realizing your team is in for an uphill battle and wanting the opposition to win. Pittsburgh is a significantly better version of the team that just took the Capitals to OT five times in six games.

Minus one thing. No Babcock. Lets call a spade a spade, he was the main reason the Leafs won 2 games and played us tooth and nail the entire series.

Skrudland2Lomakin

Jan 1, 2011
There's a difference between realizing your team is in for an uphill battle and wanting the opposition to win. Pittsburgh is a significantly better version of the team that just took the Capitals to OT five times in six games. The Capitals are going to need to play better than they did if they want to get past the Penguins. Either that or the Pens goalies are going to have to meltdown (wouldn't be the first time).

Playoffs are all about matchups, the rounds are not transitive. Also Babcock is a hockey wizard.

I think we're naive if we don't believe this team was built and prepared for this series all season long. It's clear the cup runs through Pittsburgh, Trotz and crew began preparing for that last May.

Revelation

Aug 15, 2016
How are the Pens a better version of the Leafs? Who is their Matthews? Nylander? Marner? Komarov? There's no direct comparison with them at all.

Skrudland2Lomakin

Jan 1, 2011
TJ's okay, right?

TJ laying out reminds me of that old Gretzky story. To paraphrase he said it's when he first realized what it took to actually win cup. After the 82-83 series Gretzky, Messier, etc. walked by the Islander locker room after losing the cup. They expected to see the Islanders celebrating and drinking champagne but they saw them all icing their shoulders and knees. Gretzky credits that moment as realizing what it took to win a cup.

Oshie and company laying out reminds me of that story. Oshie is an UFA, yet he's laying it all out for this team. He wants this cup, these guys want this cup. Got to love it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad